The F1 Thread (2 Viewers)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
re: The Official F1 Thread

Cape said:
Tension between Cologne and Japan?

Dunno if he left or he was suspended. But apparently there is major re-shuffling going on at Toyota.

As a result of their lack of performance? People say money makes the world go around in F1, with Toyotas budget, they definately should have been race winners by now, and consistent and possibily threatening to take the WCC title.

Toyota have been very disapointing this year - Ralfie got on the podium by luck last weekend, not based on pure speed. If those people infront of him didn't all crash and didn't have various problems, toyota would be on 0 points.
too right, that 3rd podium spot was webbers

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC

i wanna see all the f1 drivers do a race in those a1 cars, just so we can see how good they are.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

So bitchy Argo!

Mclaren - their dream team would be "the blue fag" and Kimi, which leaves monty out in the cold. red bull or bmw (i think) possibly even williams if webber goes.
Ferrari - dream team would be Michael and Kimi. If not, they can always renew Massa's contract.
But given that this F248 is "competitive" maybe Schumi might renew his contract.

Renault possibly have 3 drivers to fill in the seats, cause fisi's contract finishes at the end of the year. Fisi, Webber and Kovalainen.
I'd actually like to see Sebasten Bourdais in a team. Renault don't want him because they said hes not fast enough.

Hope Rossi doesn't move to F1. DC had a good point at Melbourne. Anyone can be 1 - 1.5 seconds off schumi's times, but Ferrari need to find someone on par or better than Schumi.

Anyway, its all talk. We'll know during the summer whats happening.

Bitchy Cape: I don't want MS to go anywhere near the blue fags - he'll catch cooties!!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

You have silly season all worked out, haven't you. I think think theres discussion about silly season so early, because there is a 3 week break between Melbourne and Imola. Plus, one of the biggest names in F1 history could possibly retire at the end of the year.

I think Bourdais would do better than other champ car drivers, maybe except JPM (but even JPM hasn't driven to what we were promised when he first entered F1). Bourdais and Rosberg at Williams would make a great combo. Alternatively Williams could promote Wurz to full time driver.

Your right that Mclaren will show Montoya the door, his performances were very disapointing last year, could have cost Mclaren the WCC.
Kimi is hot on the market, just about all the top teams want him (renault, ferrari & mclaren).
As for Button, hes tied up with Honda - remember Buttongate V2 last year? He signed i think it was a 5 or 7 year contract with Honda, in exchange, Button & Honda are williams main sponsors. And just about anyone in F1 wants a driver for Ferrari, except for the blue fag.
Sure, the tifosi would go absolutely banana's for an Italian in a Ferrari - but of the Italians currently in the field - Fisi is the best. And I think he was a bit pissed off at Massa for getting the drive, and not him. Trulli's advantage over the rest of the field has gone, his one lap qualifying. Now hes looking very very average, even to compared Ralf.

I really don't think Michael will go to Renault. A few weeks ago he was going to Mclaren. A few weeks before that it was Red Bull. He'll either renew his contract by a year or retire.

And I'm interested to know why you think Ferrari are now mid-fielders? You complain when they win and then you complain when they don't. Ferrari can never please you.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

In the early 2000s the big three teams were: Ferrari, Mclaren and Williams. Last year, williams were pushed out and as you know Renault became the dominant (pricks).

Last year williams were no where near winning a race. Atleast Ferrari "could" have won eg: Imola or Hungary. So why place Williams or Honda ahead of Ferrari? Ferrari have the continual strength and some of the brainest people in F1 - although Sam Michael can be pretty brainy. I wonder why you placed Honda infront of Ferrari especially with Button, I can win the WDC, i'm better than MS, FA and KR, yet I haven't won a race YET!

Are you basing your order on the 3 races to date? Cause if so, I think totally different.
1 = Renault - but then at some tracks like Bahrain, Ferrari and Renault are equally matched. Given the problems in Malaysia and Australia, it is hard to determine who is ahead. I can say Michael is easily faster than Fisi and Montoya.
2 / 3 = Mclaren / Ferrari - I don't think that theres much between these two.
4 = Williams
5 = Honda
6 = Toyota
7 = Red Bull Ferrari
8= Sauber BMW
9 = Scuderia Toro Rosso
10 = Midland
11 = Super Aguri.

