The Official Cricket Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

funnybunny

funniest bunny in th land
HSC
Bookie, YOU hav NO idea whatsoever,

u've prob gone on the fact that pakistan and india havent done all that well when they came to aus 2 years ago,,....BUT THINGS CHANGE
Pakistan now has an awesome batting lineup and India's bowling isnt too shabby.

if they come 2 aus, they will win, no problem! aus lost many games the last time india was here..and that was when india wasnt in that great-a-form..
Next time u just spit out a stupid comment, being the ignorant jerk u r, at least check up on the latest cricket stats!

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
brogan77 said:
Quoted for UNDENIABLE truth...whenever he laughs I just descend into an uncontollable bout of fits and giggles, <3 Mr O'Keefe.
lol i know. he just weezes. its hilarity in its purest form. besides, he talks about completely unrelated crap which adds to the amusing-ness.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
funnybunny said:
Bookie, YOU hav NO idea whatsoever,

u've prob gone on the fact that pakistan and india havent done all that well when they came to aus 2 years ago,,....BUT THINGS CHANGE
Pakistan now has an awesome batting lineup and India's bowling isnt too shabby.

if they come 2 aus, they will win, no problem! aus lost many games the last time india was here..and that was when india wasnt in that great-a-form..
Next time u just spit out a stupid comment, being the ignorant jerk u r, at least check up on the latest cricket stats!
Mate I have more cricket knowledge than you, so dont go around bagging me out.

Last time India came, Asutralia won. The last time India came before that, Australia thumpedly won. I'm an Indian myself, I have patriotism to a small extent, but I know whos better.

Pakistan is onlywinning on their home track and its such a piece of shit, you cant blame other teams for losing.

Lastest cricket stats

Ranks;
Australia 1
India 2.

funnybunny

HSC
Mate once again making presumptions...you are much more knowelgeable than me in cricket? LOL another paradox to add to my list. Due to your own limited knowledge of cricket and ignorance of the latest figures, i think you are just a deranged cricket fan in need of some treatment. Once again, you talk of the past and great teams have fallen in just years. Once again you are just a lunatic who pretends to be knowledgeable of cricket, but in true terms you are just a wannabe Richie Benaud. Also don't be subjective of Pakistan, just because your country is in dispute with them. They have a "piece of shit" cricket pitch, and yea, it's so shit that's why the ICC allows them to use it. It's so shit that over 650 runs have been scored, and Sehwag has almost reached a century. *sigh* Your sensless logic to justfiy your claims are irrational and if not just stupid. Please do not reply to this post. It seems that you will only once again show your own stupidity and ignorance to the whole world in your rampant and deranged words.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
funnybunny said:
Mate once again making presumptions...you are much more knowelgeable than me in cricket? LOL another paradox to add to my list. Due to your own limited knowledge of cricket and ignorance of the latest figures
What the fuck? You said, "go and check the latest stats" in your previous post, and by that, I think you would mean me to check the place of Australia and India on the world scale. Currently, according to the ICC World Test Championship Rankings, Australia is number 1, and India is number 2, as stated by my previous post, without the need of checking. I do not know what other 'stats' you want me to check up, but I'll gladly do so. If you are talking about current form, yes I know Pakistan beat England, yes I know india and South Africa drew 2-2 in an ODI series after South Africas 20 wins on the trot, yes I know Australia beat both the Windies and South Africa in test series. I also know that Australia beat Sri Lanka on Sunday and then they got beaten by South Africa last night. Any other latest stats you require?

Once again, you talk of the past and great teams have fallen in just years. Once again you are just a lunatic who pretends to be knowledgeable of cricket, but in true terms you are just a wannabe Richie Benaud.
2/222, once again what? You judge me after two posts which have valid and opinionally truthful points in them. Jack off.

Also don't be subjective of Pakistan, just because your country is in dispute with them.
Now you start talking totally unrelated shit. I dont care whats happening over there and I'm happy to be living in Australia, and worrying about matters occuring over here. I'm not actually happy about worrying about the matters, but I'm better off here.

They have a "piece of shit" cricket pitch, and yea, it's so shit that's why the ICC allows them to use it. It's so shit that over 650 runs have been scored, and Sehwag has almost reached a century. *sigh* Your sensless logic to justfiy your claims are irrational and if not just stupid.
Have you actually played cricket? Astroturf doesnt count, but when youre a bowler and you're getting smashed for 650, then your team gets a high score with no wickets in turn, its a total batters track, hence, shit pitch. Its referred to as a shit pitch because it will be a noresult due to the absolute favourism towards batsmen. Learn about cricket. Then talk.

