The F1 Thread (1 Viewer)

F2001

HSC
re: The Official F1 Thread

Greg rust blows,
Cromp is good
Brundle is good, except when he immediately assumed Alonso brake tested Lewis, that was crazy, even upon multiple replays.
Cameron aint bad

I said it a millions times and probably a few times in this thread, But Allen is the worst commentator ever. When Jenson moved from Williams (to make room for the best driver ever, JPM:D), to the crap BAR was in, I could not believe the amount Allen would buff him up, give him a blow job while you're at it too (ie more than Hamilton in 07). And he draws comparisons from football/EPL too. I like football, but dont compare it to motorsports. /One of many rants on the internet about James faggot Allen from me.

Look at a motogp now, Greg rust always on the ass of Casey Stoner. Sigh... he hasnt changed position, his not all over the guy infront [Milandri] (ie his status/performance hasnt changed at all) for the whole race and Greg rust still has something to say about him. Btw that was a scary moment with Pedrosa

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Crompton is the best commentator we have, although, sometimes he gets too carried away with his CAD things. You only need to watch Moto GP to see how bad Australian commentators are, they damn well know the results and still can't tell who has fallen off their bike.

Just reading an article about F1 moving to the BBC next year ... it appears that they won't take on James and Martin etc etc etc.

Anyways, Monaco this weekend, woohoo! My favourite event ... the forecast even has some rain in store at the moment ... could be exciting.

Muz4PM

HSC

1.Massa (Ferrari)
2.Raikkonen (Ferrari)
3. Hamilton (McLaren)
4. Kovalainen (McLaren)
5. Kubica (BMW)
6. Rosberg (Williams)
7. Alonso (Renault)
8. Trulli (Toyota)
9. Webber (Red Bull)
10. Coulthard (Red Bull)
11. Glock (Toyota)
12. Button (Honda)
13. Heidfeld (BMW)
14. Nakajima (Williams)
15. Barrichello (Honda)
16. Bourdais (Torro Rosso)
17. Piquet (Renault)
18. Vettel (Torro Rosso)
19. Sutil (Force India
20. Fisichella (Force India)

Ferrari take the front row from McLaren. That should be pivotal this week as Monaco I hear is notoriously difficult for over taking. The possibility of rain and over the seventy-eight lap race may mean a race of attrition. It should be a good race to watch on Ten at 10.45. I need to get up early in the morning, so I can’t watch it :(

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Last time we had a truly wet Monaco, Olivier Panis won in a Ligier, and that was back around '96-ish.

Also, it should be mentioned, that during the wetter sections of the practice session, Jenson Button was over a second quicker than anyone else. If it rains, watch out for him.

F2001

HSC

Good race, cant be bothered to write about it.

Excellent reactions from Raikkonen is all I can say about him today LOL.

And if you want to see the worst commentating ever, download this race. Fucking james Allen must've tried to relate Hamilton to Senna over 20 times. Fucking disgrace, you fucking twat.

I"ll download the Speed DUB for my collection.

el gwapo

HSC

Yeah, Allen really should have shut his trap with the excessive usage of Senna comparison. But if you look at it, this is only the sixth time a British driver has won since... Monaco 2001 (DC). Anyone still remember Stoddart and Webber on the podium of Melb 02? That was kinda over the top.

But the race was freaking awesome:cool: :uhhuh: and we got to see who really has the cojones in the wet. Kimi's not too fond of the rain, he's pretty good once it starts to dry up but like in Japan last year his superior machinery can't save him. This is off topic but anyone remember Kimi retiring his Mclaren a couple of years back then heading straight to his yacht? Haha

Massa was pretty good at least relative to his teammate, although I'm not too sure whether that 16 second gap at one time was due to Kubica and Lewis pitting and hence carrying more fuel. Gotta feel sorry for Sutil - although in a sadistic way he helped Lewis.

