The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

HSC
Is your CSM the sort of person who you'd feel comfortable discussing this with? If it's either become a supervisor or quit, you've really got nothing to lose by talking with them.
Hrmm. This is an interesting suggestion. Do you think it'd be a bit TOO forward if I went about it like this? Like I'm putting her in an ultimatum position, when I wouldn't quit unless I had another job lined up anyways. I don't think she'd necessarily listen to me anyways - I've asked her for things in the past (like to change my contract) and all she does is say she'll think about it and call me (which she never did even thought I brought it up again 2 weeks later). She also does this to other people, so yeah, she doesn't seem like someone who gets talked into considering things.

HSC
YouTube - Chasers Public Service Announcement - Woolworths < my friend emailed it to me and said, "Can we do this at your shop?"

Also this same friend recorded me doing a phone call at work and bluetoothed it to me saying, "LISTEN HOW PROPER YOU SOUND!" and I was like gee thanks I'm supposed to sound a bit important on my job :p especially when I am on service desk handling the phone calls.

PyroTek

HSC
Worked deli on tuesday, was called in - must get my 3 days off eventually.
At 12 i left and ran away to the country for a few days. Good shit!

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
YouTube - Chasers Public Service Announcement - Woolworths < my friend emailed it to me and said, "Can we do this at your shop?"

Also this same friend recorded me doing a phone call at work and bluetoothed it to me saying, "LISTEN HOW PROPER YOU SOUND!" and I was like gee thanks I'm supposed to sound a bit important on my job :p especially when I am on service desk handling the phone calls.
That was hilarious. Reminds me of this one in the UK about Asda and Tesco's - YouTube - Tesco Is Cheaper! Asda Announcement

gsweeper

HSC
ok seriously, my groceries manager hasn't hired anyone new for 2 years, i was the last person they hired. Now we are ridiculously understaffed; constantly get called in for extra shifts that none of us want, being pushed into nightfill and nightfill being pushed into groceries, why? who knows, we are always under hours, like seriously...

Harry778

HSC
SSS stared at me for so long today and she comes up to me and goes "for a second I didnt know who you were" WTF? As if she knows EVERYONE who works at the stores she is in charge of. Lol..it was so random. I was serving and she was standing out in the centre just looking at me.

mmmm 6am start tomorrow :(

timw7845

Somewhere near the mountains... somewhere near the
HSC
Oh Woolworths Payroll you absolutely amaze me.

First you don't pay me correctly, which is cool coz I understand it was a public holiday. Then you pay me $9.18 for the hour that I wasn't paid for, which I'm presuming is my 12.68 pay rate minus $3.50 union fees. WHICH I ALREADY PAID FROM THE WEEK BEFORE! And then you pay me AGAIN for this week, but unless I've been taxed about $75 for 17 hours worth of ordinary rates, I have no idea how I've been paid what I've been paid.

(yoddle, the grammar/spelling freak of this thread, what is the difference between paid and payed? I'm struggling here ;))

Payslips needed, I don't understand haha.
im glad im casual..

14.47 sounds so much better than 12.68

yoddle

is cool
HSC
well back in the days of enthusiasm, I would say we could refund it all, and process it again....but then I did it once and realised what a waste of time it was.
So now its just 'oh sorry, nothing we can do unfortunately'

For anyone still that enthusiastic!
just look at the receipt, take note of any multibuys
SVR Menu - RETURN SALE
SCAN EVERYTHING (for multibuy items enter the price for singles)
THEN refund to cash
next transaction, just scan everything again- pay by cash
SCAN EVERYDAY REWARDS CARD (lol once i did all the above without scanning EDR!)
Oh. My. God. That is the most ridiculous thing i have every heard.

Sorry guys, this is going to be a bit of a rant...
So yesterday I find out that they're training up another supervisor who's only been working for like 6 months. Just before that they'd trained up someone else who'd only been there a year. Now, I think these two are perfectly capable at supervising front end, and they'll do a good job, but I just feel a bit lost at the moment. There are at least 2 other people as well as myself on frontend who have been working there for 2-4 years. We're all around the same age as the new supervisors and we have had more experience and yet we keep getting overlooked, and I don't really understand what I can do to change that. Because as it is, I feel like I'm getting nowhere with Woolworths. I've felt for a while now that my job has become too easy and I wanted to become supervisor to have more of a challenge with different tasks etc. I've really tried to prove myself more to my CSM and other supervisors but nothing seems to work, so I really don't know if I should just quit.
I guess you can talk to them but in my experience they won't be honest with you and just make up lame excuses. However, also, in my experience, CSMs (and i've had a few) search out talent amongst their team and pick the ones they genuinely think would be best for supervision even if we think they are wrong. They don't want to manage reatards. Not saying you're a retard, obviously.

Also the CSM isn't the be all and end all, they will often have a chat to 2IC/3IC/popular supervisors about who they may train, so lick as much ass as possible.

