The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

adders

HSC
... said:
http://www.laughfc.co.uk/zimages/liverpoolXI.jpg
found this on the net lol

i think someone already posted this, ah well
That's a pretty funny pic, especially crouch but we are building a decent team, all we need is a really good target man up front someone like a drogba.
anyways who's scored the best premiership goal this season?
personally i think it's between crouch's strike against bolton or van persie's strike against charlton on the run

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
great news on ronnie stayin with us for 5 more years, good on him. hopefully can destroy watford tonite, shouldnt get too cocky, watford could surprise if SAF fields a weak side,which he may.

also, best goal, or team goal must go to united- rooney/ronaldo goal v bolton at old trafford. started in own 18 yard ended up in back of net. brilliant 1-2 passing. those 2 at their best. imo.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
About fucken time we sunk these cunts. Scouse Cunts losing and West Ham being relegated make it a great day all round for me.

Kevin Davies said:
“I think they are troubled, especially after losing at home to West Ham.

“That was a brilliant result for us. We felt they would have lost at Newcastle, too, so that was probably a good point for them. But we’ll go down there and give it a go.

“All the pressure will be on Arsenal, because they are expected to get into the Champions League.

“But we proved in the FA Cup when we drew 1-1 that we can go there and get a result and we’re really looking forward to Saturday.

“We are in a fabulous position with five games left. We could be stuck somewhere in mid-table with no chance but we’ve hung in there and we’re in fifth spot and we’re going to give it a good go.”

“But this time we don’t just want to talk about it, we want to go and do it.”
It's called mind games ya see...

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
adders said:
personally i think it's between crouch's strike against bolton or van persie's strike against charlton on the run
I guess you haven't seen much football then.

Steven Taylor (I think) for Portsmouth, Drogba against Everton and Scholes against Villa are probably the goals of the season. Personally I think Scholes' volley tops the lot. That goal was just unbelievable.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Signing Cristiano Ronaldo for another 5 years is awesome news for Manchester United! He is the best player in the world right now without question and will definitely help us towards further success.

Phyuk_Yiu

http://co.bos.error2-1337
HSC
I don't think we can have any excuses for that 0-0 loss. It seems like we we don't have a plan B, we go into a game relying on one tactic and if it fails us we get nothing. Oh well as long as we keep winning the games that matter, we can worry about our league form for next season.

Man U might be in good form but it won't matter if they keep losing defenders.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
well concedeing 1 or 2 goals is nothing if we keep scoring 3 or more like we are doing atm. neville will be back in a week. and we can easily play o shea, brown, heinze, evra in a back 4. and rio shouldnt be out for too long. so it aint to bad, next 2 games sheffield united, boro at home, should be fairly breezy wins. hopefully rovers can upset cheslki, and hammers next week, tho i doubt it. i have a feeling chelski will all games except for gunners and or us. that loss to pompey will hurt us, had we won that we couldve lost 2 games now we can only afford one loss.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
The nominees for PFA Player of the year are;

Cristiano Ronaldo
Didier Drogba
Steven Gerrard
Cesc Fabregas
Paul Scholes
Ryan Giggs

...and the nominees for PFA Young player of the Year are;

Cristiano Ronaldo
Wayne Rooney
Cesc Fabregas
Kevin Doyle
Aaron Lennon
Micah Richards

...I wouldn't at all be surprised if Ronado takes out both of these awards, though Didier Drogba has been pretty impressive this season as well. I was a little bit surprised that Vidic didnt make the list. He has been simpy awesome this season and I think that it is yet another example of the achievements of defenders going largely unrecognised by such awards. Michael Essien and Jamie Carragher were also notable ommissions. Gerrard has been a little bit too average to make the ist this season in my opinion.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Yeah Cristiano Ronlado gets my votes aswell. Really been the only standout player all season

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
individually it has to be ronnie for well carrying united through every game basically. drogba is also very close to him imo, as is vidic. why fabregas, gerrard are there is remarkeable, fabregas played well for first 3-4 mths, and gerrard has just not done it in epl this season. united v united in a day or so, hopefully we win vs sheffield, and boro both important games we need wins in. cannot slip up at all now, could be a man utd/chelski end to the season, fa cup, posible ecl, and obviously epl. really goin for pool to beat them, would HATE it if they did a treble/quadruple.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Gerrard doesn't deserve to be there, Fabregas is a bit questionable, but I think Vidic definitely needs to be there. I think Petr Cech needs to be on the list too, he is unbelievable.

