Victorian bushfires (1 Viewer)

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Dying in a fire would have to be one of the worst most terrifying ways to die.

I got carried away imagining it was my family and nearly cried yesterday. But I didn't because I'm hardcore and emotionless and stuff

..not really

:(
ditto. i cried a lot the last few days simply because it is so overwhelming.

ugh

HSC
No, they didn't, and you can bet your arse that every one of those people who died thought they knew how to survive.
im srry and take that back, it was a freak of nature. im guessing that the fire didnt travel down any existing fire cooradors, and with the front jumpin somthing like 7km in 14min (correct me if im wrong) thats movin

im on the pre-list to go down

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
It was travelling at speeds of 120km/h, it took 30 minutes to travel 50km.

The wind changes and conditions made it virtually impossible, and the intensity... Well..

They can revise strategy all they like, but unless there is a way to warn people 2+ hours in advance. That said, people will always stay.

Boxes

Banned
HSC

The wind changes and conditions made it virtually impossible, and the intensity... Well..

They can revise strategy all they like, but unless there is a way to warn people 2+ hours in advance. That said, people will always stay.
bogans are stupid. you don't see many people dying in californian fires do you?

that's because they're forced to exacuate. arnie gets in there and tells them all to "Gedout of here".

seriously though, there must have been early indicators. the bogans probably thought they could house down the fires using their garden hoses. and now they're dead. fucking idiots.

ziki

HSC
i dont get why people want to light our forest on fire. 180+ lifes were lost and expecting more.

if those arsonist were ever caught, australia should reintroduce death row just for him/her or them !!

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
bogans are stupid. you don't see many people dying in californian fires do you?

that's because they're forced to exacuate. arnie gets in there and tells them all to "Gedout of here".

seriously though, there must have been early indicators. the bogans probably thought they could house down the fires using their garden hoses. and now they're dead. fucking idiots.
There were no real early indicators. Initially residents in the Kinglake area were told the fire was no threat to them, but because it turned out to be several fires in different locations converging into one, there was little or no warning.

I don't think you comprehend just how quickly this happened, and if you payed any attention, you'd realise that the bulk of the fatalities occured with people being trapped in their cars trying to escape.

Don't be a fucking cock, this has nothing to do with 'bogans'

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I don't think people realise how fast it can creep up on you, one minute you're thinking you're okay, ten minutes later the wind changes and your front door is on fire. I remember back in like 2001 or whenever it was when there were fires near me that was the reason mum and dad decided to drag us off when it was still like 15km away because you never know.

If you're properly prepared (emphasis on properly) there's a fair chance you'll survive any close calls, but IMO if it's approaching houses better to just run for it and hope for the best. I'd rather be alive and temporarily homeless than foolhardy and dead.

Having said that though I can understand how people got caught. You think you have enough time to escape and you just don't, it moves too quick. Unfortunate but true :(

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think people realise how fast it can creep up on you, one minute you're thinking you're okay, ten minutes later the wind changes and your front door is on fire. I remember back in like 2001 or whenever it was when there were fires near me that was the reason mum and dad decided to drag us off when it was still like 15km away because you never know.

If you're properly prepared (emphasis on properly) there's a fair chance you'll survive any close calls, but IMO if it's approaching houses better to just run for it and hope for the best. I'd rather be alive and temporarily homeless than foolhardy and dead.

Having said that though I can understand how people got caught. You think you have enough time to escape and you just don't, it moves too quick. Unfortunate but true :(
Plus when trying to escape, a lot of people panic some worse than others which is when they get into trouble and potentially get killed.

HSC

hopfully we will learn somthing from it. i think there is a thin line before it creates mass panic though, but we do need somthing better

lol bogans, oh dear

Boxes

Banned
HSC
lol, tully's maths ain't up to scratch, ay nebz?

Boxes

Banned
HSC
Two separate things you fucks, read the news.
"It was travelling at speeds of 120km/h, it took 30 minutes to travel 50km."
-katie tully

would've travelled 60kms in 30 mins. fuck i love being a picky bastard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)