funnybunny, you are not funny at all.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
funnybunny said:
Mate once again making presumptions...you are much more knowelgeable than me in cricket? LOL another paradox to add to my list. Due to your own limited knowledge of cricket and ignorance of the latest figures, i think you are just a deranged cricket fan in need of some treatment. Once again, you talk of the past and great teams have fallen in just years. Once again you are just a lunatic who pretends to be knowledgeable of cricket, but in true terms you are just a wannabe Richie Benaud. Also don't be subjective of Pakistan, just because your country is in dispute with them. They have a "piece of shit" cricket pitch, and yea, it's so shit that's why the ICC allows them to use it. It's so shit that over 650 runs have been scored, and Sehwag has almost reached a century. *sigh* Your sensless logic to justfiy your claims are irrational and if not just stupid. Please do not reply to this post. It seems that you will only once again show your own stupidity and ignorance to the whole world in your rampant and deranged words.
Ok mate, you should try to leave emotion out of intarnet debates. And your reference to i think it was Pakistan coming to australia and 'winning no problem' is a little hit and miss dont you think? Yes its ok to be biased, but dont abuse others for lack of knowledge and bias in the same way.

Bookie, i didnt know you were indian!?

funnybunny

HSC
sorry, but you shouldn't take things so personally. I was merely exaggerating at time. I will resort to rebutting using objective comments.
"What the f**k?" Please if you atre going to rebutt to one of my posts do not use expletives, rather use logic and evidence.

"I dont care whats happening over there", remind me again, who is the one who said "i have patriotism there", again a contradictory statement

"Have you actually played cricket? Astroturf" Well aren't you being a hypocrite,
"ts a total batters track, hence, shit pitch. ","Learn about cricket. Then talk"

ever got the idea that they MIGHT both have great batting sides, and if it is a shit pitch why does the ICC do nothing about it. Personally, i think the ICC is more knoweldgeable about what is a good or bad pitch.

"funnybunny, you are not funny at all." At no point was i trying to be funny, but your mere suggestion that i was not funny, suggests that in fact you think i am funny to an extent. I applaude youe. :)

As to the stastics you provided, maybe you should relax and enjoy cricket.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
smokey said:
Bookie, i didnt know you were indian!?
well you do now. :) please come again

unfunnybunny said:
"What the f**k?" Please if you atre going to rebutt to one of my posts do not use expletives, rather use logic and evidence.
Please when trying to make a successful rebuttal, quote ALL of my argument then discuss, not the one liner at the start.

"Have you actually played cricket? Astroturf" Well aren't you being a hypocrite,
"ts a total batters track, hence, shit pitch. ","Learn about cricket. Then talk"
No, I'm not being a hypocrite. I played on a batters track at Kings a month ago where they hit us for 170 off 25 overs, and we got to 120 off 19 overs before rain stopped play. As an opening bowler, I was pissed to have picked up 2/40 off 5 overs against a shit side. It was clearly a batting pitch, also supported by the fact that our top two batsmen were not playing that week and we actually got to 120 off 19 overs. This can be applied to the current match being played in Pakistan.

ever got the idea that they MIGHT both have great batting sides, and if it is a shit pitch why does the ICC do nothing about it. Personally, i think the ICC is more knoweldgeable about what is a good or bad pitch.
Alternatively, shit bowling sides. The ICC cannot do anything since play has started dipshit. What do you expect them to do? Fly in another pitch, cut the old one out and insert the new one? Its not the Telstra Dome here.

Think back to the Australia v India series where Australia 'finally conquered' the subcontinent. Remember that pitch which had 22 wickets in a day? Every single piece of media labelled it as a shit pitch. Learn the discrepancies of the game.

"funnybunny, you are not funny at all." At no point was i trying to be funny, but your mere suggestion that i was not funny, suggests that in fact you think i am funny to an extent. I applaude youe.
then why have such a suggestive nickname?

As to the stastics you provided, maybe you should relax and enjoy cricket.
Maybe you should come back with a good argument, otherwise I cant be bothered arguing.

funnybunny = lu53r of teh intarwebs!11!

King2

HSC
Bookie said:
Mate I have more cricket knowledge than you, so dont go around bagging me out.
Last time India came, Asutralia won. The last time India came before that, Australia thumpedly won. I'm an Indian myself, I have patriotism to a small extent, but I know whos better.
Pakistan is onlywinning on their home track and its such a piece of shit, you cant blame other teams for losing.
Lastest cricket stats
Ranks;
Australia 1
India 2.
The last time India toured Australia, India drew with Australia and India got thetrphy since they won the series before. Australia has the trophy at the moment since they whitewashed India IN INDIA.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
It is my personal opinion that the pitches of the subcontinent aren't a true reflection of a players ability.
This is evidenced through the many scores of 300+ in one day games and the unusually high strike-rates of some of the pakistani and Indian players. These players, for example MS Dhoni, Shahid Afridi and to an extent Yuvraj Singh (with all respect to them) have enormous strike rates due to playing the bulk of their innings on dusty pitches that are clearly a fast bowlers nightmare due to lack of pace or bounce, and boundaries as close as my backyard fence. These batsmen time and again fail once they play outside the subcontinent and play on truer pitches, which are comparably anywhere else in the world. These players tour Australia, have their stats broadcasted to us amid cries of "OMGZOR WTTF" as they play and miss and struggle. That is why India, Sri Lanka and Pakistan have a dismal record abroad.

