The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (2 Viewers)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
*hopeful* said:
i like the comfort of being indoors so runnin/walkin :S

hmmm watz average membership costs ?
lol yeah pb's right... its like that :p ... its a biggish machine, you feel like your stepping on some big machine to fight aliens ... well in regards to feet n e way.. okay that description is just confusing you... go with pb's description :)

my membership is cheap cheap cheap... 13.20 a week... but its a one year contract... however if you goto fernwood or fitness first places its usually like 15-18ish bucks a week.

You can buy monthly passes... 70 bucks a month ... but as if you would! I'm buying a one of those during july though ... for the local lesisure centre coz i wanna use the pool and the sauna and well err the spa haha :)

mserica

HSC
Well i thought i better update you all on my current "get healthy mind"

I have started detox... so for the next ten days, no chocolate, no milo, no sweets ... basically all natural foods and no milk or cheese :(

Give or take a week and i should be all cleansed and ready for the exams....

Todays Food

two apples, an orange, all nautral museli with nut milk, carrot and orange shake with some celery

thats it for the moment, going to see what the book says i can eat for dinner!!!

HSC
N/A
Breakfast - half a chicken shnitzel and swiss cheese foccacia

Lunch - the other half of the foccacia

Afternoon tea - chocolate milk

Dinner (now, 10:00pm) - Chicken stew

Study - Have to learn BBA250 presentation notes, should also do an article search for ARTS210 (due thurs)

Exercise - taught for 3 hours then joined in the salsa class, so all up 4 hours and 20 mins of dancing today :)

*hopeful*

HSC
thanx 4 the info annie, im thinkin i'd prefer 2 sign up or maybe half a yr....do most gyms do that ? startin from july i guess, i need big time motivation 2 move my booty so $$$ just might do it

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
oooh goodluck with the detox erica! :)

and hopeful.. my gym allows one week ones 16.50 a week... instead of the 13.20 a week but the good thing about that, is that your not locked into a contract and you can quit whenever you want which is why it has a higher weekly rate :)

They take it out direct debit or you can pay upfront.. all gyms have different payment schemes but im pretty sure all of them have differnet payment plans to suit everyone

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
I have given up for now *sniff*
Determined to use the 5 week period between semesters to get healthier :D - at least i won't have study as an excuse for not going out for walks or excerising haha

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
aww icf thats not the spirit! :p... just keep try to do lil stuff each day.

I'm not excercising nearly as much as i want to and today isn't the best.

Breakfast: 2 weetbix and skim milk
Lunch: Footlong!! chicken melt from subway
Dinner: tub of nestle diet yoghurt

Im getting peckish sort of so i might go have 2 weetbix with milk again lol... soo bad having carbs at night.. naughty naughty me lol

HSC
N/A
Not suprised you're hungry Anne, you only had one proper meal all day :S (yoghurt and cereal are counted as "light meals" in my book :p) Go eat something with meat in it! :D

Breakfast: Rice crackers and smoked salmon dip, plus some chocolate frogs

Lunch: Lean Cuisine Tasmanian Salmon and Pasta meal

Dinner: A few spoonfuls of leftover pasta, a few spoonfuls of leftover chicken stew, a few rice crackers with smoked salmon dip, and a white hot chocolate. I kept/keep thinking "I'm not hungry... just a little something small to tide me over" but I'm still peckish :(

Study: Sent off some BBA250 notes. Am... OMFG. I've just found out my ARTS essay is not due on the 24th... it's due on the 14th of June!!! That's... NEXT WEEK! Right after my ENGL218 is due! And my course log is due on thursday! And I'm presenting my BBA250 thing then too!

Ok. *stays calm* Panic not productive.

Here's my plan: I'm going to put aside a few hours tomorrow to take care of BBA250 - it's just memorising a few things, I can wing it...

I'll start a decent outline of my course log TONIGHT and will finish it TONIGHT

I will also look at the essay question and do a bit of brainstorming. Oh thank god I'm not teaching next monday... more free time...

Exercise: Taught for a little over 2 hours today.

*looks at list* ARTS210 course log, here I come!

EDIT: Exam stress has finally arrived chickadees.... an entire row of rice crackers has just disappeared in front of my eyes :S

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
lol well at least its rice crackers honey! and not chocolate!

Oooh yeah i almost forgot.. yesterday i had a whole bar of twix! lol my diet for yesterday was

2 sandwiches on multigrain bread, each had cheese, lettuce and devon on them.. and then i had tofu for dinner and i also had 2 large skim cappacinos and a twix thing!

