The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

Xantios

HSC
N/A
Very sick of the 'fancy feast' ad they they seem to play ten times an hour. :newburn: What is even worse is their insistence on playing these sorts of ads after the store closes. To make working back till 2AM a bit more fun one of us will bring in a sound system to drown out the Woolies stuff. It makes work a little less tedious. :)

HSC
Hi guys! I apologise for not coming on here in like 18 months (I actually have really good reasons :p) but I need help and I know you will all be able to help amazingly :)

I'm rostered for self serve close on the first night we will have them. According to my CSM I'll get a storenet guide and thats it in order to work out what to do.

So, would anyone please be able to share a quick run down on what the general routine is and all. Obviously I understand if noone wants to help considering I haven't been on here in forever.

Cheers :D

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
Hi guys! I apologise for not coming on here in like 18 months (I actually have really good reasons :p) but I need help and I know you will all be able to help amazingly :)

I'm rostered for self serve close on the first night we will have them. According to my CSM I'll get a storenet guide and thats it in order to work out what to do.

So, would anyone please be able to share a quick run down on what the general routine is and all. Obviously I understand if noone wants to help considering I haven't been on here in forever.

Welcome back! :)

Some Stores may be different, but here's our procedure (keep in mind we have to old self serve, so some of the doors etc may be different).

We:

1. Go to each machine, touch the woolies logo and scan your barcode. Press "PRINT Cash Management Report (or something to that effect). A Receipt will print out. Go back to the machine and press "Close Lane". Do this for Each machine. The Reports go up to invoice with the money.

2. Go to each machine and open the black door near the receipt printer (THIS IS ON THE ORIGINAL MACHINES). When open, there is a silver door. Open that and you will see a metal box with a handle and a yellow box. These are the ACCEPTORS . Pull out the metal Box and empty all the coins into the correct bag for that machine. Then pull out the yellow box and tip it upside down. There is a little switch thing at the bottom that you pull to open it. Open it and take all the notes out. Wrap a elastic band around the notes and put them in the bag. Tie with a security tag. Then re-insert both boxes and lock the doors. Repeat this on each machine.

3. Take all the bags to invoice.

That's our procedure, hope it helps :)

the way to go

HSC
Stingy as in rostering hardly anyone on, expecting you to make your customer the number one priority, do every job and get out on time? Or a different reason...
that, and we can't actually close the store atm because they don't wanna pay for repairs to the roller doors.

as for the injury report, I'm not exactly sure how, but I'm told any injuries at work or as a result of work need to be reported within 24hrs, presumably so they can fix the issue asap. maybe talk to a manager about it.

as for SCO pack up, ours is a little different, print cash report, go to pos, log off and I think we have the newest models of sco machines so this might be a little more relevant to a new setup I think, but we tend to take out certain things on certain nights lately, and some nights we take out EVERYTHING, so I guess it depends on what they want taken out. but on a normal night this is what our store does. it's not too dis-similar to t360s post but little details that might be all the difference of what you're looking for I guess

open up the bottom door, top right at note accptor, open door take out gray box yellow handle, open by pinching yellow tab on bottom, take notes out, make sure yellow springy thing is flat.
in line with that at bottom of machine, little flap door with hole in it, open flap take out gray plastic box, empty coins.
rubber band the notes and put in the same bag after the coins.

always have at least 2 people (security reasons, you can vouch for each other that no one stole unless you both take a cut :p) and always make sure the camera can see you and you're hands at all times, and keep hands out of pockets.

oh and don't leave the keys in the machine ;)

BSammy

HSC
Is it Sunday night you take out everything? It'd make sense with cash office having to enter counts for them.

nanakid12

HSC

Are you staying on here? :)

I broke our cigarette cabinet again, which is amazing. This lady I mentioned earlier also had words to me about "favouriting" one of the other operators, when I was doing no such thing. This operator always just gets off his register and stays off. He does jobs, so i just let him roll with it. At the end of the night I'm accused of favouritism. I was like, "What?!" She said "you've got something against me don't you? I'm going to be talking to someone about this."

So, this Thursday, I plan to do the exact same thing again and see what happens.