Last edited:

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Yeah, even New Zealand posted 600 odd the last time they toured India with 4 or 5 players posting centuries, even Mark Richardson the nuffy got a century!

Bookie

Banned
HSC
king2 said:
The last time India toured Australia, India drew with Australia and India got thetrphy since they won the series before. Australia has the trophy at the moment since they whitewashed India IN INDIA.
i was talking ODIs, even though i realise i used the test rank at the bottom.

smokey said:
It is my personal opinion that the pitches of the subcontinent aren't a true reflection of a players ability.
This is evidenced through the many scores of 300+ in one day games and the unusually high strike-rates of some of the pakistani and Indian players. These players, for example MS Dhoni, Shahid Afridi and to an extent Yuvraj Singh (with all respect to them) have enormous strike rates due to playing the bulk of their innings on dusty pitches that are clearly a fast bowlers nightmare due to lack of pace or bounce, and boundaries as close as my backyard fence. These batsmen time and again fail once they play outside the subcontinent and play on truer pitches, which are comparably anywhere else in the world. These players tour Australia, have their stats broadcasted to us amid cries of "OMGZOR WTTF" as they play and miss and struggle. That is why India, Sri Lanka and Pakistan have a dismal record abroad.
I concur with every sentence.

funnybunny

HSC
hey

Man Bookie, get a life,
"Please when trying to make a successful rebuttal, quote ALL of my argument then discuss, not the one liner at the star" My MAIN point is not to use any expletives in attempting to prove things. It seems that you are the only person stupid enough or maybe not knowlegeaable or witty enough to resort to such cliched expleitvess

You really haven't rebutted te fatct that Pak and India both have good batsmen and thats wy they scored so many runs, again your logic disappoints me,

"Alternatively, shit bowling sides. The ICC cannot do anything since play has started dipshit." Again please do not resort to using "dumb" expletives, they are not really effective and rather shows your intellectual incapacity. Also, ever realised the ICC may actually be observing the pitches before the play not just during the play and the lahole cricket pitch has been there for a quite long time. Maybe you do not know but whole cricket pitches cannot be mad in a day. Normally ICC or someone, analyesses the pitches before a game start. :)

"? Fly in another pitch, cut the old one out and insert the new one? Its not the Telstra Dome here." Man, guess what the telstra dome cannot do that! When using references make sure you get them correct.

"Think back to the Australia v India series where Australia 'finally conquered' the subcontinent. Remember that pitch which had 22 wickets in a day? Every single piece of media labelled it as a shit pitch. Learn the discrepancies of the game." Yeah great idea...let's all pick an isolated game going back ages ago. Asain pitches are usually batting pitcvhes. :)

"en why have such a suggestive nickname" Hmm, even i cannot be funny in all my posts, and also usernames do not always have to have logic behind it or your username will be dumbass of the world(sorry others being subjective) I'm pretty sure your're not a bookies, or you'll be borke by now and you will not be using your computer :).
U SERIOUSLY DONT BELIEVE WITHOUTAFACE DOESNT HAVE A FACE? if u do then u hav serious problems

"Maybe you should come back with a good argument, otherwise I cant be bothered arguing." this is advice you seriously could use. :):)

"funnbunny=lo53er" Please, that is just sheer stupidity. I am soooo offended, your're logic is mindboggling! You can only resort to making stupid comments.

Last edited:

funnybunny

HSC
hey

LOL...i don't really need anyone on my side...i think even a dog can argue with you and beat you(a metaphor in cas eu try to respond by using this)...anyway "you won" that's nice, merely stating it doesn't mean you won but i hope u got something out of it.

Fast_heinz

HSC
7/679 declared
0/321 at over 5 an over.

That's a shit pitch, funnybunny.
Yes, Pakistan has improved markedly since their last tour here (with a great middle order) but they would still get whooped by Australia and most other decent sides. Just wait for their return series in England.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Fast_heinz said:
7/679 declared
0/321 at over 5 an over.

That's a shit pitch, funnybunny.
Yes, Pakistan has improved markedly since their last tour here (with a great middle order) but they would still get whooped by Australia and most other decent sides. Just wait for their return series in England.
wish i was watching the match at a family friends house :(

i want sehwag to get 400+ (infact i hope dravid and sehwag keep batting till the end of the day). nothing else can come out of this match.

edit: highest opening partnership is 413 by mankad and roy. hope they knock that off too. 355/0

Last edited:

Fast_heinz

HSC
redruM said:
wish i was watching the match at a family friends house :(

i want sehwag to get 400+ (infact i hope dravid and sehwag keep batting till the end of the day). nothing else can come out of this match.
If they keep batting the remaining 140 overs in the match (they wont, crap light in Pakistan cos its so polluted) at 5 an over (no reason to believe not - sehwag, with vvs, sachin and yuvraj to come) they should end up with around with around 1100 runs...

...nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)