The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy_B

HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Sorry, Fox shows me all I need. If youre really desperate, just get text commentary.

3-1 to Arse

3-2, bullard. fucken awesome game

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
3-2 at HT ... Damn what a game to miss ...
Seams to me Arse is going to struggle with no left back for next few weeks if wigan can get 2 before half time and probably should have had more ...

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Still 3-2 to the Arse with a couple of minutes to go, I guess Arsenal will hold out for a win. Damn it's easy to forget how good Henry is in the short period he was out.

Jimmy_B

HSC
he's bald, he's shit, he plays when no-one's fit

cygan!!! cygan!!!!!

:D :D

fuck, seeing him at left back for the next 5 weeks gives me hope arsenal are fucked for this season. uefa cup spot maybe ;)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Man.. poor Crouch, Zenden wins a penalty and Stevie actually lets him take it.. and he misses! Worse yet Zenden scores from the rebound. Can you imagine how low his confidence must be right now?

3-0 To the Reds. Not a bad result, but Garcia and Alonso injured.. I'm not sure if I would've preferred droppint 2 points.

Meanwhile Leeds score 4 times in 15 minutes to overturn a 3-0 deficit and defeat Saints 4-3 ROFL

Last edited:

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Benny_ said:
Man.. poor Crouch, Zenden wins a penalty and Stevie actually lets him take it.. and he misses! Worse yet Zenden scores from the rebound. Can you imagine how low his confidence must be right now?

3-0 To the Reds. Not a bad result, but Garcia and Alonso injured.. I'm not sure if I would've preferred droppint 2 points.
Dont worry mate, Xabi and Luis' injuries arent that srs so they should be back in time for the Betis game :)

As for Crouch, i guess using Stevie's arse for target practice during training didnt pay off ;)

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Benny_ said:
Meanwhile Leeds score 4 times in 15 minutes to overturn a 3-0 deficit and defeat Saints 4-3 ROFL
Harry would be delighted.

This has been the BEST football week in my life!!! How many 3-0 results were there this weekend?

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Ruud scored fo United from outside the penalty box...! Itz all happenin now. :D
....are you serious? That's the first time he's done that.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Yup, itz the first time he scored fo United from outside the 18 yard box in 138 gamez or somethin.

And Barca, they're just gettin better and better. Shame I couldn't watch the game cauz I waz too tired.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Benny_ said:
What do the years in that United banner in your sig refer to LMF?
I don't think it referz to anythin in particular, prob the yrz the fanz put the namez on that banner...?

There are so many special momentz by Keane, but none would be better than the '99 Championz League Semi 2nd leg in Turin.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
Keano will definitely be missed, unquestionably. I think the saddest aspect of his departure is the fact that he didn't receive the farewell he so rightly deserved; he played his last ever match for MU without even knowing it was so. And now that he is no longer under the MU banner, chances are he'll come out with more scathing attacks on the Old Trafford dynasty.

Obviously the search is going to intensify now as far as bringing in a CM goes. Ballack, Gravesen, and, Aldo Duscher (Depo.) are notable links as yet. Also in the picture is Javier Mascherano of River Plate (absolute star in my FM '05 team). I'd be cautious though with regards to recruiting a South American MF. We've had shockers in the recent past, Veron and Kleberson immediately springing to mind.

Watched Barca. humiliate RM this morning. Sergio Ramos was taken to the cleaners by Ronny throughout the match; Becks was Madrid's best player again, and even his rating would have been 5/10; the win means Riijkard becomes the first Barca. manager to defeat RM twice at the Bernabeu; Messi is an absolute gun, I actually considered switching channels when he was subbed off in the 68th min; Zidane's gonesky; and, I still think Robinho is overrated.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Maybe the Real defence is just cursed. Sergio Ramos was an ace at Sevilla, and upon stepping foot in the Bernabeu, he's turned to shite. The same thing happened to Walter Samuel. This suggestion may seem blasphemous, but is it possible that Casillas has something to do with it? His all round game is unbelievable, and will probably be unrivaled in Europe by the time he's in his late 20s, but his command of the area really isn't the best. He's doesn't martial the defense in the same way a Cech or a Buffon does, and I think the Real defenders suffer for it.

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
There is no way we'll ever be able to replace Keane. Not even Ballack can do what he's done in that position..although hopefully we still get him:D

As for Barca absolutely owning Real this morning, and considering i hate real, i was absolutely loving it and i love messi and ronnie even more now for the way they ran riot. Ronie's two goals...beautiful :D

And I haven't seen Ruud's two goals yet, but did he actually score from outside the box?...it is all happening now:D

Oh and by the way..there's only one keano!!

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Eto'o, Messi and Ronnie ran riot over Real Madrid, no one could stop em if they play like that week in week out, no one. They completely dominated in the Bernabeu, Messi did everythin except scorin, and no word can do justice fo the brilliance of Ronaldinho. Zidane did nothin, Ronaldo did nothin except missin the ball from 6 yardz, wit only Robinho providin the spark needed up front. Everyone would want to avoid Barca in the Champz League. I hope Chelsea finishez second in their group and get drawn against Barca and get smashed thiz time.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Benny_ said:
Maybe the Real defence is just cursed. Sergio Ramos was an ace at Sevilla, and upon stepping foot in the Bernabeu, he's turned to shite. The same thing happened to Walter Samuel. This suggestion may seem blasphemous, but is it possible that Casillas has something to do with it? His all round game is unbelievable, and will probably be unrivaled in Europe by the time he's in his late 20s, but his command of the area really isn't the best. He's doesn't martial the defense in the same way a Cech or a Buffon does, and I think the Real defenders suffer for it.

I agree with you here. I think Casillas will mature into a great keeper, one that may rival names such as Schmeichel and Yashin, but he lacks a certain authority at the back. It one thing to be a great shot stopper, but authority at the back is perhaps the biggest attribute a goalkeeper can have. Hehe, I know I dont play in a world class club or am world class myself, but I could be a much better keeper if I could command a defence. I might actually be able to make a leap into first grade if I could be able to do this. Anyway, Casillas is no slouch in talking with his defence, and they should still stick with him, but a great sweeper with loads of experience would really do Iker wonders. Thats where we find the real problem with Madrid- the boardroom. They continue to buy strikers when they have a surplus and neglect their backline which needs serious bolstering. I dont know how to explain Walter Samuel or the other failures, but sometimes players just dont gel under different clubs and managers. Luxemburgo is on borrowed time.

btw guess who was in the stands in the Old Firm derby on the weekend?!?!?!?

Last edited:

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
On Keano, why are we bothering to flag replacements -- we're just giving Chelsea tranfer tips.

We aren't getting Ballack, he's priced himself out of it and hes going to head to Madrid. Graveson would be good, so would Duscher. And Macherano was a gun on my CM5 too, although hes old and retired cos i've played that many damn seasons.

Sack the whole team before you sack Keano. HGe's Roy Keane, he can do what he wants, i don't care if he kills a guy.

Who the hell is gonna captain the side now? Gary Neville? -- thats heap intimidating (don't get me wrong i like him and hes a great defender-but hes no firebrand. And who controls a match from right back?)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Hitzfeld makes United claim

He would be a decent replacement for Fergie imo, plus he might be able to help bring Ballack to the Old Toilet. Better option that Carlos Queiroz anyway. Also by the looks of recent developments, it looks as if Keane won't be managing anytime soon.

Meanwhile Tottenham get held at home by the Hammers, good result for the Reds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)