The end of high school is near... (1 Viewer)

taeyang

HSC
hmm LOL i wanted to kill shakespeare until I found a copy of Sparknotes no fear julius caesar. made my life TONNES easier :L

and OMG, I actually LOVE maths, mostly coz I'm doing so well at it now. I remember in year 9 i was ranked 46/83 at my old school, then in year 11 I started to get to the top :)
haha yeh, even though I am only doing ext1 I was ranked 95/100 in my school.

Skriker

HSC
this is how I feel......

PARTY N PARTY N YEAH! FUN FUN THINK ABOUT FUN YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS......

that is all.

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
I'm actually eager to move out in the big wide world! n_n Quite over the monotony of school recently, it's just ugh.
Though, I am torn, I'm going to miss a few things quite a lot. D:

13abie

HSC
some of the modules are alright, like I found speeches to be quite good, I reckon module A was alright, Skrzynecki wasn't so good, and julius caesar... bluergghhh T_T

I read the namesake (another belonging prescribed text, turns out to be better than skryznecki poems). :p
Im doing the same texts as you and I gotta say I HATED speeches and Skrzynecki, modula A was alright (but hard), and I really liked Julius Caesar.
Also I think advanced english sucks, but english extension is my favourite subject, I think the advanced course is shit, but english as a subject is great.

Also the sooner school ends forever the better. I'm so over my teachers and most of the kids at my school. I don't get why people are sad to leave, like its not as if you're never gonna see your friends again. The best friends you keep, and the people you never see again are the people who you dont care about never seeing again.

cannot wait for it to be over and I can study on my own timetable

rayz93

HSC
English is fun. Well, it only got fun in year 12 to be honest. I hate maths. I don't want to experience the situation I went through. Crap marks all year.. and that's the only outlier :( Oh well, can't change the past. Life moves on, and I think i'll miss school heaps! Especially subject classes I enjoyed the most - legal, bio, english. However, a change from the same routine everyday would be great! Good luck to everyone. I'm sure you guys will miss high school! :)

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Glad that I won't have to do the HSC again after its over. Sad that a part of my childhood/teenage years are gone. Scared that imma failz uniz :(

Vidhya

HSC
All my subjects and teachers are awesome (including english) and I know for a fact that once the summer holidays start, I'll be pretty depressed about high school having finished. I love my cohort, we're like a giant, retarded family. Sad but excited about graduation!

kfnmpah

HSC
teehee everyone saying they will never do english again. no matter what your degree, you'll have to do some sort of essay/response where you use your words.
Even in the maths portion degree there are 'explain' and other g@y word-y reasoning questions. They suck, but they're there.

EDIT: and yes, you will all mis high school. especially if you move away from home for uni. You'll miss being spoon fed, even if your school says you're not, wait 'til you get to uni it makes high school look like freakin' play school or something. ESPECIALLY if you're doing some sort of science/maths/engineering/double degree/not an arts degree. At first it will be fun. You'll be like 'i have so much spare time, i will study heaps' then you'll spend a weekend sleeping/procrastinating and all of a sudden it will be week 5 andyou will be like "herp derp I miss school so much!" then it will be week 9 and you'll projectile vomit, then it will be exam time and you'll have lots of all nighters and not go to class because you lectopia everything then you get all credits when you should have got distinctions at least.
I'm guessing.

Then you'll change degrees and love it and realise that uni is hard and you need to put in heaps more effort, and do much better :)

happy ending!

Last edited:
HSC
Time sure flies.
I still remember the day I graduated from primary school, thinking that 6 years is still a looooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggg way to go, and now, I'm leaving high school forever in 3 weeks time.

You don't feel the days passing by.......
Couldn't agree more, it's actually a little scary!

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
teehee everyone saying they will never do english again. no matter what your degree, you'll have to do some sort of essay/response where you use your words.
Even in the maths portion degree there are 'explain' and other g@y word-y reasoning questions. They suck, but they're there.

EDIT: and yes, you will all mis high school. especially if you move away from home for uni. You'll miss being spoon fed, even if your school says you're not, wait 'til you get to uni it makes high school look like freakin' play school or something. ESPECIALLY if you're doing some sort of science/maths/engineering/double degree/not an arts degree. At first it will be fun. You'll be like 'i have so much spare time, i will study heaps' then you'll spend a weekend sleeping/procrastinating and all of a sudden it will be week 5 andyou will be like "herp derp I miss school so much!" then it will be week 9 and you'll projectile vomit, then it will be exam time and you'll have lots of all nighters and not go to class because you lectopia everything then you get all credits when you should have got distinctions at least.
I'm guessing.

Then you'll change degrees and love it and realise that uni is hard and you need to put in heaps more effort, and do much better :)

happy ending!
But we don't have to write about belonging.

kfnmpah

HSC
you're right- you're not spoon fed topic sentences, essay structures, essay topics etc at uni. You're given vague questions and that is all.

funnytomato

HSC

I'm guessing.

happy ending!
I wouldn't say that I miss high school at all, not only because we don't have to worry about shakespeare's motherfxxxing hamlet, but also the fact that science is actually about science at tertiary level

funnytomato

HSC
^also when they ask you to "explain" something , you actually have something to talk about

whereas in english, i doubt that even the authors themselves could answer some of the hsc questions about their own texts well enough

HSC
Uni Grad
Im doing the same texts as you and I gotta say I HATED speeches and Skrzynecki, modula A was alright (but hard), and I really liked Julius Caesar.
Also I think advanced english sucks, but english extension is my favourite subject, I think the advanced course is shit, but english as a subject is great.

Also the sooner school ends forever the better. I'm so over my teachers and most of the kids at my school. I don't get why people are sad to leave, like its not as if you're never gonna see your friends again. The best friends you keep, and the people you never see again are the people who you dont care about never seeing again.

cannot wait for it to be over and I can study on my own timetable
I reckon module C was a bitch coz it seemed rather all over the place =_=

hmm i can't wait for it to be over. I want to be doing subjects that I actually like to do, and the ones that I can actually study for, i.e. maths related ones :)

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
My school's awesome! I'm going to miss everything about it - the friends, the teachers...the buildings! lol Even the uniform!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)