The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Hey has anyone else noticed how bad Woolworth's spelling/grammar is in their internal communications? In the explanation of the new ATMA thing they used 'breech' instead of 'breach'. And I always notice heaps of really pedestrian errors which I impulsively correct.

Also, my CSM always used the wrong 'their' and 'there'. And at my old store they put up a sign saying "Hot Cross Bun's" aaarrrgghh.

The store level things are expected cos most of the managers aren't highly educated (not a criticism, just a fact), but you would think that the stuff coming from HQ would be a bit better.

HSC
Hey guys, I applied for a job at woolworths last friday, I know I am impatient, but how long should I expect to wait before I receive a reply? How long did it take for you guys to get a reply when you applied for your jobs?
It really depends - I was contacted for an interview the next day, while others have never heard back. Good luck though!

NNS7

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, I applied for a job at woolworths last friday, I know I am impatient, but how long should I expect to wait before I receive a reply? How long did it take for you guys to get a reply when you applied for your jobs?

I applied for everything that I could possibly work and never heard anything for months, until out of the blue a HR officer called me and asked me if I could attend an interview that day for a position that I didn't apply for. The rest is history lol Bizarre system I know. If its any help they are gearing up for the Christmas recruit in my region at the moment.

bensneddon

HSC
i don't think so, but the 'Galaxy programme' is set to roll out in a phased approach over the next five years, its aim is to replace our host merchandising (CASS) with SAP software (like storeline) so i assume that we will no longer use backoffice or host access??? im not sure if people planner is part of this programme

Edit: unless there just changing the "Behind the scene software" not sure, anybody know?? (*Looks at Townie*)
Back Office is being replaced by ISIS (check StoreNet for details - it's currently being piloted in a region)

The WorkBrain project (the replacement LMS - PeoplePlanner) was scrapped because it failed the pilot stage.

oneway24

HSC
hey, i was just wondering your opinions on this,
i started with woolies last yr, and was offered a contract for 3 days a week in service. i had to say no as the hours didnt suit, but am now really regretting this.
do you think they will ever offer me a contract again or am i stuck as casual for the rest of the time im there? what should i do?
thanks.

NC8000

HSC
N/A
Back Office is being replaced by ISIS (check StoreNet for details - it's currently being piloted in a region)

The WorkBrain project (the replacement LMS - PeoplePlanner) was scrapped because it failed the pilot stage.
We use ISIS in both BWS and Dan Murphy's. Its a great program.

Forget 5 years to replace CASS, promotions and produce are the first to go over, the rest will be a while after that. dates have already been pushed twice. expect a lot longer than 5 years and god knows when Big W will roll over, they are last on the list(hehe)

Harry778

HSC
whats the go with my Office numbers? I was put in as Service Manager access and now only today went it and only have Service Supervisor. Not happy Jan!
Can you change them with Office Cashier access? Cos I have them too. Can you change them over with that?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
whats the go with my Office numbers? I was put in as Service Manager access and now only today went it and only have Service Supervisor. Not happy Jan!
Can you change them with Office Cashier access? Cos I have them too. Can you change them over with that?
you could change it with office cashier access, but that would probably be a close to sackable offence. why on earth do you need service manager access anyway?

edit: chances are u were removed because your not supposed to have access.

edit2: it's not even that great anyway, all u can do is add/remove operators (which office access grants you anyway), store performance data and void/refund reports.

Last edited:

Pilotman

HSC
Lol our CSM was a cow and used to do it all the time but i had systems operator and office cashier priv's so just changed it to what i wanted it to be!

So whats ISIS going to be like, anything remotely similar to back office?

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Are you guys only just getting ISIS? afaik we've (as in NZ) have had it for years.

I assume we're talking about the same program (in store information system)

Harry778

HSC
you could change it with office cashier access, but that would probably be a close to sackable offence. why on earth do you need service manager access anyway?

edit: chances are u were removed because your not supposed to have access.

edit2: it's not even that great anyway, all u can do is add/remove operators (which office access grants you anyway), store performance data and void/refund reports.
Dunno, just had Service Manager since I started. Guess your probably right.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol our CSM was a cow and used to do it all the time but i had systems operator and office cashier priv's so just changed it to what i wanted it to be!

So whats ISIS going to be like, anything remotely similar to back office?
dont think so, from what i've read when bored on storenet it looks like it's just Stock Management, but with the back office functions rolled into it

bayside9

HSC
I'm not sure about the exact mechanics of them, but basically they are a loss prevention device. if truck door opens or whatever, this breaks the seal, since the driver will know in advance how many stops he will be making, the seal number should correspond to the right location (if that makes sense)

e.g. liquor truck is going from warehouse -> Mona Vale -> Boronia Park -> Macquarie Ryde -> Etc.

the warehouse will initially seal the truck with say seal number A06899, when it arrives at mona vale, seal is broken, and new seal is put on A06900 if it arrives at boronia park with seal number A06901 instead then you know somebody has opened the truck door and may have taken something.

Unsealed deliveries should NEVER be accepted (if they are supposed to be sealed), unless you have been advised by logistics before then, and even then you should check that nothing is missing from the truck.
Cheers for the help. Where about are the seals kept, assuming the truck has just arrived?

mlee72

HSC
Cheers for the help. Where about are the seals kept, assuming the truck has just arrived?
the truck driver has the seals -you break the seal (it should match whats written next to your store number on the drivers run sheet, then the driver gives you another seal you check that the number matchs the next seal number on the run sheet - seal it, sign the run sheet and the storeman at the next store does the same

nzhomie

HSC
Hey guys, just want some confirmation do are woolworths australia and woolworths the same thing. Im asking this beacuse at the end of the year i am planning to move back to New Zealand and attend university over there and wondered if i could transfer to a position in one of their stores.

I currently work at Woolworths as a LongLife Assistant have been at the same store for about 2.5 years.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Hey guys, just want some confirmation do are woolworths australia and woolworths the same thing. Im asking this beacuse at the end of the year i am planning to move back to New Zealand and attend university over there and wondered if i could transfer to a position in one of their stores.

I currently work at Woolworths as a LongLife Assistant have been at the same store for about 2.5 years.
Well Woolworths LTD Australia owns Progressive Enterprises LTD which owns Woolworths, Foodtown and Countdown. Woolworths and Foodtown are exactly the same, have the same products/promos etc, and Countdown is a budget-er version.

To answer your question, as far as I know you cannot transfer. However when applying at your local store you should get preferential treatment as you have experience with the company. Generally I think our operations are the same (Although our uniforms are better :p)

Out of interest what area are you planning to go to?

Last edited:

nzhomie

HSC
Im planning on attending Canterbury university and doing a Bachelor of Commerce or Otago universtiy and doing a Bachelor of Applied Science. It would be good having a part time job like i do at the moment so i have a bit of income to fund the drunken nights out.

LadyMarmalade

HSC
How does one get a job as an Office Cashier at Woolworths? What do they look for? Do you need to be working on the checkouts? I am currently doing some casual nightfill work but I would prefer to work in the office. Does anyone have any tips? :wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)