Timetables (1 Viewer)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Well, that's good to hear.

Everything is DIY, even turnin' up to uni ;)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
If it says Lecture_1, Lecture_2, you have to go to them both. But if in Lecture_1 there are like 3 different times you can take your pick. Likewise with Tutorials. Does that make sense?
in the timetable book, where it says, for example:

Lecture_1 Class01
Class02

Lecture_2 Class01
Class02

i can choose lecture1 class1 and lecture 2 class 2 right? i don't have to stick with the same class number

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
i have 2 more questions...
Is there a minimum number of units that have to be taken each semester? because from my options... all the ones i want are in first semester so that would only leave 2 core subs in second.. is that allowed?

And is it bad/not recommended to have a tutorial for a particular lectured straight after the lecture?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
@ iambored: It depends whether the subject has particular streams - that is, teachers who take particular classes. For example in ECON111 (last year, semester two), you had to match the class numbers. But then in ACST101 (last year, semester two), you didn't have to match the class numbers because one was a Techniques lecture and the other was an Elements lecture. Does that make sense? It depends on the unit.

@ *~Dazed~*: No, there isn't a minimum number of units you need to do each semester. However it's recommended for full-time students to undertake at least 9 CPs. It's also for your own good, unless you want to stay at uni for a long long time. :p

I don't under what you're asking, here:
Originally posted by *~Dazed~*
Is there a minimum number of units that have to be taken each semester? because from my options... all the ones i want are in first semester so that would only leave 2 core subs in second.. is that allowed?
It doesn't really matter if you have a tutorial before or after. Usually tutorials are meant to cover work done in the previous week's lecture.

^___^
HSC
i know all my subjects

i dun care the time(wether day or night)

so how do i fill that sheet!!!

so farken confusing!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
@ ...: Construct your timetable on Excel and after you've finished meddling around with that, copy it onto your sheet.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
flyin - ok, yeah that makes sense. well i'll just do what i think is right, and fix it when i get there.

dazed - you (well i have to) have to do 24cp in a year. therefore, should do 12 per semester.

assuming 1 subject = 3credit points
do you mean can you take 18 in first semester, and 6 in second? because that's just a huge load in first. it's recommended you split equally. and they recommend 3 hrs of work altogether (lectures + study) per credit point. so with 18 cp = 54 hrs of work.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i totally don't understand that last post!

anway, i have constructed my timetable online, from their site. then marked the ones i have no choice in, and then juggled and circled the ones i do have a choice in, to get the best timetable. it's easier than looking through the timetables book they gave us.

it's good to have the book and the online printoff

flyin - how do i know if for some of my lectures i have to choose both class01 for both lectures? or will they just tell me on the day?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
There is a maximum of 15 CPs for first years, per semester. It's not recommended unless you have a GPA of above 3.00.

And there isn't really a minimum, you can do however many you like, for (almost) however long you live.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
ok thanks....
hmmm ok i see.... my only dilemma is that i have to choose 9 credit points (3 subs obviously) of 'optional' units in first year and all the ones i want to do (have a choice of about 7, happen to be in first semester. So that means id be doing 2 core and 3 optional in first semester and only 2 core and one elective in second which would only total 9 units..

this timetable thing is such a hassle... but from what i see i can probably work around it and give myself wednesday and thursday off :D..
back to trying to work it out now

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Ah... I think I should make a few things clear:
* At Macq, units are equivalent to what you would call subjects at High School.
* Each unit has a certain number of Credit Points denoting how much work is expected. Usually for first year, the units have 3 CPs.

You'd be expected to do four subjects each semester such that you have 12 CPs each semester and a total of 24 CPs in total.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
ahhh ok ok thanks!!!!!!!!! sorry im getting all the bloody uni terminology mixed up.. :p

and fuck!!!! i just found out that 2 units that i want to do are on the exact same day and time!!!1 now this screws me up because im going to have to do a diff unit which means i wont have my 2 days off :(

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Well, you have days off... back in my day (2003), I had five day weeks with 9am or 10am starts... and now a year later - I have 5 days in semester one and 4 days in semester two. I have more of a case to complain :p

bong

HSC
damn me, 15 credit points in sem1, 20hrs of classes... assuming i go to all of them :p

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
ahaha serious? i have 12 credit points and 9 hours of classes lol...
unless i do my elective in first semester which would mean second semester id only have 9 credit points and 8 hours

shit is it possible to only have this much? i thought its at least like 12 hours lol

mememe

Originally posted by flyin'
There is a maximum of 15 CPs for first years, per semester. It's not recommended unless you have a GPA of above 3.00.

I thought the max. was 14 credit points? Does it increase each year, or do you have to apply for special allowances?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
or find out if one of the lectures are recorded in the library, and get it there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)