Muz4PM

HSC

Yeah, that race was pretty good to watch. Outside of Allen and Brundle likening Hamilton to Senna, continually, and saying ad nausem the best thing to happen to him that race was the fact he got a puncture, I enjoyed watching the race. I am happy to see Kubica snatch second in a very consistant drive but I am worried about Heidfeld's ability to qualify well. he started really well in the race, shooting from 12th to 9th then to 5th when he got tangled with Alonso, who I thought looked pretty lack lustre. I also think Massa did well, but like most others made a few mistakes due to the conditions which cost him.

I think Mark Webber did extremely well to place fourth, although he did lose a place or two due to the fact we went to slicks early. Webber has been consistant this season in terms of getting points, and I think he is in a pretty good car in the Red Bull, hopefully the bad luck is behind him and he goes onto bigger things.

The Sutil/Raikkonen incident was unfortunate. Although I have said in the past Force India are a joke, I wanted to see Sutil go and get some points for himself and his team, to hopefully save him from such a mediocre team.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Lewis ... your not Senna ... shut the fuck up already! :mad:

Don't know who is worse ... Lewis or James Allen.

If only the race had of laster a few more laps ... Lewis got a puncture on the slow down lap ... but ofcourse we don't get to see that on channel 10...

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

To be fair, they weren't so much consciously comparing Hamilton to Senna as much as they were pointing out that his hero was Senna, or that his helmet kinda looked like Senna's, or that Hamilton wants to be like Senna. There wasn't a lot of "What a Senna-esque drive from Hamilton!" this time around. Sounds like you folks want to hate Hamilton no matter what. :p

Very fun race to watch though. I dislike Raikkonen after that smash with poor ol Sutil. Here's hoping Sutil gets his revenge. :D

F2001

HSC

el gwapo said:
Yeah, Allen really should have shut his trap with the excessive usage of Senna comparison. But if you look at it, this is only the sixth time a British driver has won since... Monaco 2001 (DC). Anyone still remember Stoddart and Webber on the podium of Melb 02? That was kinda over the top.

But the race was freaking awesome:cool: :uhhuh: and we got to see who really has the cojones in the wet. Kimi's not too fond of the rain, he's pretty good once it starts to dry up but like in Japan last year his superior machinery can't save him. This is off topic but anyone remember Kimi retiring his Mclaren a couple of years back then heading straight to his yacht? Haha

Massa was pretty good at least relative to his teammate, although I'm not too sure whether that 16 second gap at one time was due to Kubica and Lewis pitting and hence carrying more fuel. Gotta feel sorry for Sutil - although in a sadistic way he helped Lewis.
Webber came with 5th in Aus on his debut race in F1. If you watch the onboards of the race, he had no TC for the latter part of it and was fighting a little gearbox problem.

DC stalled in 2001, he won in 2002.

Kimi is good in rain, just not here at Monaco in 2008. Off the top of my head, 2005 Spa, some 2003 races, 2007 Europe he did ok (until he missed the pitlane LOL), 2007 Fuji, he overtook everyone from the back of the field with 2/3 of the race to go and finished 3rd.

Mike Gascoyne is a nutjob idiot. I use to respect the man, even after he got fired from Toyota. But his an idiot and obviously only cares about tv money/prize money.

As I said earlier (i think, on other forums for sure) I could spend an hour watching that impressive car control from kimi. Michael, Senna, Clark, Moss, none of em could do that. Most of those guys KNEW what the car was going to do before it happened (ESP MICHAEL), but in that situation all of em would've crunched the wall eventually.

Last edited:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

So impressive, in fact, that he used another driver as brakes.

And I don't think LewHam thinks of himself as the second coming of Senna, only James Allen. And on that, Allen should be wholly aware that Senna won at Monaco six times. Hamilton has only been at Monaco twice in his Formula One career. The BBC broadcasts next year can't come soon enough.

Muz4PM

HSC

If you are a James Allen fan, don't click the link. I am not sure if you guys have seen this video, but some guy is taking the piss out of Allen. I find the whole video pretty funny, but some of the funniest bits are about 5.50 and then at 6.30.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_miIscC-KA

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Well, Max won the confidence vote overnight. Germany's ADAC - the largest national motorsport body - immediately withdrew from the FIA, stating that they will not have any affiliation with the sporting body until such time as Max Mosely is no longer in the position of President.

el gwapo

HSC

What's up with the Lewis hate? Nebuchanezzar is right when he says that people here want to hate Lewis.

