The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

brookie94

HSC
I know. It looks so queer. lol.

Btw - I've gotta great story to share.

Was working today, with manager and 2ic + 2 other staff members.
All of a sudden, we hear (2ic was aware of this) the store manager announcce over the PA - Attention customers and staff, we have a special guest here today in the store.
And then that guy went on the pa, said my managers name (whom I don't list for privacy issues), I love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?

My manager was like. You've gotta be kidding me. and went bright red. We all (par 1 staff member in the deli) went up to the service desk. and just saw him propose to her in person. It was great. All the customers stopped to look, checkout staff stopped serving, it was so nice.
AWWWW!!! thats so cute!!!! i think thats adorable!

brookie94

HSC
i got told by our previous ssm that if you get a regularish supervision shift - ie i generally do thursdays - then you are expected to have one, and be wearing it once the backorder issues are cleared.
I only ordered one, and i figure if thats the only one i ever have, then thats cool.

Hate to admit it was my turn to cry at work today.
:( <3

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Lol that's hilarious!

As for stealing the worst I've seen is last year an operator got done and confessed to stealing 1000's of $$ of cigis over three years! quite shocking. He worked close and would grab a couple here and there. he got busted by two staff members who were having a private convo in the locker room out of sight but saw him take two packets and put them in his locker.
The lamest I have seen is a night filler got fired for eating a packet of lollies that was damaged. DM dobbed him in. That sucks, your job for a packet of lollies
What an evil DM.

Kinda true, they are also for supervisors, but I'd only bother getting one if you do either a fair amount, or a regular spot of supervision. They are a few dollars more than all the other shirts, and look like pyjamas.
Well that's debatable. The customers love them, I got like a thousand compliments about how snazzy i looked yesterday.

I know. It looks so queer. lol.

Btw - I've gotta great story to share.

Was working today, with manager and 2ic + 2 other staff members.
All of a sudden, we hear (2ic was aware of this) the store manager announcce over the PA - Attention customers and staff, we have a special guest here today in the store.
And then that guy went on the pa, said my managers name (whom I don't list for privacy issues), I love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?

My manager was like. You've gotta be kidding me. and went bright red. We all (par 1 staff member in the deli) went up to the service desk. and just saw him propose to her in person. It was great. All the customers stopped to look, checkout staff stopped serving, it was so nice.
Did she say no?

We passed SMARTS this time, 84%. I wonder what happens if you fail twice in a row?

HSC
Well that's debatable. The customers love them, I got like a thousand compliments about how snazzy i looked yesterday.
Yeah but you are the sort of person who would look good in it/wear it well. I don't think I will.
In saying that, I did not wear white with red scarfs, vomit green, or green with spots well either, so I'm not going to complain.

I'm supposed to do 8.30-5.30 sup/5.30-7.30 cash office today, but yeah I'm not gonna get to work for 8.30. I texted the open supervisor last night and was like, yeah, not coming in at 8.30, see you sometime before 12 yeah? :p

(I will go in for 9/9.30, maybe...)

NNS7

HSC
N/A
Yeah but you are the sort of person who would look good in it/wear it well. I don't think I will.
In saying that, I did not wear white with red scarfs, vomit green, or green with spots well either, so I'm not going to complain.
Arg! I hated those scarfs! I'd wear stripes over scarfs any day.

What an evil DM.
Yeh, that guy was a real a$$hole.

yoddle

is cool
HSC

I'm supposed to do 8.30-5.30 sup/5.30-7.30 cash office today, but yeah I'm not gonna get to work for 8.30. I texted the open supervisor last night and was like, yeah, not coming in at 8.30, see you sometime before 12 yeah? :p

(I will go in for 9/9.30, maybe...)
How do you know if I would look good in them!? I'm currently in the process of giving my uniform away...

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Had my first 'emergency' situation today. A 2 year old boy pulled a glass bottle of soft drink off of the shelf, it hit the ground, exploded and shards of glass when flying into his face and cutting it quite severly. I heard it in the Store room, and grabbed the Spill kit thinking it was just a normal break, went round the corner to find him screaming and his face completely covered in blood and his Mum screaming as well.

Luckily there was an off duty paramedic in the same aisle who treated him with our First aid kit until the Ambluance arrived. Thankfully the boy didn't get any in his eyes...he was very lucky.

It was pretty scary. I can't imagine what his Mum was going through.

danberg

HSC
Had my first 'emergency' situation today. A 2 year old boy pulled a glass bottle of soft drink off of the shelf, it hit the ground, exploded and shards of glass when flying into his face and cutting it quite severly. I heard it in the Store room, and grabbed the Spill kit thinking it was just a normal break, went round the corner to find him screaming and his face completely covered in blood and his Mum screaming as well.

