What is your view on bisexuality? (1 Viewer)

So what do you think?

• Bisexuality is a legitimate sexual orientation

Votes: 26 76.5%
  • People who say they're bi are actually just waiting to come out as gay

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Bi people are just sexually greedy, and will have sex with anyone

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Bi people are more likely to cheat

• You're either gay or straight

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Bi people are no more likely to cheat than gay or straight people

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • A bi person will leave someone of one gender for the other

• Total voters
HSC
Well? I'm curious...

(EDIT: to know what others think :p)

EDIT #2: I should probably put it out there that I'm bi, which is why I started this post. Would be interested in hearing why some people hold the views they do about bisexuality, and maybe if there are other bi people on here.

EDIT #3: Here are some links:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/2280922...th/t/women-bisexuality-may-not-be-just-phase/

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2003/06/030613075252.htm

http://feministing.com/2011/08/23/necessary-scientific-study-proves-existence-of-bisexual-men/

Last edited:
HSC
Uni Grad
equally legit as hetero/homo, nfi why they'd be more or less likely to cheat

not sure why so many consider it some kind of phase or confusion

Lentern

HSC
I don't think bisexuality makes you more predisposed to cheat, however I suppose someone who is predisposed to cheat and is bisexual is likely to do it more often Idk. Likewise a bisexual is no more likely to leave one gendered person for a different gendered person anymore than they are predisposed to dump someone for a like gendered person. As for the other questions, they have fairly obviously correct answers and only extremely backward, regressive types would disagree.

Edit: Didn't the Kinsey reports say that on the Kinsey scale almost everyone is bisexual to an extent, but most people are predominately attracted to one gender to the point where the second attraction is almost negligible?

Last edited:

mirakon

nigga
HSC
a bisexual has more choices to pick when cheating

ReneeApple

HSC
Definitely a legitimate sexual orientation. I don't understand how people can think it's not, it genuinely doesn't make sense to me. I think that bisexuality transcends concepts of gender and instead focuses on the individual themselves.

And it is only ever the extreme ends of straight or gay who deny its existence, ie. somebody who doesn't have experience in the matter.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
Definitely a legitimate sexual orientation. I don't understand how people can think it's not, it genuinely doesn't make sense to me. I think that bisexuality transcends concepts of gender and instead focuses on the individual themselves.

And it is only ever the extreme ends of straight or gay who deny its existence, ie. somebody who doesn't have experience in the matter.
well I guess if we can have people with autism and downies.......

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I think you've got to be quite arrogant not to think that someone's attraction to someone else is not legitimate.

HSC
I don't think bisexuality makes you more predisposed to cheat, however I suppose someone who is predisposed to cheat and is bisexual is likely to do it more often Idk. Likewise a bisexual is no more likely to leave one gendered person for a different gendered person anymore than they are predisposed to dump someone for a like gendered person. As for the other questions, they have fairly obviously correct answers and only extremely backward, regressive types would disagree.

Edit: Didn't the Kinsey reports say that on the Kinsey scale almost everyone is bisexual to an extent, but most people are predominately attracted to one gender to the point where the second attraction is almost negligible?
Great post, Lentern. :)

Interesting that you raise Kinsey, as you're right, his theory was that most people were a little bi (especially women), but it seems that most people are more attracted to one gender.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)