Anyway I'm going for a Liverpool victory over Chelsea too, it's just that I'd hate to play them 3 times over 15 days, that'll make football so boring to watch for the rest of the ppl. And I'll also get greater satisfaction if we get to beat Liverpool in the European final. That will be such sweet sweet sweet victory.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
You can allfuck off with this Cesc not deserving to be there shit. The kid has been a freak this season for us. He's made a ridiculous 2300 passes in the league this season. The closest guy Xabi Alonso was about 500 behind him.

He's the only reason we've managed to maintain 4th this season,without him we're basically mid-table shite like Spurs. It's rare to see a player of any age carry a team like he has this season, let alone a 19 year old. His nomination is more than deserved.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
You can allfuck off with this Cesc not deserving to be there shit. The kid has been a freak this season for us. He's made a ridiculous 2300 passes in the league this season. The closest guy Xabi Alonso was about 500 behind him.

He's the only reason we've managed to maintain 4th this season,without him we're basically mid-table shite like Spurs. It's rare to see a player of any age carry a team like he has this season, let alone a 19 year old. His nomination is more than deserved.
And you can probably say the same about Berbatov, who's been carrying the Spurs team throughout their whole UEFA Cup campaign and got them where they are in the league instead of fighting relegation.

Oh right, he's 19. I guess that's enough then.

I'm not saying he's not a good player, and for me, he has been outstanding for Arsenal this season. However, he hasn't scored enough goals to truly carry the whole team. Had he scored a few more goals which have won you games, then I would have no questions about him being nominated.

Raginsheep

HSC
If Drogba gets the Player of the Year, then Ronaldo will get Young Player. I think though if its Ronaldo who gets Player of the Year, then Cesc will win it.

Sure he hasn't had the best of times after the Carling Cup but he's still better than the rest.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
as an attacking midfielder fabregas needs way more than a handful of goals he does score, he is brilliant and for someone so young its incredible, however for the position he plays, and where he gets himself into within the 18 yard box he just cannot score, and until he does that regularly, eg lampard, gerrard (tho not this season), and even ronaldo (not a central atackign midfielder), he wont be, in my eyes a truly great attacker. he still has plenty of time to get there tho. wish united had snapped him up fergie wouldve got him scoring goals, as opposed to wenger who has his team missing this season, are gooners afraid to score?

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Fabregas deserves his nomination in my opinion. He is simply superb and is involved in everything that Arsenal does. In any case, he certainly deserves to be nominated more than Gerrard does. My top 10 nominations for player of the year (in order) would have been Ronaldo, Drogba, Scholes, Vidic, Essien, Carragher, Giggs, Fabregas, Berbatov and either Cech or Agger.

Ronaldo and Drogba have clearly been the two standout players all season and the award will definitely be won by either of these two. Ronaldo should definitely go on to win the young player award though, with Fabregas the likely runner up. The only thing stopping him would be a rule that states that players cannot win both awards.

Every game is so important for Man United from now on. Come on you Red Devils!!! :)

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Cesc scores a 25 yard volley. Apart from Essien, I wouldn't have any other midfielder in the league than Cesc, his goal tally isn't great, but at the same time isn't reflective of his overall contribution to the team.

If that's all people can criticise him about, then all he'll have to do is keep scoring screamers like he did today, and I'd like to think people will then see how much better he is than some of the overrated English shite going around.

Big game coming up this weekend, we'll see if LMF's hero Berbatov can produce the goods.

Raginsheep

HSC
Led-Zep said:
as an attacking midfielder fabregas needs way more than a handful of goals he does score, he is brilliant and for someone so young its incredible, however for the position he plays, and where he gets himself into within the 18 yard box he just cannot score, and until he does that regularly, eg lampard, gerrard (tho not this season), and even ronaldo (not a central atackign midfielder), he wont be, in my eyes a truly great attacker. he still has plenty of time to get there tho. wish united had snapped him up fergie wouldve got him scoring goals, as opposed to wenger who has his team missing this season, are gooners afraid to score?
Ronaldo is a practically a winger foward dude. He should be scoring but besides, a good deal of his goals are penalties.

I doubt Fergie would've done much better than Wenger. If you've seen Cesc's misses, alot would come down to either brilliant keeping and also the woodwork. He's still young and he knows how to score. The goals will come.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
Big game coming up this weekend, we'll see if LMF's hero Berbatov can produce the goods.
I really don't give a toss about your big game. And my real hero would be Tevez.

Big game is Charlton vs Sheffield. What a game that should be.

Anyway routine victory for us, although Evra got injured through a bad tackle. Seems like we're getting an injury to our squad each game. Hopefuly Evra will be alright for the upcoming games.

Boro then Milan, come on United!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)