The F1 Thread (9 Viewers)

V

vanbasten

Capable?.....barely. He got close to Schumi only because of the revised points system and a decent car (do not compare him to Coulthard in '03 as he was also shocking). While the young man has talent, he does not have the mettle to challenge Schu just yet. I think the hype that surrounded him was way too much - for God's sake, he came to F1 straight from Formula Renault thinking he is the next Mika Hakkinnen. His debut year was not as good as it was made out to be - he was both outqualified and outscored by Nick Heidfeld in a very formidable twin-keel Sauber who came 4th in that years constructor's championship ('01). Don't get me wrong Kimi fans, he has done quite well at McLaren since he has arrived but this year has been defining for his career as it has been clearly difficult with a shitty Mercedes beneath him. This will only make him better, but the "Iceman" has certainly shown some cracks (ie pushing race stewards....tsk tsk). Conclusions, Kimi sucks and if anyone is to challenge the Schu next year it will be Montoya or our man Webber in (hopefully) a competitive Williams.

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
Montoya??? He is a very fast driver, but like I have said in the past, he doesnt have the right attitude. Montoya is too arrogant and fiesty. He thinks just cause he is fast and has challenged Schuey before that he can call all the shots with the team, etc.
I still think Kimi is the mosty likely to challenge Schuey next year.

V

vanbasten

In terms of Championship-winning attitudes, the only guys who have it are Schuey and Webber - they are the only two without attitudinal flaws. Don't forget they were saying that Montoya didn't have the right attitude to win the CART championship and he did it. OK, F1 and CART are two very different things but it counts nevertheless. As for JPM's temperament, it is apparent but as for calling the shots - i don't think so. Patrick Head and Frank Williams are tough cookies that don't take shit from anyone including their drivers, which is exactly the reason why both of their current drivers are leaving next year. JPM's arrogance and "fiestiness" are matched by his speed and as shown by him before, wheel-to-wheel, he will beat Schuey but the problem is Schuey is the master of avoiding such competition which really, really sucks.

As for Kimi's challenge - I cannot totally dismiss it but he will seriously need to regroup after this season as will McLaren if they are seriously to challenge the red cars. I still think, however, the main challenges will be the drivers in the Williamses (hopefully Webber and Fisichella) and the BAR's - well not Sato as he is the craziest I have ever seen. Sato has the capacity to be extremely quick but only if he revises his brake/throttle application which seems to be the root of his numerous failures this year.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Argh I leave for one day and the "I hate Kimi" cavalry marches in! .. No more Kimi bashing please :( >esp from you oj! - he's so not gay looking :p

Schumi will win the championship this year obviously... and Ferrari will take the constructors champ. meh :rolleyes: thats not so hard to predict.
There's always next year as you said vanbasten, if Webber doesn't get his drive with Williams (highly unlikely!) then I don't think he'll have much of a chance.
I really want Fisi to go to a good team- imo he's one of the best over takers along with Taku & JPM.... YES crazy Taku & JPM! I think JPM will be able to challenge for the championship next season (but thats what everyone said at the end of last season about both JPM and Kimi) :( .. and then there's Rubens :) .. who I like very much but he always seems to be constant runner-up.. ie. moving over to let michael take the win or challenge for the championship< those things piss me off.. but I still think he's in with a chance he just needs to be a little more agressive maybe.

V

vanbasten

Webber to Williams, Fisichella to Renault?

Fisi to Renault I would like to see as that Fisi-Alonso pairing woule be absolutely awesome. The only thing that may stop this is Fisi's can only be released from his Sauber contract if Ferrari-Williams-McLaren offer him one......

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
vanbasten said:
Reno, who do you support?
I used to like JPM when he was in CART because he was a fellow countryman, but since moving to F1 i have started to dislike him because of his attitude.
Right now my favourite driver would have to be Kimi. He had the potential to be a really good driver before he came to McClaren, much like Webber, Alonso or Fisi. He also seems like a very nice natured guy.
But there will never be anyone like Aryton Senna and Mika Hakkinen, those two are my all time favourite drivers.

I could have probably just answered you question in 1 word but because of the character limit, I decided to ramble on.

V

vanbasten

Before you go around saying Kimi is a nice natured guy I would like to tell you that he isnt. Every year that I have been to the Aussie GP (last 3) he has been a bastard. Doesnt sign autographs, doesn't acknowledge his fans...nothing. JPM on the other hand is one of the best drivers in terms of his fans. He has that typical Finn-ess about him - doesn't care for his fans and I absolutely despise that.

