The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
Yeah, I had a customer on my holiday RECOGNISE ME! I was on a cruise boat with about 2,000 other people and she points at me and says, "Do You work at woolworths!?" and before I used to serve her she was a sour bitch to me and now she's nice as hell to me.

and sigh of relief, that my store always closes at 22:00 :jump:
I've had people on the train asking me what its like to work with my twin. FFS we're not related.

I'm more intimidated here because this feral bogan pair seem to think that its okay to abuse people in everyday life. Sure, I piss them off at woolworths, I have to expect that I might cop some abuse back, but outside my workplace it is a different matter.

But can we all piss ourselves laughing that I ran into these people at CENTRELINK? :rofl: Gee, I guess my stereotypes of my feral customers are pretty spot on.

bdude

HSC
But can we all piss ourselves laughing that I ran into these people at CENTRELINK? :rofl: Gee, I guess my stereotypes of my feral customers are pretty spot on.
Since you were at Centrelink too does that make you a feral bogan too? :) jk

I'm lucky, I've never had an agressive customer at all, I guess because I don't deal with cigarettes or listen to complaints at the service desk - I've heard some good stories

HSC
Since you were at Centrelink too does that make you a feral bogan too? :) jk
I sure am a feral bogan ;)

Nah, one of the centrelink ladies said today that she looks forward to May each year because they get a zillion uni students all of a sudden eligible for 19k/18 months youth allowance (which is why I was there), and that on the whole, she gets nicer clients because of it.
Made me feel better about scabbing government funds :)

Also, I am in the midst of deep deep procrastination, and I found this (from the draft of the new agreement).

In the event that a part time employee is not able to work an agreed
additional shift on account of illness/injury (sick leave), they are entitled to
access Personal Leave in accordance with clause 8.2 Personal Leave.
2.6.1 (g) - Flex Up Additional Hours.

Why has no one told me about this?

BSammy

HSC
1. It's only part of the New agreement which isn't actually on storenet yet. So your office cashiers may need reminding.

2. They're not going to just tell you they can give you more money. The subclauses which benefit you the most are the ones you're going to have to find yourselves.

I like the one where If you have accumulated overtime it has to either be dealt with or payed out within four weeks.

HSC
1. It's only part of the New agreement which isn't actually on storenet yet. So your office cashiers may need reminding.

2. They're not going to just tell you they can give you more money. The subclauses which benefit you the most are the ones you're going to have to find yourselves.

I like the one where If you have accumulated overtime it has to either be dealt with or payed out within four weeks.
Yeah number 2 I completely understand, I didn't realise it was only in the new agreement though. It just works out handy for me, who has a base roster of 10 hours, and never JUST works 10 hours.
Also, it encourages sick leave being used when you are ACTUALLY sick, rather than just using it because I can only use it on a thursday/saturday.

I didn't mean to sound obnoxious or anything.

Harry778

HSC
Haha! Once I was lining up at the petrol station and the lady infront of me turned around and goes "where do I know you from"? And I was like ohhh fuck off here we go. And Before I could say anything she just yells WOOLWORTHS and I said yerr thats me uhhaha. So annoying...same thing happened when I was out one night, I was getting a drink and this girl goes your from woolies..but I just walked away...its kind of like we're famous..HAHA!

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
called in sick today. was supposed to do 5-2pm today..

but after training yesterday, hpoped onto the train (after walking from redfern), half way through the train ride i started sweating constantly .. and i mean sweat dripping down my face, and feeling nauseous. =.=

i think it's attributed to me not having a days rest since 3-4weeks ago? =/

HSC
^ I have had that problem, I have been really sick for the past 3 days and I rung in sick sunday. But working tonight 4-8 might do 4-7 or just stick it out

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Haha! Once I was lining up at the petrol station and the lady infront of me turned around and goes "where do I know you from"? And I was like ohhh fuck off here we go. And Before I could say anything she just yells WOOLWORTHS and I said yerr thats me uhhaha. So annoying...same thing happened when I was out one night, I was getting a drink and this girl goes your from woolies..but I just walked away...its kind of like we're famous..HAHA!
I know! It's like how little kids think their teachers live at school, customers think we have no life.

