The F1 Thread (1 Viewer)

F2001

HSC
re: The Official F1 Thread

what an idiot this J Allen is.
Calls Kubica a chewing gum LOL
Says Nick needs to stop buying modern art and focus on F1, big LOL.
This guy gets worse as each season goes by, what a loser. If his trying to impress BBC for next year, consider yourself OUT of the running for that position. Absolute tard.

Also anyone else getting desynching onboard sounds?
Ch10/ITV still havn't fixed it since Qualifying at least. What a sham:vcross:

Muz4PM

HSC

:D I am one happy BMW fan this morning. It is amazing to see what time does. Nearly a year ago people thought Kubica was dead, two weeks ago Heidfeld wasn't having a fun time and now they go 1,2. As happy as I am, it feels a little hollow that Kubica and Heidfeld didn't do it with Kimi and Lewis out there, but you can only control your own race and both of them did that beautifully. BMW now lead driver's championship and are second in the constructors championship ...for now.
I had a big lol at the Hamilton/Raikkonen incident, especially now that it will be investigated by the stewards, a huge mistake by Hamilton. Hamilton and Rosberg will now move ten places down the grid at the next race for their mistakes there in the pitlane.
I am happy to see Coulthard make it to the podium again, even if his breaks were a little screwed. I also thought that Vettel drove a good race to place in eighth, esepcially trying to ward of the attempts of Kovalainen and Rosberg, it made the race interesting, as did Massa's late charge. Webber ran a dissappointing eleventh, but I think it was a bit of a nothing afternoon for him really. I didn't see him make any mistake (none that I can remember) but I cannot remember him doing anything overly awesome.
Another few retirements by Renault. Looks like a combination of shoddy track conditions and a lack of breaks cost them dearly. It was a shame because I enjoyed watching the Heidfeld/Alonso scrap for second. A dissappointing result for Piquet, will there be a shuffle in the drivers as suggested last night? Looks like Piquet Snr's endorsment of his son being a better driver than him was a bit of feel good fluff.

Last edited:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Awesome that Kubica won.

Also, the rumours that Piquet Jnr is on he outer have been tossed around for quite some time now. They did the same for Kovalainen and look what happened with him. I surely think Piquet has potential, he's just arrived at a bad time because there's no longer any traction control and the R28 chassis is shit.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Hahahahaha ... Fantastic driving Lewis ... no ... I really mean that! :rolleyes: What a bloody knob ... and a well deserved 10 place grid penalty in France, where overtaking is a bitch.

Really wanted Heidfeld or Alonso or Kova to win that race (too bad 2 of them had problems); well done to Kubica though.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

Cape said:
Hahahahaha ... Fantastic driving Lewis ... no ... I really mean that! What a bloody knob
I lol'ed. I also lol'ed when Lewis rammed Kimi's ass in the pitlane. I like Kubica so it's good to see him win. :D

Muz4PM

HSC

Exphate said:
Oi so um. WTF happened?

Webber actually finished a race.
Lol, he did. Surprisingly, this season I think he has only retired in one race, and that was here in Australia. He is actually in seventh spot on the driver's championship with 15 points, which isn't a bad effort considering he is in Renault's second class car, which is outscoring the main Renaults.

Muz4PM

HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:
I hope he goes to a better team next year. :(
I think he has recently resigned with Red Bull? Don't quote me there. I think he has expressed that he is happy at Red Bull and wants to race there some more.

I agree with you though, I would like to see Webber drive for one of the big three, to see if he can really mix at the front of the field rather than driving for say fifth or sixth.
EDIT:http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12433_3550403,00.html

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Muz4PM said:
Lol, he did. Surprisingly, this season I think he has only retired in one race, and that was here in Australia. He is actually in seventh spot on the driver's championship with 15 points, which isn't a bad effort considering he is in Renault's second class car, which is outscoring the main Renaults.
... and equal on points to a Mclaren driver ... although Heikki has had a shocking amount of bad luck this year, but then so has Webber most of his career.

atm ... I think Webber is on the market for next season, well Flavio (his manager) has put him out onto the driver market anyway, although, I can't see him moving anywhere, maybe Renault, but who knows. I think he'll stay at Red Bull and be teamed with Vettel next year.

Muz4PM

HSC

Cape said:
... and equal on points to a Mclaren driver ... although Heikki has had a shocking amount of bad luck this year, but then so has Webber most of his career.

atm ... I think Webber is on the market for next season, well Flavio (his manager) has put him out onto the driver market anyway, although, I can't see him moving anywhere, maybe Renault, but who knows. I think he'll stay at Red Bull and be teamed with Vettel next year.
Interestingly enough, did you also read that Kimi maybe considering retirment? I am not sure how serious he is, hopefully it is just Kimi beoing a little hot headed, but that would be interesting for the driver shuffles. Alonso to Ferrari? Two new drivers to Renault? The questions are interesting enough.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

wtf would he want to be retiring for? he's pretty much on top of F1! What a nutcase.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

The Finnish media are reporting that Kimi might have a new deal until the end of 2012 ... which would mean Kimi stays in F1 until his early 30's ... but he also wants to start a family, and he's said that he won't do that whilst he's in F1. But Kimi has been in F1 for 8 seasons now, loves the driving but hates everything else (don't blame him actually); although, when he was signing things at the Aus GP last year, he seemed pretty cool to compared the likes of Massa (who was an arrogant twit).

