The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (3 Viewers)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
yay more corruption.

in other news, Jermaine Pennants goes to Liverpool.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Fernando Torres has announced that he wants to stay at Atletico Madrid for another season. Damn. I think that he could have had a great partnership with Rooney and Saha upfront...

I really don't think that Fergie will buy another striker now...even if Ruud leaves. He will use Rooney and Saha together upfront like he did for most of the latter part of last season. Smith, Rossi and Solskjaer are useful replacements...but the ability of these strikers to match it with Chelsea's Shevchenko, Drogba, Crespo, etc is highly questionable.

Fergie MUST however buy AT LEAST one quality midfield player very soon. O'Shea, and Fletcher are useful options in central midfield but we need someone with more quality to form a partnership with Scholes if we are to match the effectiveness of Chelsea's Essien, Makelele, Ballack, Lampard, etc and Liverpool's Alonso and Gerrard.

^___^
HSC
Carrick apparently rejected aa contract extension from the Spurs! :D

that would mean he has 2years left on his contract and Spurs might sell him instead of letting him go at a cut price :D:D:D

matt#1

HSC
N/A
... said:
Carrick apparently rejected aa contract extension from the Spurs! :D

that would mean he has 2years left on his contract and Spurs might sell him instead of letting him go at a cut price :D:D:D
Good news, very good news :). Carrick can definitely offer Man United quality in central midfield.

I was really hoping that Fergie would sign Torres (as replacement for Ruud) and TWO of the following midfielders: Diarra, Carrick, Riquelme, Gattusso and Pirlo.
Although this clearly has not happened...the signing of Carrick would be a great start.

However, even if we do get Carrick... I still think that we need another quality player if we are going to match it with Chelsea and avoid yet another unsuccessful season. I am certainly not content with seeing Man United winning only the Carling Cup.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Ok, I’m back from my European holiday http://community.boredofstudies.org...lash-travel-diaries-pictures-coming-soon.html , and while in London I visited the new Arsenal stadium, The Emirates!

My heart was beating so fast while on the subway, I was so excited, I was about to see the stadium of my favourite team since I was a child, in real life! … A short walk from the station, following rest of my Arsenal brothers and sisters, and there she was … Ashburton Grove, The Emirates, it was humongous, it really was awesome and strangely beautiful … I walked around the stadium and took pictures, (which I should have up somewhere once I figure out where and how to upload and compress them).
I also visited the new Arsenal shop and bought the new arsenal strip (Fly Emirates) and Bergkamp, 10 with EPL badges ironed on, a Dennis Bergkamp commemorative flag thing, an Arsenal underground sign and an Arsenal scarf, total cost = 65 pounds ... but well worth it, they were only letting 30 people into the massive shop at a time, so there was a line of about 200 people and a wait of 45 mins before I got in and this was a weekday! And the season hasn’t even started!

Jimmy_B

HSC
matt#1 said:
Good news, very good news :). Carrick can definitely offer Man United quality in central midfield.

I was really hoping that Fergie would sign Torres (as replacement for Ruud) and TWO of the following midfielders: Diarra, Carrick, Riquelme, Gattusso and Pirlo.
Although this clearly has not happened...the signing of Carrick would be a great start.

However, even if we do get Carrick... I still think that we need another quality player if we are going to match it with Chelsea and avoid yet another unsuccessful season. I am certainly not content with seeing Man United winning only the Carling Cup.
i think you should keep dreaming if you think glazer will give you enough cash to sign any two players of considerable quality without selling a couple of top liners. Even if we do get rid of Michael we'll make sure to milk you guys for a shit load. We don't have to sell this season.

rubix you lucky bastard. mustve been awesome in england :)

*Minka*

HSC
What is this about the Socceroos playing a World Cup Memorial match in Australia with the full team against an Unnamed South American team? A friend just texted me about it was mentioned on Channel 10 news, but I wasn't home at the time. Anyone know anything about this?

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Jimmy_B said:
i think you should keep dreaming if you think glazer will give you enough cash to sign any two players of considerable quality without selling a couple of top liners. Even if we do get rid of Michael we'll make sure to milk you guys for a shit load. We don't have to sell this season.
Yeah, maybe my expectations were a little too high.

