What did you choose for your HSC subjects? (1 Viewer)

boris

Banned
HSC
Aquawhite said:
Read the signature for what subjects I'm doing both in the Prelim. year and the HSC year! No exams or tests for the maths, since it's all over the holidays at the moment. hehe.

Total of 12 units. But in the HSC (year 12) I will have 3units of maths gone, so 9, but then I have to take up my Ext. 2 maths... so +1 unit. 10 units for the actual HSC year.
Not how it works little man, you will be doing 13 units in yr12 lol you dont just lose the 3 units from 2u maths + ext, you gain one for ext2. Thats why it used to be called 4U maths

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aquawhite said:
Read the signature for what subjects I'm doing both in the Prelim. year and the HSC year! No exams or tests for the maths, since it's all over the holidays at the moment. hehe.

Total of 12 units. But in the HSC (year 12) I will have 3units of maths gone, so 9, but then I have to take up my Ext. 2 maths... so +1 unit. 10 units for the actual HSC year.
No..that's not how it works.

If you do 4 unit maths, 3 unit becomes 2 units in terms of amount with 4 unit becoming 2 units in terms of amount counting towards your UAI.

But you still learn 2 unit maths in classes but it just doesn't count towards your UAI because if you do 4 unit maths, you won't get to do 2 unit HSC anyway.

boris

Banned
HSC
lyounamu said:

If you do 4 unit maths, 3 unit becomes 2 units in terms of amount with 4 unit becoming 2 units in terms of amount counting towards your UAI.

But you still learn 2 unit maths in classes but it just doesn't count towards your UAI because if you do 4 unit maths, you won't get to do 2 unit HSC anyway.
At our school the 4U gang did 4U work while we did 2U work :confused:
4U and 2U were on at the same time in the same classroom

aimhigh10

HSC
doesnt 4u just do the same work in a quicker time frame?

Miss Sunshine

HSC
N/A
haha melissa u didn't have to write that- it's already in ur sig.

oh well!:p

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
lyounamu said:

I understand where you are coming from, but I am doing it a little different to most people. In year 11 (next year, 2009). I will be doing my 2U and ext. 1 maths HSC exams. Since I'm accelerated I have to at least attempt ext. 2 maths; but I am not doing ext. 2 until I begin year 12 (2010). I will do my ext. 2 exam in 2010....

I know this is weird since I will be doing the 2U ext. 1 + 2 exams, but the 2U won't count to my UAI (or at least as far as I know). The reason why I said I will only have 10 units.... is because at the in year 12 (2010) I am only going to be studying 10 units worth THAT year, with the otehr 3 already completed. I still have the other units (but they're done already).

See where I'm coming from?

hypotamoose

HSC
I originally picked 13 units

3U English
2U General
2U Modern
2U Art
2U D&T
1U Religon (mandatory)
1U Visual Design

Buuuut, After getting my report and school cert results - i switched modern for pdhpe
and Visual Design isn't running so i have to do photography instead
annnnd i weasled my way out of madatory religion, so now i have 12 :)

fully223

HSC
Subjects in my sig.
Aiming for uai of 87+

HSC
Maths 2U
English ADV
Geography
Legal
Business
IT (VET)

TBK11

HSC
hmm i choose
1.English ESL
2.Exploring early childhood
3.Ceramics
4.Studies of religion II
5.SLR
6.Visual Design

total 12U
na jkz in my sig XD

irvine

USYD 2011 :D
HSC
Signature.
Not really a science or history person,
but i can drop one of them down the track because i have to do one extension subject offline >_>

camomile.tea

HSC
English ext 1
Maths ext 1
Chemistry
Legal Studies
Modern History

I'm thinking of dropping english ext for year 12 and picking up maths ext 2. Probably 75% sure on keeping the other subjects, but we'll see. If I really get into modern history, I could always pick up history extension. Gah. Decisions, decisions...

randomnessss

HSC
Uni Grad
3U Maths
2U Standard English
2U Chemistry
2U Physics
2U Engineering Studies
1U Fundamentals of English

Should I change any of my subject selections?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
randomnessss said:
3U Maths
2U Standard English
2U Chemistry
2U Physics
2U Engineering Studies

Should I change any of my subject selections?
depends.

I don't see any reason right now...

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad

what kind of a sub is that =S never heard of it before

XShiv

HSC
clintmyster said:

It's because you go to girra :p

kara42

HSC
Alex2 said:
Just curious,

Our Prinicpal was saying that our school is unlike most other schools in NSW, in that they already have the line pattern planned out, and the students pick their subjects off those line patterns, ie. everyone's choices will be compatible with the timetable.

On the other hand, our school lets us pick any subject (combinations) and they work out a 'best fit' line pattern to suit the majority (not all) of kids choices...

What's your school like guys?

When we picked our Year 9/10 electives in year 8, our lines weren't predertermined and mine all clashed with each other (all one the same line) so I hope it doesn't happen again. although this time we can put 'priorities' for each subject.

Alex
That's what our school does :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
clintmyster said:

It's like a subject that acts as an extra English class for people who do English (Standard) or ESL. It teachs basic stuff like listening, speaking, grammar and vocab, I think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)