• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (8 Viewers)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
oooooh i've only heard the stories. isn't it like 70% or something?

i'll have to try proper absinthe in Europe, none of this fake shit they have in Australia.

Oh by the way (wow I didn't write btw) we probably should start talking about woolworths or townie will start deleting.

Craven

HSC
i had a shot of that once..... at work *cough* yay Woolworths Thread :p

HSC
ahaha i love how this thread completely changes, funny thing is seeing the intoxicated coworkers who are usually so uptight at work.

we did tequlia and armaretto shots at my co workers birthday

PyroTek

HSC
Well you sure can light it.. It has a flame shield on the cap for that very reason. 75.5% from memory.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Forgot to mention, my SM told me off for wearing my white shirt when I was called in ASAP.. Green shirt was in dryer and not ironed (due to it not being a working day for me).
So. ....

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Forgot to mention, my SM told me off for wearing my white shirt when I was called in ASAP.. Green shirt was in dryer and not ironed (due to it not being a working day for me).
So. ....
Imo as long as you have the new badge on, they can't say much.
Regardless, it's not as if you were counselled. Relax!

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Got a bit excited today...SM played a cruel trick on us at the managers meeting.

He told us that our Christmas Bonuses were here, and handed around $600 cash each to everyone claiming that was our bonus...AND THEN he made us throw it in the rubbish! Apparently he done it so that everyone could see and feel what it was like to have $4200 sitting in the rubbish (that was last week's wastage)

Trying to make a point that he doesn't like how high our wastage is. Said we need to half it.

Last edited:

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Ouch, lol.

New SM starts next week. Shall be interesting.
4th SM since the store reopened in 2006. Always the same old shit. (well, not really, the last 2, especially the 2nd last one, have been rather good)

Roga

HSC
Ouch, lol.

New SM starts next week. Shall be interesting.
4th SM since the store reopened in 2006. Always the same old shit. (well, not really, the last 2, especially the 2nd last one, have been rather good)
Interesting, we're getting a new SM as well next week. They all seem to move around the same time...

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Interesting, we're getting a new SM as well next week. They all seem to move around the same time...
Massive regional shakeup... a good 42 odd managers got called in to see Leon and were told they'd be moving (up, down, across...)

Where's your SM going?

PyroTek

HSC
We are on our 5th or 6th STM in about 10 months. We have had about 3 SM's in the same time.

HSC
Out of the three years I have been with the company, we have had 3 cms 2 21Cs 2 assistant store managers 2 SMs

Roga

HSC
Massive regional shakeup... a good 42 odd managers got called in to see Leon and were told they'd be moving (up, down, across...)

Where's your SM going?
Well my current one is heading to St Clair. The new one is coming from Penrith.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
In the year that I've been at my store (+ 6 months leave) there has only ever been 2 department managers change (Produce for 3 months then the old one came back) and checkouts.

Been through 3 different SMs. First one was only there for a couple of weeks after I started, then my current one started after him, left for a couple of months, then we had a temp now we have him back.

Same SSM since when I first started, oh and our STM left a year ago, and he was never replaced.

But we are a small country-town store, and these guys have been around here for aggesss so hardly anyone ever leaves.

greekgun

HSC
Got a bit excited today...SM played a cruel trick on us at the managers meeting.

He told us that our Christmas Bonuses were here, and handed around $600 cash each to everyone claiming that was our bonus...AND THEN he made us throw it in the rubbish! Apparently he done it so that everyone could see and feel what it was like to have $4200 sitting in the rubbish (that was last week's wastage)

Trying to make a point that he doesn't like how high our wastage is. Said we need to half it.
Oh wow...i would have been pissed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)