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
Lol. I havent really noticed that of Kimi in the Aussie GP, but ill have to take your word on this, seeing that I havent been to the Aussie GP.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
vanbasten said:
Before you go around saying Kimi is a nice natured guy I would like to tell you that he isnt. Every year that I have been to the Aussie GP (last 3) he has been a bastard. Doesnt sign autographs, doesn't acknowledge his fans...nothing. JPM on the other hand is one of the best drivers in terms of his fans. He has that typical Finn-ess about him - doesn't care for his fans and I absolutely despise that.
That is one incident and your opinion I respect that.. - but it is not shared by me and the other thousands of Kimi fans.. I actually think that Kimi is very humble in success and failure, he's actually very shy- (not outspoken) and not a "people person",I have friends who have met him so I'm not rambling on a bias reaction- this is the total oppposite of JPM- who is in your face.. have you seen that video where he bumps into the camera man and then runs his mouth?.. I don't really like his off track behaviour- but its him so what can you do.. imo he's still an excellent driver- my second favourite.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
vanbasten said:
Webber to Williams, Fisichella to Renault?

Fisi to Renault I would like to see as that Fisi-Alonso pairing woule be absolutely awesome. The only thing that may stop this is Fisi's can only be released from his Sauber contract if Ferrari-Williams-McLaren offer him one......
I'm not sure that I'd want Fisi to go to Renault.. I like Trulli- so I don't want to see him go to a shit team :rolleyes:

V

vanbasten

Have you seen the footage of Kimi pushing the race steward....ahem......humble, i think not.
At least JPM is a dickhead consistently.

As for Trulli, I also think the same. Anyone who outqualified and outraced Frentzen in the same car deserves a good drive. However, I like Fisichella (MY second favourite driver) and would prefer him at Renault as opposed Williams. While Trulli can only get better, he has taken way too long to shine in terms of race performance and I'm sad to say, F1 is an unforgiving sport (ie Frentzen '97). Unforgiving, that is, if your name isn't Michael Schumacher.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
vanbasten said:
Have you seen the footage of Kimi pushing the race steward....ahem......humble, i think not.
At least JPM is a dickhead consistently.
What so now formula one drivers can't have any raw emotion? Can you name another incident? It was his way of dealing with his frustration even if it might have been the 'wrong' way.. I would hardly expect him to be all smiles 100% of the time- this goes for all the drivers.

V

vanbasten

Your contradicting yourself. Your saying JPM's raw emotion is unacceptable while Kimi's is. Meh, I hate both of them anyway as personalities but as drivers, JPM is better.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
eLmo said:
Argh I leave for one day and the "I hate Kimi" cavalry marches in! .. No more Kimi bashing please :( >esp from you oj! - he's so not gay looking :p
yeh right kimi doesnt look gay... i bet if i made a survey the majority would think his gay....

i heard that webber might be joining renault? cuz their kinda pissed at trulli for screwing up a few times... but that may have only been speculations as webbers agent is like the boss of renault or something (can anyone confirm?)
ferrari always have some elite strategies up their sleeves, i bet even if mschu qualified 8th or so.... he'd still be a contender for winning the race...
they also always use barrichello to slow people down so mschu can win.... but i think there should be rules saying its not allowed its really unfair....

does anyone know if dc is retiring this season?

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
eLmo said:
That is one incident and your opinion I respect that.. - but it is not shared by me and the other thousands of Kimi fans.. I actually think that Kimi is very humble in success and failure, he's actually very shy- (not outspoken) and not a "people person",I have friends who have met him so I'm not rambling on a bias reaction- this is the total oppposite of JPM- who is in your face.. have you seen that video where he bumps into the camera man and then runs his mouth?.. I don't really like his off track behaviour- but its him so what can you do.. imo he's still an excellent driver- my second favourite.
yeh when raikonnen got onto the podium and the had the interview he sounds quite gay... and he looks gay... which only means 1 thing.....

who cares if raikonnen and jpm have a bad temper... i mean its about racing and shit... and plus everything we see on camera could be all bias and shit.... for all i know mschu could be a dickhead and also gay... (but i doubt it he sounds too nice during the interviews, but he still could be gay :p) i mean i dont know mschu personally so im not to judge so YEH!

V

vanbasten

Flavio Briatore (Renault team boss) is also Webber's manager. But, I think Webber will be off to Williams and Fisichella to Renault who was Benetton driver before Benetton became Renault. As for DC, I don't think he will retire. Speculation has it that once Trulli is ousted from Renault, he will go to Toyota for a lot of money and DC will replace Webber and Jag. However, I wouldnt be surprised to see DC in Toyota. DC will not retire this season but he will soon.

Ferrari's strategy is totally suited to Schumacher's style. Notice how Schumacher avoids overtaking at all costs, but such is Schumacher's brilliance is that he can control his lap time consistently and when the time is right (afte rthe first or second stint usually) he pushes, usuallyy setting three or four lap records in a row - most obvious in the last race and back in Monaco.

As for Kimi....he is quite gay. At least he talks at the post-race interviews. Does anyone remember Mika Hakkinen at the post-race interviews.....

Interviewer: "Mika, that was an excellent race. Can you tell us how you managed to win?"

Mika: "Ummm.............hmmmm........It was good."

And thats all he would say after almost every race.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
10/11 schuey really killing it now ... atleast the new mclaren is showing its a quik car, raikonnen got on the podium *yay*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)