If Kimi retires than he might go and race WRC or something; and Alonso would move to Ferrari (which would piss a whole pile of Tifosi off).

Kimi has got that long overdue world championship, he could retire now and be a happy man ... but he's driving for Ferrari, which is a much better environment than Mclaren, which might just make him stay a little longer (well, I hope anyway :))

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

Cape said:
although, when he was signing things at the Aus GP last year, he seemed pretty cool to compared the likes of Massa (who was an arrogant twit).
What were the other drivers like?

F2001

HSC

Muz4PM said:
They are a team with money, big names, (newey, willis, big departments being ramped up) as well as the engine freeze on the renault unit & working in conjunction for the KERS system. Whats second class about them?

Exphate said:
Webber needs to be put behind the wheel of a good car (ie one that doesn't consistently fuck up). I think that'd be totally hot.
Welcome to last 5 races bud.
He fucked up himself in Canada, mistakes and impatient behind other cars (well he had to get passed).
Consider he was running just infront of Coulthard about midway and ended up out of the pts compared to podium.
Cape said:
Hahahahaha ... Fantastic driving Lewis ... no ... I really mean that! :rolleyes: What a bloody knob ... and a well deserved 10 place grid penalty in France, where overtaking is a bitch.

Really wanted Heidfeld or Alonso or Kova to win that race (too bad 2 of them had problems); well done to Kubica though.
There is no doubting his probably the fastest driver under brakes, if any track has difficult overtaking, I would tone the rating down for Lewis. His trail braking and risks under brakes are unmatched.

Nick's body language, tone, eye contact in the post race conference seemed so obvious...

"I didnt make it too difficult for him"

Smells like team orders. I reckon he could've won (seriously how difficult it is to hold up a car these days, u could be 2-3 sec slower and sit in a train for 25laps as I saw at Aus GP once again this year coming out of waite lmao) but they were too scared about Alonso, which Imo was not a threat (even if he didnt crash), would've beaten him on inlaps & outlaps.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Exphate said:
Webber needs to be put behind the wheel of a good car (ie one that doesn't consistently fuck up). I think that'd be totally hot.
Wont happen. Right now the only thing consistent about Webber is his inconsistency and other, much younger drivers like Kubica and Vettel are proving much faster. You want to see Webber at Ferrari? Not likely. Kubica is top of the Hot Property list; Ferrari wil go to him first. If he's not alongside Raikkonen, he'll be alongside Massa, who'll be there to keep stability in the lineup. McLaren won't give up Hamilton for anything, and they seem to see something in Kovalainen, even if he's been disappointing so far (but he has had his share of bad luck). BMW-Sauber would have openings as Kubica is considered the man everyone wants, and Heidfeld has been disappointing as well; he just hasn't adapted to the lack of traction control. If they take anybody, they'll nab Vettel back as he was originally under contract with them and they released him to Toro Rosso for race experience; British F3 outfit Ultimate Motorsports is in negotiations to buy up a 50% stake in the team,but they have no experience and BMW know how quick Vettel is ... if they can afford him or lure him back, they will. If both seats are vacated and Vettel fills one, the other could go either way. Alonso could try for it, but his tendency to demand preference (Renault are the only team who favour one driver) and only signing one-year contracts makes him risky, and that's without mentioning his hot-headed antics when he's not in control of the race. Mario Theissen would be averse to signing him after he did a kamikaze on Heidfeld at Monaco. BMW-Sauber could be Webber's best shot at a Top 3 drive, but he's one of the oldest drvers in a sport where youth seems to bring about a new level of seed (or maybe just a lack of common sense, but it my inherent belief that all racing drivers were born without this). And he could well be on the outer as Red Bull have been forced to give up Toro Rosso under the ruling of no customer cars; RBR will want speed now that they've established themselves as a team that can get results. I'm thinking BMW is an outside chance; he'd be more likely to land a Renault drive if Alonso departs, espcially given his relationship with Flavio Briatore. It might sound like a death sentence given Renault's crappy performance for the 2007 and 2008 seasons, but they know how to win and they want to break back into the Top 3 (if they do it, it may have to become a Top 4 ... with their 1-2 finsh in Canada and Kubica leading the championship, there's no way BMW are falling out of the highest echelon unless the entire team displays a level of brain fade on par with Lewis Hamilton when he approaches a red light).

F2001

HSC

Nick hasn't adapted to lack of TC? Who was testing mclaren in 1999, driving for prost in 2000, driving for sauber in 2001.

And if you ever watched his onboards, his one of the smoothest on the throttle.

The only thing I would say is he simply can't get the best out of the bridgestone tyres esp the fronts compared to Kubica.

Theissen himself said that "Nick's problem is quali, in race no problem, same pace"

danthemanly

HSC

Exphate said:
Oi so um. WTF happened?

Webber actually finished a race.
Webber is an awesome driver he is on 15 points and that is in a shite car. Imagine him in a ferrari or mclaren. Kovalainan should not be on the mclaren team what a waste for them

Muz4PM

HSC

danthemanly said:
Webber is an awesome driver he is on 15 points and that is in a shite car. Imagine him in a ferrari or mclaren. Kovalainan should not be on the mclaren team what a waste for them
Tbh, I think Kovalainan has been unlucky this season. I think he was screwed by the safety car in Melbourne, was in that crash in Spain, car stalled in Monaco on the grid. I think that provided he is able to stay on the road, he should get some better results.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)