Luckily there was an off duty paramedic in the same aisle who treated him with our First aid kit until the Ambluance arrived. Thankfully the boy didn't get any in his eyes...he was very lucky.

Why we dont have a cage for 2 years olds at the front of the store remains a mystery to me.
Saves money: less damaged stock, less injuries, less :chainsaw:ANGRY staff!

Where are those idea forms when you need them????

ok maybe slightly ott, but its been one of those days!

Last edited:

PyroTek

HSC
Hah, my supervisor sent me to tea, I get up there, and time myself - as always
About 3 mins in, I think "I BET she is going to call me back soon" - sure enough, 4 mins into my break, she is already calling me back. I'm like "hell no!" - I walk back 5 mins later, and I see an operator look at me and laugh, and im like "xx called me 3 mins into my break!" and the operator is like "that's why im laughing!"

yoddle

is cool
HSC

We had a similar situation today. A three year old was running around after his sister with his pop top open, squirting orange juice all over the floor.

Ok maybe a little less emergenic, but whatever.

Great day today, as Sundays always are. The IGA was closed so the SM rang to give us an extra operator from 9-6. So good. It was my 4th last shift omg.

HSC
Wow beat my record on lack of sleep and working, Did a 8 hour day on 2 hours sleep 8-4, then got home and crashed and woke up feeling dreadful and rang in sick, my 21C was so guttered shes like, "Oh :( Feel better though!" think she really wanted me to come in and train some poor helpless soul on checkouts like yesterday lol. But I rang her around 8:30 and our store opens at 8 and I was supposed to start at 1, so plenty of notice

But next week only one shift :)

SUN: 13:00-18:00

Last edited:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Wow beat my record on lack of sleep and working, Did a 8 hour day on 2 hours sleep 8-4, then got home and crashed and woke up feeling dreadful and rang in sick, my 21C was so guttered shes like, "Oh :( Feel better though!" think she really wanted me to come in and train some poor helpless soul on checkouts like yesterday lol. But I rang her around 8:30 and our store opens at 8 and I was supposed to start at 1, so plenty of notice

But next week only one shift :)

SUN: 13:00-18:00
you have it easy.

11 hours (6 - 5) on 4 hours sleep. Did 5-3pm yesterday on 4 hrs sleep as well. -_-

Time for Job hunting.

5 days next week. Tuesd, Wed, thurs, sat & sun
=_=

CieL

HSC
I am sick of people who are drunk/high.
HAHAHA I feel your pain. I work somewhere which is around the corner from community housing and 50% of the customers are drunk and 10% are high.

You get used to it and desensitised. You can smell everything in their breath.

I've had times where my queue would double itself up because the guy I'm serving would be like unable to get his wallet out, he's standing there with his eyes rolling at the back of his head, and his friend gets his wallet out but doesn't know the PIN to his card, and the high guy randomly mashes a PIN but of course it's wrong, etc etc..

HSC
HAHAHA I feel your pain. I work somewhere which is around the corner from community housing and 50% of the customers are drunk and 10% are high.

You get used to it and desensitised. You can smell everything in their breath.

I've had times where my queue would double itself up because the guy I'm serving would be like unable to get his wallet out, he's standing there with his eyes rolling at the back of his head, and his friend gets his wallet out but doesn't know the PIN to his card, and the high guy randomly mashes a PIN but of course it's wrong, etc etc..
OMG I HAVE NOT SEEN YOU ON HERE IN FOREVERRRRR.
tis true.

how's things?

CieL

HSC
OMG I HAVE NOT SEEN YOU ON HERE IN FOREVERRRRR.
tis true.

how's things?
haha you're STILL AROUND!!
I came back to troll and find things to stir up.
And procrastinate like I did for a few years =p

CieL

HSC
lol. yep, still here.
you're not at coles anymore i presume?
My Coles was one of the 45 stores in NSW that got pwnd by FoodWorks.
So I'm still bumming around there doing odd shifts whilst I complete my degree.
I don't mind - the place is a place for entertainment and joy and I'm terrified of getting a 9-5 job because I'd be doing that for another 30yrs of my life.

HSC
My Coles was one of the 45 stores in NSW that got pwnd by FoodWorks.
So I'm still bumming around there doing odd shifts whilst I complete my degree.
I don't mind - the place is a place for entertainment and joy and I'm terrified of getting a 9-5 job because I'd be doing that for another 30yrs of my life.
Fair enough.
I also never want a 9-5 job, I'm quite happy doing 30+ hours one week, then something stupid like 10-15 the next. Works well for the moment.
How was going from Coles to Foodworks in the end?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)