I AM NO LONGER AN EMPLOYEE OF WOOWORTHS LIMITED.
My name doesn't even appear on the rosters any more! Omg. My CSM actually started welling up as I left, and then left me a really nice fb message.
And twice in the afternoon the SSO made two PA announcements along the lines of "Customers while in store today, make sure you head over to register six and wish young yoddle a bon voyage for his trip to Europe blah blah on behalf of the customers and staff at Woolworths yoddletown we'd like to thank him blah blah" which was nice and embarrassing at the same time.

So anyways I leave tomorrow night so i hereby bid farewell to the inhabitants of the Woolworths Thread. I might drop by in a visit once in a while, but for now, ciao, thanks for making Woolworths so much more bearable!

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Oh. My. God. That is the most ridiculous thing i have every heard.

I guess you can talk to them but in my experience they won't be honest with you and just make up lame excuses. However, also, in my experience, CSMs (and i've had a few) search out talent amongst their team and pick the ones they genuinely think would be best for supervision even if we think they are wrong. They don't want to manage reatards. Not saying you're a retard, obviously.

Also the CSM isn't the be all and end all, they will often have a chat to 2IC/3IC/popular supervisors about who they may train, so lick as much ass as possible.

My name doesn't even appear on the rosters any more! Omg. My CSM actually started welling up as I left, and then left me a really nice fb message.
And twice in the afternoon the SSO made two PA announcements along the lines of "Customers while in store today, make sure you head over to register six and wish young yoddle a bon voyage for his trip to Europe blah blah on behalf of the customers and staff at Woolworths yoddletown we'd like to thank him blah blah" which was nice and embarrassing at the same time.

So anyways I leave tomorrow night so i hereby bid farewell to the inhabitants of the Woolworths Thread. I might drop by in a visit once in a while, but for now, ciao, thanks for making Woolworths so much more bearable!
Bye bye, *sniffs* :(

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Perhaps somebody can enlighten me on this situation.
A supervisor of mine recently mentioned in a supervisor meeting, giving numbers to people(me) so they can help out whilst the svr on breaks and what not.
They used the excuse of "budget cuts". What does getting svision numbers have to do with money?
The closest thing I'd be for having SVR numbers, would be called a "Training supervisor", which does not get me the extra $1 allowance anyway, so why are they using the money card?

HSC
Mass multiquote to follow, but I will rant first.....

I did 12.15-10.15 today. I walked out of my exam this morning at 11.15 to see two missed calls, I got three more steps towards the bus stop to get a panicked call from my 3IC having a panic attack. I was just like, STOP, calm down, you can't change that this morning was shit, I will be there ASAP.
(They had sent one of the FT girls home because she got her nose pierced, so thats 38 hours a week that need to be covered for the next two weeks, and then another 25 hours a week part timer has gone on holidays starting today, but did not tell us she was still rostered on for today and tomorrow. Then a no show. So by 11am my 3IC was kinda losing the plot (CSM is on holidays, 2IC was in meetings all day).

I get there and its massively busy. I jumped on express, but we really needed mains open badly. Problem being, I'm not supposed to be on mains (at orders of my CSM, previous SSM and people at rehab at the Kewdale office - who in fact don't even want me in express). Then there's another woman in express who has back problems, and another woman who has been working with us since February and cannot yet be trusted out of the direct sight of a supervisor. So my SSM comes up, and gets me to open a main, which I do, until I can feel my shoulder getting sore so I closed and went back to express. Five minutes later, she sends me out again. I went out, but was pretty annoyed and let my SSM know. Basically her attitude is that I have a medical clearance that I am fit for pre-injury duties, so thats that. NEVER MIND THE FACT THAT KEWDALE/MY CSM/THE OLD SSM KNOW THAT IT WAS A PREEXISTING INJURY THAT THEY KNOW COULD ARISE AGAIN.
Grr. So we sent the dodgy operator out instead. But then our 2IC came downstairs and abused our 3IC for doing so. And then told her and I that I should be the one supervising and our 3IC on a main.

Then we get to 3pm and we're doing rosters. Yes, its thursday, 3pm, and we haven't started even the supervisor rosters. I agreed to do wednesday 7-3.30 sup, and friday 7-11 sup on the condition that I get thursday night off entirely. Yeah that turned into a massive argument. But I got what I wanted.

Oh, and we had to cut a zillion hours from the grid. At 7pm we went from 11 operators to 5. FML. Pretty much left my SSM in express all night, and the supervisors don't serve rule went flying out the window.
I noticed that as a result that no bread markdowns were done...