I agree that we will probably have to sell a few players before we can purchase anyone with real quality because despite the signings of Vidic and Evra...we really are still yet to see any real evidence that the Glazers are willing to give Fergie full financial backing to go for quality players like they promised.

As for who we should sell? I'm thinking Silvestre and Fletcher...and Ruud will probably be sold before the season starts as well. Remember that we also scored 10 million from Obi Mikel's transfer to Chelsea. Fuck the Glazers are greedy cunts. That money should be added to Fergie's transfer kitty.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
We need midfielders, 2 of em. The Milan duo is stayin at the San Siro now followin their appeals and we need to look at Carrick or Diarra. I'm sure Fergie wants to make a move but the Glazer kunts are holdin him back. The Rooney transfer is still playin on their fuckin minds.

Obi Mikel won't even get a place on the Chelsea bench for sure, he can rot there for another 5 years or so.

Meanwhile in other news, I bumped into Dwight Yorke at Star City's toilet. :D

- L1n -

HSC
Fuck the Glazers i hate them more than i hate Roman, and that tells something. Friggin Greeding cunts why even buy a Massive Club if your not willing to input, ffs i hope sell man U soon, anyone but the Glaziers, Cmon Bill do it for the fans. (I wish, Bill gates is too busy thinking of what to do with his billions).

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I hate Roman too...and because of him and his seemingly unlimited spending power, the cunts will be even harder to stop this season.

Chelsea now have a massive amount of depth in all positions, but their midfield in particular is ridiculous. With Joe Cole, Ballack, Lampard, Makelele, Obi Mikel, Wright-Phillips, Robben, Essien and Lassana Diarra...Chelsea definitely has the strongest midfield in the world in terms of depth...but who the hell will Mourinho leave out of his first team?!? In any case, Chelsea's bench will be dripping with quality and Mourinho will have one hell of a time trying to keep everyone happy.

The prospect of Mourinho being able to choose from Shevchenko, Crespo, Drogba and Salomon Kalou to play up front is also frightening.

Jimmy_B

HSC
bellamy and now pennant sign for liverpool. why does rafa want to turn his club into scumbag fc? pennant is overrated and a disaster waiting to happen.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
From the games that I have seen Pennant play...he actually seems quite good. I haven't see too much of him though...so maybe I have only watched his good games :).

In other news, Manchester United beat Celtic 3-0. Scholes scored a brace. Good to see you back and in form, Scholesy!

- L1n -

HSC
matt#1 said:
From the games that I have seen Pennant play...he actually seems quite good. I haven't see too much of him though...so maybe I have only watched his good games :).

In other news, Manchester United beat Celtic 3-0. Scholes scored a brace. Good to see you back and in form, Scholesy!

Too bad the age factor is still there. But yeh the kunts are definitely more buff this season they went from Heavy Weights to super heavy weights, especially in midfield, but 1 thing for sure Obi Mikel just screwed the next 5 yrs of his career, he'll be lucky if he gets a chance to warm the bench.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
thats true, and i dont know y players like mikel do that, surely they can see that at least for a season or 2 they will not play...its just stupid and a bad career move. i understand the money factor, but that isnt everything, i think some players are way to greedy. ALthough chelsea do have some ageing players, ballack, lampard and makalele are all gettin on so in a few years they will most likely retire, thus opening the way for mikel etc...but still why ruin 3 years or so of your career, if at man utd, he wouldve at least made an impact. i dont get it, nor would i ever do that

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Jimmy_B said:
bellamy and now pennant sign for liverpool. why does rafa want to turn his club into scumbag fc? pennant is overrated and a disaster waiting to happen.
Well if these guys r the true Reds fans they say they r, theyd want to make these moves work... none of this off-field crap

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Reports suggest that we're in talks with Mascherano, that's good news. He's one hell of a player, will be a great signing if it happens, doesn't matter how much it costs.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
god that be awesome, mascherano would be great, he is young, plus a very talended defensive midfielder, definitely if this happens our midfield would be back on track, now we need a quality amc, and not scholes he is old...dont screw this up fergie!

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
just heard this, United may make a move on Tevez! he is apparantly very good friends with heinze, and has stated he wants to leave..he was goin to madrid but due to elections this aint happenin, so united may move for him...that would be very interesting, i think tevez would be a fantastic signing, skillful, and a goal scorer..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)