Yes exam time/stress pressure is finally here! I say bring it on! Lets keep strong girls!

HSC
N/A
I think I need more rice crackers :S

I am SO glad it was only rice crackers next to me. Aside from like, "green stuff", it's probably the healthiest thing in this house. Yes, that does mean there is a lot of narchy stuff like chocolate and cakes and chips etc which I am normally able to avoid without too much trouble...

But now? I will have to go buy more healthy snacks, and will strategically place them around the house so that when I am in need... I will still be safe!! lol (how whacked up does that sound?!?!?!)

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
lol i can eat like 5 twix's at a time and want more
for me, its all or nothing... but i'd prefer nothing lol, cuz if i have one, i can't only have one

well today was good, til i got tired ... and when im tired, i forget everything, and walking to the kitchen and opening the pantry is a habit :( lol .. and i had like a 'health food binge' lol ===> muesli, ryvitas, pb and cashews... all healthy but very high in calories... but i avoided chocolate and icecream =D

HSC
N/A
Same, but I just try not to... lol

The problem with me is that I'm mostly fine, but on the occasions where I "loose it", I can loose it bad... I've eaten like, 5 of those snack chip packet things in a row once :S And 7 krispy kremes...!!!! (and felt SO sick the day after! I'm never doing that again!)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
aww thats awsome glitter! your contingency plan sounds good.. i think i shall do the same :)

My contingency plan is to buy shitloads of apples.. they curb hunger for me (in between meals) and i know your spose to limit the amount of fruit you have in the day during losing weight phase but im soo not into losing weight at the moment... my goal right now is just to maintain the loss that i've managed to lose during this healthy forum thing started. 2.5kgs since this thread started! Thank you guys so much!

hopefully it'll stay off this month! :)

At the end of exam period we should all write summaries.. i.e how much we've lost, or in other cases, how much we've gained ,whether we've incorporated more veggies into our diet, stopped bingiing etc :), what we will continue to do and how we plan on passing on our enthusiasm/success to other people etc :D:D

What we've learnt etc etc :D:D

HSC
N/A
mm, good idea Anne!

I have a feeling that days will go by in a blur for me so I'm just going to write whenever I remember :S

Breakfast: Hot dog

Snacks: Oreo bar, mug of hot white chocolate.

Study: Done 4/10 of course log due tomorrow! I want this done by 8pm tonight!!!
Exercise: Um, no? lol... if I finish early I'll start choreographing for my classes so I don't have to do it later in the week.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
REPLY NUMBER 600!!! YEAH!!! BITE ME! (...I'm healthy...)

(Disclaimer: This post, although appearing in the form as post #601, is actually reply #600 as the first post is not to be considered a 'reply', and hence the specific wording of the above statement)

Last edited:

*hopeful*

HSC
omg krispy kremes yum havent had them in ages

so im full of sickness, went 2 the doctor on monday n she told me 2 cut sugar completely out of my diet....obviously i cant do that but i havent had any chocolate 'meals' since then, or icecream or condensed milk or sugar in my coffee but i did have 1 tim tam last nite, now 1 is alryt cuz i can easily go thru 4

newayz exam stress is gettin 2 me n i feel like crying cuz i cant pig out
im on these anti-biotics that make my stomach feel 100kg n i cbf'd studying

breakfast- the milo cereal and skim milk
lunch- at 4.30 2 spinach n cheese rolls n mashed potatoes

cuz of late lunch i ate 2 rather than 1 n i feel so fat ryt now

thnxbye

edit: think i may b pms'n as well, just wat i need ryt now ay

HSC
N/A
whoa, zero sugar? Ouch... sounds bad/diabetic-ish... :S *hug* hope you start feeling better soon!

I think I had some homemade garlic bread for lunch. And... I think that's about it... :S Around examtime my eating becomes really erratic and I often forget what I ate, let alone if I've eaten at all (so I concequently eat again).

My biggest problem over the last 24 hours is that nothing looks appetizing. Like, right now I'm hungry, but I don't want to eat pretty much everything I can think of (which is so stupid). I'm sure I'll eat more when I finally get hungry, though.

Gah! *clings onto thread for dear life*

Oh and don't worry hopeful, I think I'm pmsing right now as well too... (although it should be going tomorrow...)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
:( feel better hopeful

and krispy kreme are opening at mac centre!! just what we need (sarcasm), it will be in a perfect postion to grab one for the walk to uni as well (it's right next to the cinemas, on the left as you walk out of mac centre, where the icecream shop Lellos (?) used to be

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)