What car will you get as your first car? (1 Viewer)

assiduous

HSC
bumppity bump!
anyone help with insurance?
and can anyone give me their experiences with a 1.3L engine? e.g. a toyota echo.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Ridiculously underpowered, I don't feel comfortable driving something like that on a freeway. I don't generally like anything with a power to weight ratio of less than about 80kw per ton.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I didn't mind the Honda Jazz 1.3L but I preferred the Mazda2's peppiness. Not sure if you'll find one in the 7.5k budget though.

kfnmpah

HSC
i'm looking for something to replace my current lemon

either
audi a3 hatch
nissan tiida
peugeot 206 cab
mirage
charade
mazda bubble car

then when i'm thrashed it and am finished uni i will buy a second hand c180 kompressor 2d coupe for like 30k and c*nts that don't know any better will think i'm loaded

assiduous

HSC
I've started to consider Celicas. Do you think the insurance premium would be higher compared to getting a pulsar, civic?
Also, I'm just planning on getting third-party only.

kfnmpah

HSC
get comprehensive

when you run up the back of a beamer/merc/anything (you will), you'll be glad you did.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
I ran into some cunt and i was uninsured. Did no damage to my car and $2800 to his.

Still cheaper than insurance.

HSC
I want an Aston Martin but I'll prob just get a Ferrari in case I scratch it or something.

assiduous

HSC
get comprehensive

when you run up the back of a beamer/merc/anything (you will), you'll be glad you did.
But I thought Third-party covers the cost of damage to other cars?

Agreed. Don't wanna end up with a huge debt at such a young age because it'll take years to repay.
Doesn't Third-Party cover damage costs to other cars?

I ran into some cunt and i was uninsured. Did no damage to my car and $2800 to his.

Still cheaper than insurance.
You must have had bull bars? :O

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
comprehensive - covers damage to your vehicle and other property (usually to the tune of 10mil or something)
3rd party - same as above except you have limited (3-5k) or no coverage for your own vehicle
fire/theft - self explanatory

generally speaking, for most p platers/under 25s theres no advantage to comp unless you plan on writing off your car
you pay through the nose, as katie said most minor bingles will cost less than 1 years premium + excesses to fix (that's not considering increases in future premiums if you do claim)
most companies will give you a no claim bonus if you don't have any crashes anyway

having said that i have full comp on 2 cars + bike, all registered under a parents name because it costs like 1/5th as much that way
to each their own, you're an absolute idiot if you don't get at least 3rd party
if you can afford to buy another car if yours is suddenly ~not drivable~, then I wouldn't worry about comprehensive

kfnmpah

HSC
yeah well you're a sucka if your insurance is > than 2800

my comprehensive insurance on my green P's is $530 a year and it's insured for 13k lol.

Wight

ಠ_ಠ
HSC
yeah well you're a sucka if your insurance is > than 2800

my comprehensive insurance on my green P's is $530 a year and it's insured for 13k lol.
What the fuck do you drive and who is your insurer D:?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)