The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

Phyuk_Yiu

http://co.bos.error2-1337
HSC
I was glad Chelsea drew today, strong as our rivalry is with Man U, I would still prefer them to get the premiership. Its not as if they'll get the treble:rofl:.
I think a fair result would be Chelsea-FA Cup, Man U-Premiership and Liverpool_Champions League Cup.
We've secured 3-4th place and will be ready to tear Chelsea apart in the Semi's. It was good to see Kuyt and Gerrard hitting the target for all the hard work they've done recently.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
the gloom wouldve been settled if united won vs boro. with 6 defenders out, and 3 of 4 games away from old trafford, i cant see united winning all of those, especially the chelsea game. everton will also be tough and i have a feeling they will do us in, city i feel we will thrash, however we require 3 wins and i only see us getting 2, even tho chelski drew with newcastle, they still have more home games left, including us. i just hope we cna get a few defenders back, and at the moment win some games.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Well looks like you guys just can't play without Fabregas, he came on and changed the game.

Lovely strike by Jenas, and Arsenal got robbed at the last min. But oh well, I guess you guys can't be too disappointed.
Anyone who doubted his nomination for the PFA awards should watch that game. Him and Diaby when they played togethor mullered Spudz. Hitting the woodwork three times,missing two open goals and a good goal disallowed didn't help things but the distance between the two sides was absolutely light years. This without our best two attackers.

Still think we are 2/3 players short of a title winning squad, and with Dein gone we'll probably be very quiet in the transfer window. No title next season, but if our forwards stay fit and Bendtner and Muamba progress like they've been doing at Brum this season, we'll win something. Rosicky has finally settled as well, he looks twice the player he did early on in the season. I'm really looking forward to next season, unlike most gooners who seem to be dreading it.

Phyuk_Yiu said:
I was glad Chelsea drew today, strong as our rivalry is with Man U, I would still prefer them to get the premiership. Its not as if they'll get the treble :rofl:
Please, don't tempt fate like that. You must be on drugs to be doing something like that. Lest we forget the prospect of a Cuntley Cunt quadruple.

Led-Zep should calm it down a bit too. Geez, talk about overreacting. Chelsea are the ones playing catchup, it's sudden death for them, the pressure will be enormous on those cunts. Although another United choke would be funny too. Hmm, I seem to be going around in circles, it's really hard to seperate two such ridiculously cunty teams. I can't believe one of them has to win :(

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Led-Zep is such a pessimistic bastard, can't you just have a lil bit of faith in our squad...? By the time the Chelsea game comes around we'll have most of our squad back, maybe including Vidic. With him around, we won't fear anyone.

Whatever the case, I'm relieved that the gap is still 3 points. Now we ought to win our next 2 games, and hope Arsenal do us a favour.

Anyway congrats to Ronnie for his double swoop at the awards, he truly showed what a great player he is this season. Carry the form to Tuesday and score a few against the ancient Milan defence.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
i beleive im the only realistic united fan on this forum, u guys need to get onto a real football forum like 365.com and actually read what REAL united fans think of the squad u know ppl unlike us who go to the games, seems all of the united fans here think that we will easily win the treble, surely you dont realise how incredibly lucky we where when we won it, hardly any injuries, plus a squad with depth. im not overreacting at all, chelsea have not lost at home in 2 years...half of their games are at home, they will win all of those, with a maybe vs united. the others are relatively simple, arsenal are not playing well and will be beat. united have given them the chance to win it back, surely u guys realise 3 points is not enough and we have 3 out of 4 games AWAY from home? not to mention 6 defenders out, and have 3 tough games, milan, everton away, man city away, in a row. compared to chelski who have a near fully fit squad, that has not lost in 10 league games in a row, and always score in the final minutes of games.

hoping another team win and do us a favour is not the position to be in and it shouldnt be a relief that we are there. honestly some united fans defend everything they do even though they clearly have struggled lately, bar roma, to win in the league, eg sheff united, pompey and boro. I do have faith in the squad and am very surprised that we have done so well, and am hoping we do win all 3, but as a realist i know that it is just not as easy as some ppl here make it out. I didnt realise it was anti-man utd to criticise a team for poor performance. and we have been poor in the league for the last 3 games, lucky vs boro, very lucky vs sheff utd in that they shouldve had a penalty. we will wait and see i guess

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Led-Zep said:
hoping another team win and do us a favour is not the position to be in and it shouldnt be a relief that we are there.
Chelsea have the best squad in the league, yet you are still above them with only a handful of games left. You are also in the semi's of the Champions League, and the FA Cup Final, and yet you say:

"very depressed united fan today"

honestly some united fans defend everything they do even though they clearly have struggled lately, bar roma, to win in the league, eg sheff united, pompey and boro. I didnt realise it was anti-man utd to criticise a team for poor performance. and we have been poor in the league for the last 3 games, lucky vs boro, very lucky vs sheff utd in that they shouldve had a penalty. we will wait and see i guess
No-one doubts you support your team, but everything you say is tinged with pessimism and for the supposed "realist" you claim to be, most of your posts are filled with speculation. And to United fans in general bitching about the tension and fucking it up, just remember your three seasons preceeding this and then start complaining about how bad this one could possibly be.

Trophyless United would be hilarious. Unbelievably funny in fact, but I think you guys have the league won now.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
yes very depressed, in that we SHOULDVE won that game, hence essnetially winning the league, also due to the POOR performance we gave, after that opening goal it never looked as if united were going to win at all, and in fact i was hoping for a draw the way we played, hence the depressed comment, plus this was also a day b4 chelsea played newcastle so im sure u can understand my uneasiness.

so not sucking up and kissing SAFs ass and united and the lack of depth we have is considered pessimism these days? i wouldve thought all that cocksucking that goes on to the ppl that cannot say anything bad about man utd should be mocked. i do remember the 3 seasons that happened, and have been complaining especially about our performance in europe, our poor transfer choices, djemba djemba anyone, and our lack of quality youth.

we do not have the league won, gee do u guys realise we have 3 away games? are you not reading that point, and one of them is at chelsea? who have not lost at home in 2 years...not to mention in the games we need them back, eg everton, man city, we will be missing vidic, rio and maybe neville who wont be bak to full fitness. 2 very important games that MUST be won. nothing would make me happier than united winning another treble, i have vivid memories of the last one, with my cousin actually watching the ecl final at the bernebau and phoning me up at like 5am to notify me of what had happend. but in fairness, a fan has to be realistic, no watford fan goes on saying we will win the league and to have another fan saying no we will not and being called pessimistic, its being realistic and i feel that i am. at the start of the season i said top 3 finish, in fact i said 2nd. united has surprised me and EVeryone else, noone predicted this, and i am estatic and hope our form continues, but lets not get carried away by treble talk when it could all be over in 2 wks.

BTW well done to ronaldo.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Do you seriously think that we can't win at both Everton and Man City...? There are no easy games in the league, but I'm confident about the team getting the job done in those 2 games. You're acting as if we're about to lose it, which is still very unlikely, and Chelsea isn't all that great either. I don't know what more you want to ask for, 3 points in front with 4 games left to play, any team in the league will dream of such a position to be in right now, no matter who they're playing or where they're playing.

And I'm not getting carried away with the treble at all, knowing that the tie against Milan is becoming increasingly tough with all our injuries. Man Utd remains the only team in England that have won the treble, and we know how special that was, once in a lifetime stuff. I'm not expecting it to happen again, I just want the team to do well. There's no need for this pessimistic bullshit. I just wanna look forward to the games, like many other United supporters are.

adders

HSC
I was just wondering wat would happen if a team were to win both the league and fa cup. Who would then play in the community shield?

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
It goes between that champion team and who ever came second in the league. I'm pretty sure thats how it has happened in the past

adders

HSC
Wat a game!!! wat a finish especially rooney's strike but Kaka was unbelievable, 2brilliant individual goals but i still think that the tie is in milan's favour at the san siro, man u's away form has been relatively dissapointing so far.

Anyways Go POOL
6 times in Athens

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
What a game indeed, just a fantastic finish to the game. Reminds me of a lot from the 2003 quarter final second leg against Real Madrid, but that night we got knocked out.

This one isn't over, but getting the win at the last min will definitely be a big bonus to us. Sometimes I do think Milan's only attacking threat will come from Kaka, and he showed it tonight. Our shoddy defence struggled to cope with him in the first half, and he owned us. But we came back brilliantly in the second half thanks to hard work and perseverance. Scholes' flick for Rooney's first was fantastic, and his second was a very sweet shot. All in all, sweet night!!

And how good was Fletcher again, that guy's incredible on European nights. He should definitely start in Milan.

adders

HSC
Honestly i wanted chelsea to win the league and fa cup but not any more. Despite hating united with a passion, i feel they've played the best football this season and they deserve both tournaments. Mourinho in the papers called liverpool a small club, considering we've won the league 16 more times, we've won the champions league 5 times compared to chelsea's 0. Chelsea have won the fa cup twice compared with our 7 wins and we're a small club. Mourinho i think u need to review ur history, because u will never match our history and tradition and i pray that u win no more trophies this season.