Thats why we left at 10.15. And smokes are still in the cage. But I now have tomorrow off, thanks to a local high school having a pupil free day tmoz <3

Hrmm. This is an interesting suggestion. Do you think it'd be a bit TOO forward if I went about it like this? Like I'm putting her in an ultimatum position, when I wouldn't quit unless I had another job lined up anyways. I don't think she'd necessarily listen to me anyways - I've asked her for things in the past (like to change my contract) and all she does is say she'll think about it and call me (which she never did even thought I brought it up again 2 weeks later). She also does this to other people, so yeah, she doesn't seem like someone who gets talked into considering things.
I put myself forward in a similar manner to a CSM that I really hadn't worked with. Basically I overheard her talking to a supervisor that she had only just trained who was saying she was planning on leaving in two months. So I pretty much said later on, look, I overheard your conversation with x, our old CSM started supervisor training me, I'm interested, I know I'm not the person you want but think about it.
Three weeks later they started retraining me.

im glad im casual..

14.47 sounds so much better than 12.68
Used to be 15.60 :cry:

Gonna miss you! I'm fairly sure we started supervising the same weekend back in the day :eek: Fairly sure both of us had a disastrous first shift too.
Best of luck :)

Perhaps somebody can enlighten me on this situation.
A supervisor of mine recently mentioned in a supervisor meeting, giving numbers to people(me) so they can help out whilst the svr on breaks and what not.
They used the excuse of "budget cuts". What does getting svision numbers have to do with money?
The closest thing I'd be for having SVR numbers, would be called a "Training supervisor", which does not get me the extra $1 allowance anyway, so why are they using the money card?
That is utter utter bullshit. Giving you supervisor numbers is a matter of upping your operator privileges from level 2 to level 3. Tick of a box.

john-91

HSC
Hi everyone :)

Quick background on myself, 19, part time checkout chuck, sup on thursday nights and smokeshop/sup on saturdays with my CSM or 2IC.

Managed to stop a theft tonight, a guy tried to walk out of the store with $340 worth of meat, and a frying pan. Quite happy with myself :spin:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
how shit is this. im working 5 days this week, called in sick 1 day, and then they decide to call me in on friday, my day offf. freaking.
RAWR >=/
not happy

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
how shit is this. im working 5 days this week, called in sick 1 day, and then they decide to call me in on friday, my day offf. freaking.
RAWR >=/
not happy
So if you weren't happy about it one would assume you said no?

NNS7

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone :)

Quick background on myself, 19, part time checkout chuck, sup on thursday nights and smokeshop/sup on saturdays with my CSM or 2IC.

Managed to stop a theft tonight, a guy tried to walk out of the store with $340 worth of meat, and a frying pan. Quite happy with myself :spin:

welcome and well done! that's a lot of meat! how did they try to steal it? I know an old trick was to hide it in empty bulk coke packs.

I also caught two thieves today, I was in shopping at my store in my civies, buying some toothpaste, when I saw two ferals stealing cosmetics, putting them in jumpers they were carrying. Quickly alerted CSM who was on the floor, and we followed them around the store, once they realised they were being watched they ditched it all in the dairy case and ran off. totaled around $200! the SM came down to see what all the fuss was about and was like "WTF isn't it your day off?" I'm like "I thought so too" lol

brookie94

HSC

Goodluck!! Have fun :) byeeeee! Xx

HSC

Your FREE! from bitchy customers, annoying dickheads, irritating employees! But that was really nice what the SSO did :) wish mine was that nice and NOW :dog: FREE FROM WOOLWORTHS! your free never have to do a christmas eve or new years eve shift again! have a great trip overseas!

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
So if you weren't happy about it one would assume you said no?
2ic was practically begging me.

no-one else to cover the shift - everyone was still in school/uni/working already. =.=
PHWOAARRR!!

also was asked today if i wanted to become 3ic. Should I? Currently looking for another job; but not sure if I'm gonna be getting another job in my career path anytime soon.. .hm

john-91

HSC
welcome and well done! that's a lot of meat! how did they try to steal it? I know an old trick was to hide it in empty bulk coke packs.

I also caught two thieves today, I was in shopping at my store in my civies, buying some toothpaste, when I saw two ferals stealing cosmetics, putting them in jumpers they were carrying. Quickly alerted CSM who was on the floor, and we followed them around the store, once they realised they were being watched they ditched it all in the dairy case and ran off. totaled around $200! the SM came down to see what all the fuss was about and was like "WTF isn't it your day off?" I'm like "I thought so too" lol
This guy just put it all into a trolley, then pushed his way through a checkout and told the checkout guy his wife or brother had the receipt, we caught him as he was leaving the store, well done on your save as well!

HSC
2ic was practically begging me.

no-one else to cover the shift - everyone was still in school/uni/working already. =.=
PHWOAARRR!!

also was asked today if i wanted to become 3ic. Should I? Currently looking for another job; but not sure if I'm gonna be getting another job in my career path anytime soon.. .hm
You may as well while you look for something else, you practically live there anyway...

This guy just put it all into a trolley, then pushed his way through a checkout and told the checkout guy his wife or brother had the receipt, we caught him as he was leaving the store, well done on your save as well!
Every single public holiday, sometime around 3.30, someone tries to do this in my store. Pretty used to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)