Now, these aren't based on who has what points (given Australia gave many teams extra points that they didn't deserve, like toyota and sauber bmw), but based upon pace during a gp.

Now I think that its close between the top three (renault, mclaren and ferrari), and I hope and think that Imola next weekend will show us this - and testing yesterday indicated it. But at the same time, williams and honda (if button gets over his fear of taking the chequared flag first) could win if the top drivers of the top teams fall out.

One thing that I have to meantion about Super Aguri and especially Takuma Sato is that I am impressed that after 3 gps he hasn't hit anyone yet :p

That concludes my essay :p
And Argo, you'll eat your words at Imola about ferrari being midfield runners! They are looking strong! Flashy new things on the car!!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

If we exclude Indy from last year, Michael could have won Imola. Remember he was on Nandos rear wing for 12 laps.
Williams were great at Monaco - Nick showed us what he was made of, and followed that up at Nurburgring. But your right, williams have lost big time since the withdrawal of BMW - they used to have the most powerful engines on the grid.

No one imagined williams to be as competitive as they currently are. Once they fix their reliability problems, we will see them fighting for a podium place.

*Cape puts on her objective hat*
Ferrari is still ahead of Williams. Ferrari are working harder than you realise. This will be shown at Imola - theres almost a whole new car coming out. New aero package, suspension, engine updates, new tyre compounds.
However, renault, mclaren and williams I know all have updates for Imola. So, even though I hope it would be a schu-in for Schumi, it will be tough to beat renault, mclaren and williams.

Can you show me one piece of data which shows Williams are ahead of Ferrari?

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC

you guys are kidding... midland in front of aguri? if i recall correctly sato made his way up to 11th in australia... of course he had some pit problems after, but 11th in an old school car...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Orange Juice said:
you guys are kidding... midland in front of aguri? if i recall correctly sato made his way up to 11th in australia... of course he had some pit problems after, but 11th in an old school car...
You have got to be kidding me! Sato only made it up to 12th - tops. And funny enough he finished 12th. However, apart from Ide behind him, everyone else were DNFs. Doesn't prove a thing. Except you have to wait until Silverstone to get the new car :p

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Oh come on, second by less than a second is sometimes better than winning, especially in last years dog of a car.

There aren't 3 teams! Theres 5 top teams - Todt, Flavio, Dennis, Mr E, Mad Max and everyone else all agree. This season is not a 2004 or a 2005 when just one team is dominant, and perhaps one other team could win a race.

I think you'll also find that last year Ferrari didn't introduce a whole new car. Yes, they had updates - but every other team also did. They gave up on the F2005 mid season, and started development on the F248.

And Michael's problem at Melbourne was because they were on the traditional harder bridgestones, of which williams and toyota were using the new spec softer bridgestones. Ferrari need to learn to take risks again, otherwise they will end up coming second all the time.

Getting heat into tyres was just about everyones problem in Melbourne, hell, even toyota has the same problem in Bahrain. So Honda and Button have to stop making excuses and start fixing the problems. Button and Barrichello both looked fast at Barcelona this week - and even in preseason testing they looked fast, but they have put nothing on the race track.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Are you watching the same season as I am?
Bahrain - 1 and 2 on the grid -> Thats pretty damn good for a middle tier car.
Ok, Massa did a mistake and the ferrari pit crew took too long on his pitstop.

Malaysia - 4 and 6. Outqualifying Alonso even though they had a heavier fuel load. Then add 10 places for each for engine changes (such a stupid rule!)
Massa and Michael then drove brilliantly through the field and finished 5 - 6th. And don't say they didn't do a good job because Kimi got on the podium in Bahrain - Kimi had an extra 30 or so seconds up his sleeve cause he was one stopping.

Australia - we just won't go there :p But Michael ended up being the third fastest behind Kimi and Nando.

Tips for Imola:
- I'm expecting Imola to be broadcasted after 11, due to the fact that Big Brother starts again :burn:
- Button to do well
- Ferrari to get pole and win
- Renault to be there or there abouts
- Mclaren, well, dunno they pretty much haven't shown the speed we thought that they had.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

OMG!!! Hi Kylie!!

