The greatest mistakes in ~history~ (2 Viewers)

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
hitler was a catholic

though who knows what he really believed about religion

i find it doubtful he actually followed what he would have known to be a judaic offshoot religion

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
most do, believing that well more so Christianity has been at the heart of all world conflicts since the crusades, some more major than others
Most do? You've spoken to most atheists? Do we have some sort of manifesto whereby we detail our unrealistic hopes for world peace under a godless society? Neck up, dick. You don't know what most think and given *most* atheists are highly intelligent people, (unlike ~Christians/Mooslems~), nobody is so dumb to think that all the worlds problems would disappear with the abolition of organised religion. Just a lot of them. Bad people will still exist, bad things will still happen but you might be surprised to find that people are still willing to help and do selfless acts because it's an inherent human trait, not a religious one.

maymz

HSC
N/A
Mohammed said, “I have been ordered to fight with the people till they say, none has the right to be worshipped but Allah” (Al Bukhari vol. 4:196).

“O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: they are but friends and protectors to each other. And he among you that turns to them for friendship is of them.” This friendship makes any Muslim a enemy of their own and deserving of the same fate as the unbeliever. This is because God does not guide an unjust people."Sura 5:51

Sura72:15 “The disbelievers are the firewood of hell.”

9.73 “O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be unyielding to them; and their abode is hell, and evil is the destination.”

RELIGION OF PEACE
um excuse me, its very easy to isolate certain quotes to make the religion seem violent, but if you consider other aspects beside it, then you will see that it is balanced out. For example, although Muslims are encouraged to defend themselves and their religion (which at the time were often one and the same thing because religion was divisive at the time of Islam's establishment) using violence if necessary, there is also the belief that in the eyes of God, the unjustified murder of one human, is as punishable as the murder of all humanity- every life is precious to Muslims who FOLLOW THEIR RELIGION CORRECTLY! This isnt to say that every Muslim is peacable, but neither is every atheist, chistian, buddist, jew etc. WE ARE ALL HUMANS.

And also, those specific quotes were in direct relation to situations in which people were betrayed by opposing religions- its not just saying not to make friends with Christians and Jews for fun- its so that they dont get stabbed in the back because all the religions hated each other back then and were competing for dominance and power.

Im not making an attack on anyone, so please dont attack me- im just saying, be more open minded

Last edited:

maymz

HSC
N/A
Most do? You've spoken to most atheists? Do we have some sort of manifesto whereby we detail our unrealistic hopes for world peace under a godless society? Neck up, dick. You don't know what most think and given *most* atheists are highly intelligent people, (unlike ~Christians/Mooslems~), nobody is so dumb to think that all the worlds problems would disappear with the abolition of organised religion. Just a lot of them. Bad people will still exist, bad things will still happen but you might be surprised to find that people are still willing to help and do selfless acts because it's an inherent human trait, not a religious one.
that is so discriminatory- basing one's intelligence on their religion. Many discoveries throughout history were made by religious people, as they were also made by atheists. Atheists get upset because they think that religion gets a special status, but what your doing is the other extreme- using religion to judge people negetively without a solid basis to do so.

Last edited:

maymz

HSC
N/A
Come on brofox, don't try and tell me that women had any say or choice of husband back in those days. Come on. Really.
Yes but thats my whole point- Islam didnt treat its followers with any particular cruelty- it was just cultural and traditional practices of the time that were combined with religion that made it that way. And ill repeat a point i made to someone else- a marriage isnt considered Islamic if it is against the will of any of the parties. Yes, history has shown that it has not always panned out that way and women are married against their will even now, but the right intention was there and its up to us to make good out of it.

My point with all my posts, is to say that whats wrong with the world comes from mistakes that humans have made whatever religion they are, or even those who dont follow one. We're not perfect

Last edited:

Cianyx

Planarian Leader
HSC
the going to war part of islam is probably the only alpha part of it anyway

maymz

HSC
N/A
what about the treating women like cattle part
wow, isnt it funny? im a woman, im a muslim- and guess what?? i love my religion and would never change it. SHOCK HORROR. i must really love cattle then hey??

I love how all complaints against how islam treats women, is from people who ARENT muslim, or dont know how Islam really regards women.

Again- let me emphasise that i am in no way claiming that all muslim women are treating with the pinnacle of fairness, but this doesnt reflect on Islam because it doesnt preach this sort of behaviour, its just how people have misinterpreted it, and/or twisted it to fit their own motives.

Last edited:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
No there are so many answers but it'd be like bashing my head against a brick wall not having a proper discussion with someone

maymz

HSC
N/A
No there are so many answers but it'd be like bashing my head against a brick wall not having a proper discussion with someone
funny how when im talking to you, i also feel as if i am a) bashing my head against a wall b) poking my eyes out repeatedly

maymz

HSC
N/A
the problem with you, is that you just can't accept that in this world, people wont all agree with you. Why can't you just accept that i like Islam and you don't. and accept the fact that it doesnt make me inferior to you or stupid- just different???

maymz

HSC
N/A
everytime i give an example of something i like about it, you say im cherry picking. But what happens if i like all of it?? Can't i just view the same things as you in a different way? IT IS POSSIBLE YOU KNOW!

maymz

HSC
N/A
Final Fun Fact: the most converts to Islam around the world are women. Converts being the key word here, because it means that they werent forced into it by family, or their community/ cultural reasons. Statistics show that most of them are also from the West, which means non-muslim countries and no Islamic laws influencing them! Now why would so many women convert if they're just going to be 'treated like cattle' as one of my fellow forumers said??

it wouldnt make sense, unless they had researched islam, found that it DOES respect women even if it isnt practised this way by certain muslims around the world, and then decided to embrace its principles.

i'm not trying to change anyones mind here- i know u all have very strong opinions on the matter- this post is more for people who are neutral to religion and just want to hear different peoples perspectives.

OKay, I'm done now- no more posts don't worry!!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)