• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

HSC
Oh god had one of the worst customers today, she calls out to me across the store "Yoohoo are you the express register?" and i nod at her and she comes over to me and says, "This is $2.99 and they are 50% off how much are they originally?" and i'm like, "There $5.99 then" and shes like, "Ohh so it is $5.99" and im like, "No it is 2.99" god people infruiate me!

got rostered on to do 7-2 tomorrow but i'm like no my holidays start at 12pm today and no more working until febuary woohoo

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
Off until the 18th! :) Followed by A LOT of SCO Shifts,including training a new attendant.Once she is trained, I will be spending every second Thursday Night in Smokeshop :) I`m Looking forward to that! Something different!:)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Haha maybe, is this a new thing or..?
Why is the government making places cover up that sort of thing when the whole campaign was introduced to make people see them? Seems like they are defeating the purpose a little, doesn't it?
Probably to stop us addicts from impulse buying something we're going to buy anyway ;) It is a new thing though, yes.

fml. i start at 6 tomorrow. not too sure how i'm going to get out of bed.

(and yes, i am aware that plenty of people start at that time or earlier all the time. but i don't. so yeah ;))
Hehehe I know you're aware, but ;) 5 am and about to leave for work, OMG I'M LAAAAATE! :sun:

so do we, but ours are green. we do though have a 1sq m area that we are allowed to have open on display. been like this for almost 3 yrs here.
Apparently we aren't allowed any on display, and they cannot be refilled during trading hours, and blah blah blah.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
so do we, but ours are green. we do though have a 1sq m area that we are allowed to have open on display. been like this for almost 3 yrs here.
Likewise. They're a massive pain in the arse.

It's so weird thinking you're just getting out of bed at 5AM when it's been daylight for like four hours here.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
well its 5.19 and i'm successfully out of bed and eating, so win on my part! haha, i seriously hope that this shift does NOT become permanent though, even though it would be so good around uni and all.
If it did become permanent you would get used to that time, infact you would probably grow to LOVE that time...When I first started going in at 5am, I hated it...getting out of bed was the worst part, but now, come 4am I'm out of bed, onto the PC for 10 mins to do some emails/check a few things, have a bit of breakfast, freshen up and out of the door at 10 to 5.

It's brilliant because now I'm back as 2IC, yes I might start at 5 but my day finishes at 11....therefore I have the rest of the day to do.....well nothing :)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Eurgh. On one level that sounds horrible, but on another so GREAT because we have very little storage space for cigs at the service desk and are always running out the back for more, so it'd be great to be just like 'soz this is all we have?'

What are the customers like about it?

JumpingPeanuts

HSC
at my store we just fill the cigarettes up during the day from the cartons under the desk, they are hidden by the black strip though and regardless that we fill them the popular ones are usually gone by about midday. but then again my store is in a huge shopping complex

Craven

HSC
we have about 2/3 covered & we fill all the time and bring down the load when it gets delivered and sometimes mark it off there! that's QLD for ya lol...

yay WBS all good :D but annoyed @ people not filling out the bank rec form properly! thank god for whiteout, that's all I can say...

also a note from our SSS saying that no one is to start funds management routines until 7am (and no registers should be pos-locked before 8am) and that comms need to be done before 8am (when we open). i'm sure phoenix said we don't need to do comms before trade ???

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
apparenlty they were filming the everyday rewards ad in our store very early this morning. They were there for 3 hours ... i started at 6am and didn't even notice them. >_>

but woot for working full time hours!~~ >_>
been working these hours for quite a while. it sucks.

Harry778

HSC
Smoke shop progress report was rather good! =D yayyy. Lol.

Tomorrow off!!!

SS-champion

HSC
apparenlty they were filming the everyday rewards ad in our store very early this morning. They were there for 3 hours ... i started at 6am and didn't even notice them. >_>

but woot for working full time hours!~~ >_>
been working these hours for quite a while. it sucks.
what store do u work at?

PyroTek

HSC
I marked off the smokes load in literally 10 mins flat, was proud

Anyone know if in QLD there are junior rates for grade 5 payrates?

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Yes...

That means that our store which is open for like 15hrs can not refill once. That means that after 9:00, 2 hrs after open all the populars are gone, and 5hrs, all the rarer ones are gone. Also, we cant fill the smoke load till after the store has closed, which means that all the popular ones are empty (with none left) for most of the day. VERY annoying.
Yeah, my store's open for 16.5 hours every day... apparently it's killing front end's lives!

ppshy1

HSC
hey guys i am doing accounting degree in uni and not enjoying it at all. Very different to high school stuff in which i excelled. Got 48 in my VCE accounting.

Anyway i work in a small store and my department manager had a car accident and they couldn''t get a replacement for another 2-3 weeks.

My store manager called and asked if i could fill in and i did. I got paid normal casual rates so i was happy with it. Now the department manager is back.

My store manager did mention that he was very impressed how i ran the department and asked if i ever considered going into management. He offered to talk to the HR guys himself to recommend me.

I am now always thinking about what he said. I am considering but but want to know what the department managers get paid. I didn't want to ask the manager coz didn't want him to think i was too shallow.

cheers

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
we have about 2/3 covered & we fill all the time and bring down the load when it gets delivered and sometimes mark it off there! that's QLD for ya lol...

yay WBS all good :D but annoyed @ people not filling out the bank rec form properly! thank god for whiteout, that's all I can say...

also a note from our SSS saying that no one is to start funds management routines until 7am (and no registers should be pos-locked before 8am) and that comms need to be done before 8am (when we open). i'm sure phoenix said we don't need to do comms before trade ???
Strange, I thought Marty had ordered that price increases not be done untill the store opens so they can be on display for 1 hr.

And LOL nobody has said anything to us about filling during the day, we still do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)