Yes, Imola is a beautiful track, and so is Monza :uhhuh:

And stop saying <3 Rick everywhere! Hes a tool! And doesn't belong in the F1 thread, he is no where close to any of the F1 drivers. Even Nando rates above Rick :p
And you know how much I hate Nando.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Excuse me!

Why am I after Rick? I'm better than Rick will ever be. I'm not dangerous at all!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

You said that exact thing a few months ago.
Becoming senile your old age :p

Anyway that modification better not be a Tilke modification. If it is, Imola is going to quickly become a very unsexy circuit.
I think its going to be redeveloped for 2007.

Next Sunday though, it will be sexy. The two tifosi sons (Michael and Massa) first and second, and third will consist of the tifosi's future son - Kimi :D
And don't go shattering my dream either Argo! Just let me dream, for a while longer! Its been like since 2004 since a ferrari win. My family is going insane with my yapping about it all the time.
I need Ferrari to win Imola, before everyone goes insane.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Tilke screwed up Hockenheim. It was much better when they were going through the forest for over a minute.

Tilke screwed up Nurburgring. Now the only good section of the track is NGK chicane - which was designed by Michael Schumacher.

Tilke had the opportunity to design two great tracks at Bahrain and China, except one turned out to be the Chinese symbol for Shang. And the other, we won't go there.

Tilke could have done better in Turkey, mind you, the 4 apex turn 8 is so fun to drive.

Would you like me to continue? Cause I can start on Fuji if you like.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Straights, hairpins and squiggly bits. How lovely. Its fine for one or two tracks (Like Sepang, Love Sepang), but when it becomes every second track on the calender it does become boring. Especially when the entry to the hairpin is about the only possible section to pass on the track.

And the old Hockenheim shouldn't have been changed. Its this shitty 2 race engine rule that needs to be changed. But thats another story and you already know why I don't like it, hell, probably most people who watch F1 think it sucks as well.

Toyota bought Fuji to rival Honda and Suzuka. Toyota I think aren't in F1 to challenge for the title (even though they think that they are); but they are in F1 to sell more cars, like they launched their TF106 at the Yaris Factory, then made a big deal about it - even Ralfie bought a Yaris that day. Which is ashame, and they shouldn't be in F1 for that.

Your on Argo! Your just lucky its holidays and I'm already bored to death.
But I have to warn you, I do not have a creative bone in my body. But who is voting? Cause I'd vote for mine, and you would vote for yours ... hmm.
Do I have a timeframe to get the tracks done by?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Argonaut said:
Just do it.

I'm pretty sure the F1 crew (ie the regualrs in this thread - except OJ, anyone who likes Baumgartner has no sense of decency and should be shot) will be up for it. You're not the only one bored brainless by holidays.
Yes Sir!

I think OJ is pretty much over Baumgartner, since he has his gangsta Asian team now.

Holidays suck, theres nothing to do. No assignments, no motorsport and the ps2 after two days of continual playing is getting very boring.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

I have photos of F1 cars.

Jordans, renaults, williams, minardis, toyotas. From Albert Park and motorshows.

Strangely for me, I've got no Ferrari's

bizadfar

HSC

Argonaut said:
They're modifying the track again, possibly for 2007 (though it might already been done).

There's a niggling little chicane, the Variante Bassa down near the pits that's getting taken out. The exit to Rivazza II it going to become sharper so that it connects straight up to the main straight. Tamburello's line will change dramatically, the braking line will be deeper and the apex of Tamburello I will be closer to the exit of the corner.

As such, Rivazza will become the final corner, and it'll be flat all the way through to Tamburello.
That would make the track plain boring.

I have been practicing Imola for a few days straight, and sometimes(when i'm bored) i cut bassa and from Rivazza to Tamburello it's plain fucking boring. If that's their project, they are a bunch of nuts.

The best thing about Imola is Villeneuve, Tamburello, Piratella, Acquo Mineralli, Alta, Bassa.

The old Hockenheim is very good, so is the new one, not as much of course. But in order to save an engine you could do many things, which is why I don't see why 2 race engine rule is a valid point to say the old hockenheim is not good.

Last edited:

vizman

HSC

hockenheim is a mad track :) but yeah it really tests out the engines

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)