What are you attracted to? (1 Viewer)

The most important thing is:

• I'm a shallow person; how they look

Votes: 23 8.6%
  • I'm so deep; what's inside (eg personality)

Votes: 47 17.6%
  • I won't settle for anything less than looks and personality

Votes: 99 37.1%
  • It's not either; it's an unexplainable feeling

Votes: 98 36.7%

• Total voters

LazyBoy

HSC
actually natural selection, the good looking breed with the good looking, the ugly breed with the ugly. thus the good looking, intelligent people rise to the top because they have the best genes, the ugly dumbshits sink to the bottom.

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
LazyBoy said:
actually natural selection, the good looking breed with the good looking, the ugly breed with the ugly. thus the good looking, intelligent people rise to the top because they have the best genes, the ugly dumbshits sink to the bottom.
Basicaly if humans are involved, its artificial selection.

SharkBait

HSC
hmmm

i'm sure this is different to everyone...but personally, appearance and personality is equal in importance, but more importantly, there's gotta be something that attracts me to him...an indescribable feelin or an excitement everytime i see him. i dunno whether its a sense of humour or wit, just a package..

leathaface

Its a mixture... looks of course... first impression counts in this cold cold world I guess... but then I'm not immediately drawn by their looks, it'll also have to be their personality... no one likes a bitch. Its also her mindstate to me... is she the type who is lazy and likes to do nothing but bum and talking about love and guys all day long? Is she the type who knows where she's going in life? Has other things on her mind, like a balance between romance and her other priorities? I'd go with the later, but its an unexplainable feeling.

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
'the sensation on my fingertips...the attraction of things i cannot see. if the dreams, of a thousand poets, each more beautiful than the last, fail to explain, the same, inexplicable thing, that she is, she was, always will be, beautiful...beautiful to me.'

*cough* *cough* excuse me, i was becoming poetic there for a second, i feel that there is an energy that can be experienced when transfixed on someone, it wouldnt matter who they are, it's what they would seem to you, like you could see something in them, like a chemistry, something that would never let you pull away. I think that's what attraction is, so it's kind of undefinable...

sorry...i need sleep

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
looks AND personality. i cant deal with someone who has a sorry sod of a personality but i also dont know if i could stay with someone i wasnt REALLY physically attracted to.

Alex_H86

CEO of BoS...
HSC
It's definitely a mixture of things. But, I have to say that a great smile, amd mice eyes do it for me everytime.I love guys with dimples when they smile!!! ;)

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
These last few weeks I realised that I have a thing for the back of guys heads..... if the back of their head looks nice, there's an increased chance that they're hot (this is before I see their face). Their hair has to be really nice..... like thick hair, styled properly..... it sounds crazy, but I just have a thing for the back of their heads....

But anyways in responding to this thread:

The guy has to be somewhat attractive, but if they have a fantastic personality and intelligence, they seem to be more attractive. I like a fantastic personality and intelligence. I'd like to be able to have intelligent conversations with him and discuss/debate about stuff.

If a guy is really hot and has no personality and is 'dumb', he tends to become 'ugly' anyway. I'd easily get bored with this sort of person.

Thus, personality and intelligence is what I go for, but the person has to be alright looking. Oh, and taller than me :D.

I think i meet your criteria. Now lets get it on.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
gentlemen and intelligence
oh and they must have the right music taste and be good looking, not too hot
and must play an instrument, preferably guitar or piano

Last edited:

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Personality for me... I mean good looks are always good but its not something that would turn me off a guy. If I like his personality then great...of he looks good then thats even better but it doesnt really matter as long as they make the effort to look good.. eg, hygene wise like they have clean teeth they bursh or style their hair or... like they make an effort to make it look ok.. uless they have hair that sits right anyhow and yeah... basically if they mke the effort and arent slobby and clean their teeth and wear deoderant and make the effort to take care of themselves then thats fine with me...

crazy_kitten

HSC
MaryJane said:
I'm sure people will respond on here saying 'personality', but lets be honest with ourselves here! The first thing you notice about someone is their appearance, thus looks. Whether you're initially attracted to someone will determine whether you will pursue a friendship, thus discover their personality. The only way someone could legitimatly say personality is if they were blind. Or desperate (a point raised just then by my father!).
GAH! I beg to differ. I am friends with some people who are less than attractive. Sure I perve heaps, but when it comes down to choosing a partner personality comes first!!!! Sure looks play a small part. But I've learned to look past most peoples looks.

Last edited:

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
yeah.. like if some unattractive dude comes up to me and I havent seen him.. like if Im sittin down at a party havign a break from dancing etc and this guy comes outta nowhere and sits beside me and starts chattin me up.. he has the same possibilty of getting me as does someone who is hot. As long as the non attractive guys personality was right then I have no complaints.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
flipsyde said:
yeah.. like if some unattractive dude comes up to me and I havent seen him.. like if Im sittin down at a party havign a break from dancing etc and this guy comes outta nowhere and sits beside me and starts chattin me up.. he has the same possibilty of getting me as does someone who is hot. As long as the non attractive guys personality was right then I have no complaints.
Thats why being a guy is so good. Guys often choose girls based on looks. This is something that you can't change, ie. not everyone can be good looking. Girls however, mainly choose on personality. This is awesome, as you can change yourself to be more attractive to girls.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
well... changing oneself just for the girl can be foolish.. I have the tendancy to see through people so yeah....

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
I used to be attracted solely on looks. The older i get though... the more i realise that personality is way more important.

Last edited:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
^ The first use of 'personality' is meant to be 'looks', I guess?

Personality is all-important, for me. Looks are good, but looks will not and cannot build or maintain a relationship.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)