To be honest there's not much top drivers that are "hate-able", due to attitude or overachievement. Everyone's got at least something you can talk about and feel slightly better than you aren't him. Maybe Alonso, but right now I only feel sorry for him driving a Renault.

Schumacher had none of that. That's what made him so hate-able. He had that smirk knowing that he could beat everyone in the field so easily, due to his skill and car.
-------

Anyway Peter Windsor was talking about how Mosley was most likely going to be safe, so I wasn't too shocked. Although given that he's not going to last for more than 2 years I think it's not too bad. But he's definately tainted goods.

Muz4PM

HSC

I don't dislike Lewis, I just dislike James Allen for acting like a moron. The only one of the drivers I dislike is Alonso, mainly because I think that he is a bit of a hothead and reckless, and the fact he knocked Heidfeld out in Monaco.

F2001

HSC

typical latinos and spaniards, emotional drivers/people.

The only one I really liked off the top of my head was JPM, infact one of my favorites. Hot headed, but his moves if successful were awesome.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Its a forum requirement to dislike Lewis :uhhuh: Lets face it, he does and say some very very very dumb things at times ... like Malaysia last year, backmarkers are monkey's ... he tricked Massa ... what about the dummy spat last year after Monaco? And flying like a puppet before the Turkish Gp this year ... lying after Turkey by saying Bridgestone told him to do a 3 stopper, when they didn't ... and lets not forget about the crane incident in Germany ... or him finding the only gravel trip within a trillion miles of Shanghai ... pathetic safety car driving in Japan ... or the "mistake" in Brazil ... oh ... what about driving right up the back of Alonso :rolleyes:

That and above all ... he is a Mclaren driver!

The F1 world needs a new Hate driver ... its now Lewis ... Schumi is gone ... and Alonso has ironically gained a hell of a lot of respect this year by driving that dog of a renault, and showing Piquet Jr for the fraud he is ... only getting somewhere by his last name :)

On the topic of mad max: He said that he was going to retire at the end of this year ... I wonder if he still will? And if Todt will replace him? (Don't start with the FIArrari!)

el gwapo

HSC

I think Todt is a professional, if he were ever to replace Mosley I think as long as he doesn't go around having Nazi orgies he'll be right.

Muz4PM

HSC

The grid looks like

1. Hamilton (McLaren)
2. Kubica (BMW)
3. Raikkonen (Ferrari)
4. Alonso (Renalut)
5. Rosberg (Williams)
6. Massa (Ferrari)
7. Kovalainen (McLaren)
8. Heidfeld (BMW)
9. Barrichello (Honda)
10. Webber (Red Bull)
11. Glock (Toyota)
12. Nakajima (Williams)
13. Coulthard (Red Bull)
14. Trulli (Toyota)
15. Piquet (Renault)
16. Bourdaise (Toro Rosso)
17. Sutil (Force India)
18. Fisichella (Force India)
19. Button (Honda)
20. Vettel (Toro Rosso)

I am stoked to see Kubica on the front row, and Heidfeld qualifying in the top eight. Shocking track though in Montreal, many of the drivers were quite angry with the track breaking up, Raikkonen said there were problems around turn 10. For those of you who watched qualifying or some some clips on the news you would have seen Mark Webber crash in Q2 due to the poor track conditions, which is a shame after he just qualified for Q3. I think we might see another attritional race with many drivers coming off because of the poor track conditions.

I thought that Alonso and Rosberg did well to qualify where they did, especially Alonso's Renault which did not do alot of time in the practices. Button didn't qualify well, due to a problem with his gear box meaning he could only set the one qualifying time, good enough for only 19th.

Ten will cover the race from 2.30am.

el gwapo

HSC

They have said they'll be fixing it up, but adds more to the drama I suppose. This is the peril of racing in a road circuit in the middle of a busy city.

I guess that's also one of the reasons Lewis Hamilton was the only sub 1.18 time. I cannot believe he's 2.2 second faster than Kovalainen, he's probably lighter than Heikki but that could be a deliberate ploy anticipating some early race dramas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)