What TV shows can you absolutely not miss? (1 Viewer)

HSC
But all those words aren't even hard! GG did give me the motivation to get into a good uni. Especially towards end of season 2/3 when they fight for uni spots at Yale. Lol.
That asian chick that ends up going yale is stellar. Coming from a year 10-going to year 11, ahem, *doing standard* vs. English extension 2 kid. Yeah, they are pretty big words (answering your very condescending question).

inJust

HSC
That asian chick that ends up going yale is stellar. Coming from a year 10-going to year 11, ahem, *doing standard* vs. English extension 2 kid. Yeah, they are pretty big words (answering your very condescending question).
I'm not trying to be condescending, trust me. And the key to doing well in english, is not knowing big words, but having sophisticated ideas.

inJust

HSC
What do you mean in terms of sophisticated ideas?
Say if you're doing Module B right? Critical Study of Text. Well, you have to show the marker that you pick up on ideas that other kids in the state don't. Showing that you have a more profound understanding than everyone else. If you argue the same point, and just use bigger words, the markers get bored.

HSC
Say if you're doing Module B right? Critical Study of Text. Well, you have to show the marker that you pick up on ideas that other kids in the state don't. Showing that you have a more profound understanding than everyone else. If you argue the same point, and just use bigger words, the markers get bored.
I very much agree on that. +1

HSC
Uni Grad
Before, I never wanted to miss these shows:

The Sketch Show
The Simpsons
Video Hits
The Chasers War on Everything
Yes We Canberra
The Hamster Wheel

Those shows give me good memories :)

But not only that, I also wouldn't want to miss SBS PopAsia :p

frippyful

HSC
OK this is the best question:
1. vampire diaries
2. jersey shore
3. pretty little liars
4. the lying game
5. secret circle
6. modern family
7. how i met your mother
8. gossip girl
9. new girl
10. kourtney and Kim take new york
11. keeping up with the kardashians

now that i see them all laid out, it really looks like a lot, but it doesn't feel like that much. btw, i am completely up to date with all of these shows. i know its really sad.

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
To all those people who have watched Sherlock BBC season 2, any promising theories on how Sherlock survived that fall? My mind isn't creative enough to generate any possible ways he could have survived because they all have some flaw in it.

timeslowsdown

Everything for the Lord
HSC
N/A
Glee. I know a lot of people don't like it, but I absolutely love it. Season 3 is definitely not as good as Season 1 and 2, but hey, it's still Glee.

epicFAILx

HSC
Sanctuary :D

..and apparently BBC Sherlock is that good, so it might end up being on the list too

epicFAILx

HSC
Before, I never wanted to miss these shows:

The Sketch Show
The Simpsons
Video Hits
The Chasers War on Everything
Yes We Canberra
The Hamster Wheel

Those shows give me good memories :)

But not only that, I also wouldn't want to miss SBS PopAsia :p
Yay, I love chaser~!
Pity its over :'(

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Yeah, it's the best. You laugh at their sheer stupidity and it's a guilty pleasure. You laugh at how you would never do the things they do in real life and how stupid their ideologies are.
They're probably all acting/being attention whores i reckon.

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
1. Dexter - Best TV series ever, I wouldn't miss this for the world!
2. Suits - This show is exactly my thing lol, it's me personified on a screen
3. Breaking Bad - Probably the most interesting show ever, it's really entertaining and the drama + acting is top class
4. Supernatural - Don't think I've missed an episode...ever! I love this show, i remember the premier back when I was in year 7 lol
5. White Collar - This show has class and quality, great storyline and absolute, quality entertainment if you enjoy drama
6. Fringe - Very absorbing storyline...if you miss an episode you've lost the plot, it's about alternate universes', fringe science etc. I love it, but it gets confusing at times
7. Mad Men - Just started watching it...OMG I love it <3 So good lol

I've been downloading every episode for a while now, usually using Megaupload...when I got shut down I was so pissed off lol. Now I use mediafire and other filesharing sites, but the days of ddl are limited, i'll have to start streaming soon lol.

I do watch House, Modern Family, Community, HIMYM and BBT as well.

I loved Lost and I started Alcatraz, pretty good so far :p

Ah I love my TV SHOWS!

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
To all those people who have watched Sherlock BBC season 2, any promising theories on how Sherlock survived that fall? My mind isn't creative enough to generate any possible ways he could have survived because they all have some flaw in it.
Don't spoil it for me!! I still need to watch it!

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
OT: Doctor Who, Sherlock, Gruen Transfer/Planet, HIMYM (though not so much anymore, just not feelin it), It's Always Sunny & Torchwood (before it finished :().

I know there are lots of popular theories RE: the laundry truck because it pulls in/out just before and just after the fall. I've also read a few about it being Moriarty's body because the news report on John's blog never mentions his body.

I like to think, myself, that it is just a body double or something. Because IIRC, he falls perpendicular to St Barts but lands parallel to it? Like, unless he tried to do some sick air twist. And with Molly's help, it would be pretty easy to identify the body as Sherlock's. And I mean, yeah a body double would be hard to find or whatever, but Irene Adler did it in 2.01

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yeah, it's the best. You laugh at their sheer stupidity and it's a guilty pleasure. You laugh at how you would never do the things they do in real life and how stupid their ideologies are.
Oh okay, I thought you were like watching to aspire to be them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)