UMAT anyone? (no prep courses) (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Humans...
Yknow, i'm actually a little concerned for you.
Sometimes I wonder if you actually have a dissociative disorder of some kind that makes you dissociate yourself from who you are, and those around you. Or is that you have some form of warped superiority complex thatmakes you think that you're above all of us-above humans, and the human condition.
Or is robots an extended metaphor for something?

Maybe i'm overlooking things :p

HSC
N/A
Yep.

Please try this (no calculator allowed):
When the price of gold went up, a jeweller raised the prices on certain rings by 60%. On one ring, however, the price was accidently reduced by 60%. By what percent must the incorrect price be increased to reflect the proper new price?
a) 60%
b) 120%
c) 300%
d) 400%

Got it wrong in the spur of the moment =/
is it D?

I DON'T KNOW D:

But yeah. Does anyone know the structure of the UMAT and what they'll ask under each section?
I honestly know nothing about it

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Yknow, i'm actually a little concerned for you.
Sometimes I wonder if you actually have a dissociative disorder of some kind that makes you dissociate yourself from who you are, and those around you. Or is that you have some form of warped superiority complex thatmakes you think that you're above all of us-above humans, and the human condition.
Or is robots an extended metaphor for something?

Maybe i'm overlooking things :p
No I just think that humans are filthy and delicious.

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC
is it D?

I DON'T KNOW D:

But yeah. Does anyone know the structure of the UMAT and what they'll ask under each section?
I honestly know nothing about it
Haha, this is the type of stuff for section 1, hence I find it quite hard since they always try to trick you.
It's C
Assume the price was $100. The correct price is $160 and incorrect price is $40. NOW! DON'T BE FOOLED! You need to increase by $120 to get to $160. Thus, it's a 300% increase, NOT 400% increase.

:) I have many tricky section 1 questions.

HSC
N/A
Haha, this is the type of stuff for section 1, hence I find it quite hard since they always try to trick you.
It's C
Assume the price was $100. The correct price is $160 and incorrect price is $40. NOW! DON'T BE FOOLED! You need to increase by $120 to get to $160. Thus, it's a 300% increase, NOT 400% increase.

:) I have many tricky section 1 questions.
LOL

But where are you getting these questions from?

nike7

HSC
Are you sure the answer is C because by the following reasoning, the answer appears to be D.

If you let said ring be x, Once depreciated, the value is 0.4x, to get the ring to required 1.6x, we have to times it by 4 which is equivalent to a 400% increase.

The question never refers to the difference, mathematically the increase is 400% greater than the original price. If the faulty price is equal to 100% ($40=100%), the new price will need to be 4 times that to get it to the new price ($160=400%).

Alkanes

HSC
Lol wtf?? ^

I think it's either B or D.

Alkanes

HSC
Third row is obviously missing something black in colour and pentagon in shape.

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC
LOL

But where are you getting these questions from?
Lots of sources.

Are you sure the answer is C because by the following reasoning, the answer appears to be D.

If you let said ring be x, Once depreciated, the value is 0.4x, to get the ring to required 1.6x, we have to times it by 4 which is equivalent to a 400% increase.

The question never refers to the difference, mathematically the increase is 400% greater than the original price. If the faulty price is equal to 100% ($40=100%), the new price will need to be 4 times that to get it to the new price ($160=400%).
It's hard to understand (and hard to explain by typing) but look at it like this: Say you have a $50 item and want it to be $100. You'd increase the price by 100% to get to $100, right? Using you way, you would say increase price by 200%.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Correct B. Very well done guys. Make a logical reason now.

hayabusaboston

HSC
People the UMAT is a lot of IQ stuff, okay, and you can get a full UMAT test for free from the medentry website on zhangstaa's thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)