I didn't even let anyone supervise for my tea break that night, cos I knew she would turn it into an issue depending on who I chose. I locked the phone in the drawer and left. This lady also told me "that's illegal, you know?"

the way to go

HSC
Is it Sunday night you take out everything? It'd make sense with cash office having to enter counts for them.
yeah, but not every week though, I can't work it out, it seems pretty random tbh
---
re: the bitch
just say, yeah I've got something against you, you're a massive bitch and constantly threatening me, maybe that's why I prefer people who don't. if you keep this up and ill report you for harassment, because that's illegal, you know?
(on 2nd thought, maybe leave out the bitch bit)
fight fire with water, it's smarter and she'll stfu.

on the same lines about certain people doing jobs, is it just my store or do only guys do the other jobs and girls stay on registers all night? eg bags, drinks etc (not being discrimatory, but i realised it just a few weeks after I started a couple years ago, always wondered if it was the norm)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
At my store it's usually the guys that are shit at all jobs, it all depends though. I get the most skilled people to do the jobs (mixture of both girls/guys), otherwise you're just running around in circles.

nalim

HSC
I recently attended a group interview for Woolworths and passed that. Now I have a one-on-one interview. Does anyone have any tips regarding questions they would ask? Also its for a new store. Thanks

the way to go

HSC
there's literally a question sheet that they go through with every person, however, I don't have a copy or remember many of the questions.

but I can tell you to dress well (shows you'll wear the uniform properly) be calm, confident, and fairly talkative, they want someone who is able to talk and be friendly with customers, a little (tasteful) humour would help too, but apart from that its pretty much the basics, past work experience (it's not all that matters though, I had none), if you've done community service/volunteer work (not court ordered of course) mention that, when asked a about availabilities, they wanna know if you're available around Christmas and new year (that's why basically every store is hiring atm) so be sure, mentions any achievements or awards that you may have recieved at school or otherwise, always generally helpful.

that's all I can think of atm, hopefully someone else here remembers the Qs haha

NNS7

HSC
N/A
I recently attended a group interview for Woolworths and passed that. Now I have a one-on-one interview. Does anyone have any tips regarding questions they would ask? Also its for a new store. Thanks
unless it has changed from when I used to interview people you will be asked about:
Customer Service
Safety
Time Management
Using initiative
and your general motivations in wanting the role

The questions are pretty standard

Hope that helps!

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
BSammy, does the 2012 agreement have that clause where people performing the role of supervision/SSO/A will be paid no less than full adult wage? Went through the whole agreement and didn't see it, unless I missed it.
Also, what do you think will happen about supervision wage? The agreement basically says it's grade 3 but the info sheet in the tearooms ages ago said if we were already receiving grade 4 then we would still get it.

somegronk

HSC
does the 2012 agreement have that clause where people performing the role of supervision/SSO/A will be paid no less than full adult wage? Went through the whole agreement and didn't see it, unless I missed it..
Are you talking about those who are <20 performing those roles?
3.2.1 Junior employees shall receive the following percentages of the appropriate Grade 1 or 2 adult rate prescribed in sub clause 3.1.
The way I interpret that is that if you perform grade 3 or higher duties, then there is only the one rate regardless of age.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Are you talking about those who are <20 performing those roles?
3.2.1 Junior employees shall receive the following percentages of the appropriate Grade 1 or 2 adult rate prescribed in sub clause 3.1.
The way I interpret that is that if you perform grade 3 or higher duties, then there is only the one rate regardless of age.
Yeah I'm thinking that too, because it says the percentages only apply to grade 1 and 2. Cool.

sheepy111

HSC
N/A
i had an interview 2 wednesdays ago. at the end of the interview i was told that i was successful, and then told i would be contacted by woolworths soon. it has now been 9 days and i havent recieved a call. should i ring the store manager or just wait?

BSammy

HSC
Yeah 3.2.1 basically confirms the adult rates for grade 3 or above

Also, what do you think will happen about supervision wage? The agreement basically says it's grade 3 but the info sheet in the tearooms ages ago said if we were already receiving grade 4 then we would still get it.
No idea. :p

The savings provision at the end of the agreement only mentions those SSA's keeping their grade 4 rate (as long as they were in the office before november) but i really can't imagine them paying us less.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)