• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
At our store,we only seem to use:
Service 15 - Visitor
Service 20- Customer Assistance(Although,its usually just "X Please Call to service desk for customer assistance
Service 30
Service 40
Service 60(OCCASIONALLY)

And WTF? Service 80? We don`t have that! our bins are unlocked all day until the end of the night
I was told nobody has ever heard of a service 80. The sheet says "Service 80 - the bins are unlocked and staff need to clear waste now".
Not sure :p

quick90

HSC
no problem, but arent they $22.50?
Turns out I registered for "woolworths" not "woolworths the fresh food people" haha
It was showing me the fuel stations uniforms instead

New Fresh Food hats! They are listed to buy, I wonder if we have to supply our own hats now?

Last edited:

SS-champion

HSC
Just registered at the new uniform site and the new uniform looks good. Are the shirts much different from what we have now? It's hard to tell by the pics.

And who is allowed to wear those jackets? looks more formal

Craven

HSC
Haha, "view larger image" is actually a smaller picture :p I wonder if they will update the CSM vest. I wasn't very impressed with earlier images I saw of the new uniform, but it's growing on me now... wonder how far away they are...

Ok, at our store we've always said Service 100 for security breach (shoplifters, etc), Service 200 for First Aid required (there's been plenty of incidents - heart attacks, falls, skulls cut open!) since really, as if you need to call "service 200" for a product withdrawal... we just get the DM to contact the service desk for things like that. Service 20 is for calling our checkout staff back to the registers - if it's a staff member from another department it's "express alert". Service 50 for pickup, service 5 for change orders, back in the days of parcel pickup (it's gone after our refurb hooray!) we used service 35 for a pickup to go out, service 15 for someone to answer the parcel pickup door.

to paraphrase "lol, just realsed we didnt want to waste hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of wish gift cards, so you'll have to keep using the old ones till they run out"
Haha, I remember reading that in the store release document and thinking "wtf? are they stupid?"

bensneddon

HSC
It's much the same at my store as above, except Service 50 is 'First Aid' - we don't seem to have a call for pickups. Oh and Service 200 is 'Product Withdrawal'
Service 50 is no longer for pickups, as it is a breach of policy (as per Front End Security) to announce pickups on store PA. When it was changed, they introduced service 50 as First Aid instead.

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
Service 50 is no longer for pickups, as it is a breach of policy (as per Front End Security) to announce pickups on store PA. When it was changed, they introduced service 50 as First Aid instead.
seems like service calls differ from store to store. don't suppose it really matters, but management could make it consistent to clear up the ambiguity.

i do like the shirts worn by the petrol attendants. just the 'woolworths' logo with out the green mark.

bensneddon

HSC
I did notice this change. Annoying, though I do understand.
If you need to notify service cashiers about pickups, why not use the Register Messages function in StoreLine? Works very well, cashiers have no excuses and no need to announce it over the PA :)

ekul444

HSC
N/A
If you need to notify service cashiers about pickups, why not use the Register Messages function in StoreLine? Works very well, cashiers have no excuses and no need to announce it over the PA :)
Agreed, there is no chance of you missing the message on the PA. :) Havnt seen it done in a while though :p

Craven

HSC
I always hit send about 5 times so they get the idea, because so many people just hit clear without even taking notice :p

We used to have an aircom system, but now have a lamson system since the refurb.. we used to whinge about how shit the old one was.. this one has been broken about 50% of the time! (the capsules keep getting stuck up there, thankfully this time there was no money in the capsules). Starting to get annoying...

Craven

HSC
Haha, well if they don't send a pickup I then send a more individual message (if I'm a bit bored) "*name* can you please send a pickup now thanks :)" :p But I usually go down and go along and do it myself because they always leave way too much money in the draws.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Do normal cashiers send their own Pick ups? Here Supervisor's are the only people allowed to pick up from a register.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
oooh, there seems to be different shirts for normal staff, and management, should i get one of the management ones, or normal ones?

yoddle

is cool
HSC
seems like service calls differ from store to store. don't suppose it really matters, but management could make it consistent to clear up the ambiguity.
It is consistent, what it says on the little sticker that should be up beside all microphones in every store, just like the one iMathew posted. Just some stores have different traditions. Ours are just like the set ones, we use service 80 and service 200. But A/O is upstairs so they get cranky about those things.

I always hit send about 5 times so they get the idea, because so many people just hit clear without even taking notice :p
STOP. THAT. NOW.
One of my greatest pet hates!
I GOT THE FUCKING MESSAGE THE FUCKING FIRST TIME! ! ! ! ! !
If i haven't sent it up yet it's because the express line is five miles long and it's just got longer BECAUSE I HAD TO STAND THERE PRESSING CLEAR FOR FIVE MINUTES.
spawn of satan.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
So i just looked on that website - currently at my dial-up house grrr - and there is a category for 'store and service management' with $30 shirts (without a fuckfacing picture) so i'm guessing that these shirts will replace the supervisors vests?

Also, the aprons are funky. So, say i ordered one today, and then it gets sent to me in a couple of weeks, am i allowed to wear it even if no one else is? Does anyone ACTUALLY have confirmed dates for the uniform changeover?

JasRulz63

HSC
I was just wondering when you get paid for first part induction? I had it last Friday and Saturday, handed my forms on on Friday. Is ir after you've completed all training?

My name badge uses a stupid clip lol, I want a pin one! :(

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
You get paid on Wednesday. If you handed your banking information in BEFORE the induction, which you should have (but nobody does), that's fine.
If you haven't, you will be paid in lump sum when your bank details are valid.

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)