Congrats to united but i do hope in athens we have a istanbul rematch.
Go POOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phyuk_Yiu

HSC
Mourinho is such a whiner, I don't buy any of his crap. He can't be complain , Chelsea have the chance to win 4 cups and should have bought enough players to compensate for all the extra games they're in.

The morning game was very enjoyable. It was pretty much Man U-3 Kaka-2, how funny was his second goal, Evra just took out Heinze leaving the goal totally open.
I still think United will get through, if the defensive situation doesnt work out they could always sacrifice Scholes to take out Kaka. The rest of Milan's team is pretty useless.

I predict a 3-1 win to Liverpool tommorow, we seem to be going into this game looking for goals.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Her majesty is a gooner

What a classy woman she is. Her mother was a gem too.

Also, here's a great article on what it means to support a football team, taking in the high's and lows and embracing them both as part of being a fan. He also pointedly puts into perspective the folly of those who want a takeover simply so we can buy mercenary cunts like Eto'o, in order to maybe win a trophy in the next couple of seasons. Great article. Has a bit from a United fan regarding their situation and how it mirrors ours as well.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Phyuk_Yiu said:
Mourinho is such a whiner, I don't buy any of his crap. He can't be complain , Chelsea have the chance to win 4 cups and should have bought enough players to compensate for all the extra games they're in.

The morning game was very enjoyable. It was pretty much Man U-3 Kaka-2, how funny was his second goal, Evra just took out Heinze leaving the goal totally open.
I still think United will get through, if the defensive situation doesnt work out they could always sacrifice Scholes to take out Kaka. The rest of Milan's team is pretty useless.

I predict a 3-1 win to Liverpool tommorow, we seem to be going into this game looking for goals.
Milan right now, bar Ronaldo, is the most one man team in Europe. They rely so much on Kaka that's starting to resemble the way the Scousers were when Gerrard was single-handedly winning games for them.

Evra didn't look very comfortable today, maybe a from a lack of match practice. He mistimed most of his runs, his passing wasn't good, and of course, that collision with Heinze which led to Kaka's second. I'm not too pleased about his suspension, but at the same time I'm not too disappointed. Hopefully Gary would be available then and we'll fight all the way at the San Siro.

I expect a dull 0-0 between Liverpool and Chelsea tomorrow, not much expectations. I don't know if I should even get up and watch the game.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Awesome game this morning. Kaka's performance in the first half was simply awesome but without him Milan are clearly nothing. Given our extensive injury problems, I am satisfied with a 3-2 win. Rooney's 2nd goal was all class.

@ Led-Zep: I have said it all along that you are the most pesimistic poster of all time. Yes, United have had a few slip-ups lately, but the title is still ours to lose. The onus and pressure is still certainly on Chelsea to keep winning and attempting to apply some pressure. The defensive injuries are certainly a problem but we will be fine once a few of those guys come back.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Phyuk_Yiu said:
As we all saw, this was anything but. Liverpool tried to contain Chelsea, and failed to do so due to some Drogba magic. Benitez didn't really do much to turn the game, he's more focused on keeping the scoreline down. I guess both managers are content with the result, but no away goals will certainly favour Chelsea more.

It's amazing how quite it gets here when Liverpool loses. :)

Phyuk_Yiu

HSC
LMF^^ said:
As we all saw, this was anything but. Liverpool tried to contain Chelsea, and failed to do so due to some Drogba magic. Benitez didn't really do much to turn the game, he's more focused on keeping the scoreline down. I guess both managers are content with the result, but no away goals will certainly favour Chelsea more.

It's amazing how quite it gets here when Liverpool loses. :)
Argh, that was the most frustrating game ive watched all season. Finnan's absence really hurt us, it meant having Risse at left back and Botched-up Zenden on the left. We were allways going to fail by having him in such a pivotal role, he did'nt make a decent cross all game and we payed for it. Our centre was also fucked up, perhaps Bentez was going for containment but Mascherano and Xabi stayed too far back leaving us with nothing at the heart of midfield.That of course left the strikers without any support, totally comprimising our attack.
Im still confident of final birth though, Chelsea will be kicking themselves for not getting more than a single goal and with Finnan back on the left I think we'll get the result at Anfield.
Oh and on Drogba, that cheating mothafucker shoud've got a yellow card for diving or sent off injured. I can see why he didnt get PFA plyer of the year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)