The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
ronnie may be playin that up field but he is a winger, and they usually do not score as many goals as forwards, attacking midfielders do, its amazing when u think about it as there is no other winger that i can think of in the world, or previous that has scored as much as ronaldo this season. in all the main leagues in europe, epl, la liga, serie a, bundesliga, the top 5 goal scorers are all either FC or AMC, ronaldo is the only winger to appear on the list and that is incredible. and ive only counted about 3-5 penalties scored this season? thats hardly any when u compare it to ronaldhino, who takes all penalties for barca.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Led-Zep said:
attacking midfielders do, its amazing when u think about it as there is no other winger that i can think of in the world, or previous that has scored as much as ronaldo this season.

Robert Pires

01/02 - 13/45
02/03 - 16/42
03/04- 19/50
04/05- 17/47
05/06- 11/48

That's goals/games on the right there. Bobby created a fuckload more too. Ronnie's getting there, but claims like that show how short some fan's memories are. He's got a long way to go untill he can dive like Pires as well.

mat2154

HSC
How bout the relegation battle! it's really hotting up now West Ham, Watford and Fulham to go down. Hopefully the blades can stay up. Apparently one of the reasons that Ronaldo signed for five years is that he i going out with some hot British soapie chick from manchester. Another thing about Ronaldo, Before he died George Best said that being compared to Ronaldo flattered him.

http://www.gemmaatkinson.tv/

Raginsheep

HSC
I take back what I said about penalties but stand by the fact that he virtually plays as a winger foward, not just a winger.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
the stats still has ronnie scoring more though with 21 overall this season, pires highest was 19, and i said i couldnt remember if there was any, gee i dont follow the gooners.
And thats only one other winger, it would be very hard to find more than that within the top leagues, as i said its rare and incredible that he scoring as much as he is, credit to pires also for those achivements i do remember how good he was, arsenal have really missed a player like him since he left. and not to mention ronnie does have equal assits this season with 19, as pires did in 03/04, and the season aint over yet.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
I Hope West Ham stay up for next season. The Icelandic Billionar has promised them ALOT of money for next season. Maybe a new force in the premiership if they do stay up.

^___^
HSC
pires was awesome before he got injuried a few seasons ago
after that it went all downhill for him..
*sigh*

cant believe you guys let him go

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
i really doubt hammers will stay up, chelski will dominate them, i hope not, but i dont think west ham can do any damage to chelski. with united to come also, they really need to win their remaining games.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
He's got a long way to go untill he can dive like Pires as well.
:rofl:

Pires' goal scoring record certainly was impressive. You guys are definitely missing his goals and a goal-scoring midfielder should be the priority for Wenger.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
as well as a striker, so u dont always rely on henry, get rid of hleb, a right winger, good left back, keep gallas/toure in middle, decent right back. and a couple of squad players that do the job, and a replacment for lehman if he leaves, no molina is not good enuff

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Hahaha, Led-Zep's avatar reminds me of the old Matt, I almost got confused there.

Anyway Pires had his best season during 01/02, he was one of the top players in the world then but he had to get injured.

Pires is good, but Ronaldo is better. Ronaldo can take the ball from our own half into the opposition's half in no time, taking a lot of pressure of our defenders. It's also more entertaining watching Ronaldo, some of his stuff are out of this world.

I got great admiration for Pires, both he and Ljungberg back then were awesome. What the current Arsenal squad is missing are players like them, it'll take a while before Rosicky/Hleb can get up to that level.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
Hahaha, Led-Zep's avatar reminds me of the old Matt, I almost got confused there.
haha, yeah that is pretty much identical to my old avatar. It confused me a bit as well.

LMF^^ said:
Pires is good, but Ronaldo is better. Ronaldo can take the ball from our own half into the opposition's half in no time, taking a lot of pressure of our defenders. It's also more entertaining watching Ronaldo, some of his stuff are out of this world.
Robert Pires at his peak was all class but Ronaldo is clearly something special and in a different class all together. Time will tell if Ronaldo can produce this kind of form consistently but he certainly has the potential to become one of the all time greats of the game.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
HeCtic said:
Robert Pires

01/02 - 13/45
02/03 - 16/42
03/04- 19/50
04/05- 17/47
05/06- 11/48

That's goals/games on the right there. Bobby created a fuckload more too. Ronnie's getting there, but claims like that show how short some fan's memories are. He's got a long way to go untill he can dive like Pires as well.
Whats Pires up to now anyway?

Joined Villareal yeah? Haven't heard anything since...

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Raginsheep said:
David Dein leaves Arsenal :(
Takeover time.

Anyone see Messi's first goal against Getafe...? It is almost identical to Maradona's famous goal against England.

Last edited:

mat2154

HSC
well the shareholders dont want to be taken over, it sounds a bit sus "irreconcilable differences"

Raginsheep

HSC
Dein wanted Kroenke in so that we could match it financially with the others in the top 4 but with the board unwilling to sell, his position was pretty much untenable.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him back if Kroenke does manage to take control but if the board hold on their pledge not to sell, it'll be pretty much impossible for Kroenke to buy any controlling interest.

JJV

HSC
Man I dont even care If Juventus is relegated to serie c as well.
For me Juventus is still the best football club in Europe and i wont doubt about that. They will be back to serie A very soon and get the Scudetto. =D

Fan of Juventus F.C.>> Forever....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)