Also, I love it when you have a rude customer that ignores you and then their card declines. Best revenge.

BSammy

HSC
Yeah number 2 I completely understand, I didn't realise it was only in the new agreement though. It just works out handy for me, who has a base roster of 10 hours, and never JUST works 10 hours.
Also, it encourages sick leave being used when you are ACTUALLY sick, rather than just using it because I can only use it on a thursday/saturday.

I didn't mean to sound obnoxious or anything.
You didn't come across as obnoxious, don't worry :)

But yeah, my head cashier is very reluctant to make people start following the new rules because she doesn't have a copy of the agreement. only the draft from before, and we've already had one thing change from that, so she's unsure.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
I disagree, best revenge = the customer getting kicked out and banned haha
Yes that does top it.

On Sunday there was a group of old European men and some young people smoking in the extremely small space at the front doors where all the customers have to come through to get inside and the smoke was coming in everywhere and i marched out from the service desk at my most imperious and firmly suggested they move along.

That's about the toughest I've ever been at work.

HSC
Who gets $1 out of their bank account? haha somebody did that at work tonight
best shift
did 16:00-16:50-self serve
16:50-17:50-serving on express
17:50-18:30-supervision/selfserve
18:30-20:00 self serve

Harry778

HSC
I know! It's like how little kids think their teachers live at school, customers think we have no life.

Also, I love it when you have a rude customer that ignores you and then their card declines. Best revenge.
HAHAHA YES! I just look at them and go..Its been declined..*looks at watch*

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Ha yes!! When it's someone who's been nice to me I'm like "do you have another card/cash/don't worry it happens to me all the time!", to a rude person it's like "DECLINED. Insufficient funds." *chews on gum and looks pointedly at queue of people*

Also, do you guys have forms where you can manually apply EDR points if the cashier forgets to ask for it?? We have them for F$C and they are so annoying! This old woman came back with a receipt for $1.09!!! That's ONE point!!!! And it takes ages to process them.

bdude

HSC
Also, do you guys have forms where you can manually apply EDR points if the cashier forgets to ask for it?? We have them for F$C and they are so annoying! This old woman came back with a receipt for $1.09!!! That's ONE point!!!! And it takes ages to process them.
But that's $0.01 in their pocket! (sarcasm)

HSC
You didn't come across as obnoxious, don't worry :)

But yeah, my head cashier is very reluctant to make people start following the new rules because she doesn't have a copy of the agreement. only the draft from before, and we've already had one thing change from that, so she's unsure.
Yeah I understand, so eventually there WILL be a copy on storenet? I found a copy on the Fair Work Australia site (which was the final draft submitted as of 6 May), but it still wasn't implemented at the time.

Who gets $1 out of their bank account? haha somebody did that at work tonight
People always get out like 60c - enough for a concession bus fare.

HSC
Wow, I've never had that but I had this woman once who wanted to pay for a highlighter or pen which cost like a couple of bucks with a $50 note. My till was almost totally out of change because two people before that each took about like $250-$300 each. :S So I told her I couldn't put her through and she huffed and told me, "So what do you expect me to do now?!" I turned around and ask the cashier behind me if he had enough in his till and he didn't either so I told her to try Express. IDIOT. If you have one item, don't come through my large checkout when there's perfectly working and empty express lanes down the other end and near the exit or use self-serve! So she got pissed off and walked off and the customer behind her comes up looking highly amused. I grin and nod at her like it's one of those days lol. I've never had people taking out $1 before though but when I first started, I remember this guy who asked for $297.90 cashout or some weird figure. I asked him if he wanted cashout and he actually leaned over the counter and told me the figure. I thought it was totally WEIRD but now come to think of it, maybe he was high or something HAHAHA. It's surprising the different kinds of people you come across lol.

theonemanshow

HSC
My best advice would be to talk to the perishables manager, say you are interested in changing depts, if they need people they may train you. That's how I got off checkouts initially.
What about your manager in checkout doesn't let you go cause the department is short of people but perishables has positions available at the same time? ( Same situation but different departments here :()

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)