• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Javier Mascherano...what a player! He is definitely the man to replace Roy Keane. Corinthians have valued him at 25 million, but I think that he would be worth every cent. C'mon Fergie!

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
also just read, spurs are willing to let carrick go tho want RVN part of the deal, and fergie makin new bid for defoe after torres said he wantd to stay...all the latest transfer details for us red devil fans...

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
No way would Ruud go to another English club, we won't need Carrick if we get our hands on Mascherano. If we can make a double swoop wit Tevez too, that would be even better.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
ur right ruud wouldnt move to another epl club, but id take carrick than no one, if we start the season wif the giggs-o'shea partnership in midfield i will cry...i dont think we will get masch, he seems to pricy, glazers are very stingy...so id prefer to sign carrick than drag the javier issue out, and we do need at least 2 midfielders, DMF and an AMC..id also settle for a striker, how we aint biddin for ibrahimovic is beyond me...this has to be fergies last season, it b nice to get rid of glazers, but that aint happenin so go to the next problem, the manager...fergie has lost it..and im sick of it and him

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Liverpool have drawn Maccabi Haifa in the UCL 3rd qualifying round...im sure the travelling Reds will fancy the trip to Israel rite abt now :rolleyes:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
They won't play it in Israel, it'll revert to Turkey or somewhere.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
withoutaface said:
They won't play it in Israel, it'll revert to Turkey or somewhere.
Maccabi Haifa had previous home games switched to Cyprus, but because of the number of Lebanese there atm thats out of the question as well.

UEFA is fine with game being held in Tel-Aviv, but Liverpool want it somewhere neutral.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I think if Liverpool want Haifa's game switched they should also offer to switch theirs somewhere equally close to England as (say) Turkey is to Israel, such that neither team gains a significant home ground advantage and everyone's safe. Of course there'd be revenue to consider, but player safety is ultimately more important.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Read on one of the reports Liverpool suggested Holland as the neutral venue haha

Anyways a return trip to the Ataturk in Istanbul would b fine...happy memories from the last time we played there! ;)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Mascherano > Carrick

...Carrick would still be a useful addition to our team though...but I think that Mascherano should be made the first priority. I'm dreaming here...but if we could land Carrick, Mascherano and Tevez...we would be set.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
18mil for Carrick, fuck that shit. Buyin players in England really sucks, it's the same in FM too, that's why I never buy any English players since they're majorly overpriced.

Ruud is gone now, we must get a replacement.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Man Utd dont have the pulling power like they did before, I think their prestige among word class players is on the decline. I still think they are short a world class game breaker in midfield.

hachoo

HSC
What now without ruud? It's Rooney up front with Rossi, unless Saha recovers from injury and starts up some good form.

- L1n -

HSC
If Fergie dosen't sign either Tevez, Torres or Ibrahimovic his clearly lost it, no ruud = we are screwed, Rooney is a talent but the talent has not developed a consistency. Damn it we just lost our goal machine to gay real, just like how we lost how goal making machine to them a few yrs back.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Ibrahimovic and Camoranesi both want out of Juve, Fergie man, we need to snap up Ibrahimovic, come on...!

Also, Athletico snapped up Mista, maybe Torres is in fact on his way to United.

Last edited:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
Ibrahimovic and Camoranesi both want out of Juve, Fergie man, we need to snap up Ibrahimovic, come on...!

Also, Athletico snapped up Mista, maybe Torres is in fact on his way to United.
I would prefer Torres over Ibrahimovic but I would be content with Fergie's signings over the break if we could sign either of these players.

Jimmy_B

HSC
good luck to mickey at manyoo. good player but he ain't no midfield enforcer. he'd be brilliant in a three man midfield with a quality ball winner doing the dirty work for him, because his distribution is so good but utd don't have that and the glazers might close the purse strings for this summer now too. oh well, looks like another season down the toilet for manyoo, and you really can't blame fergie too much for it.

also, we're gonna spend the dosh on bringing in downing and chimbonda :cool: this season we'll break into the top 4, i'm sure of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)