Whats the deal with Art Express? (1 Viewer)

jamersonx

HSC
Wow. These works.. they're absolutely amazing!

Mine was held back.. did a series of darkroom/digital photos.

These are a couple of the darkroom prints, developed manually, film and all. These were mixed in with a series of digital dawn/dusk landscapes.. Had 28 prints all up.

They look alot better as darkroom prints.. Neg scanning doesn't really do film justice :)

tess_gee

HSC

These are a couple of the darkroom prints, developed manually, film and all. These were mixed in with a series of digital dawn/dusk landscapes.. Had 28 prints all up.

They look alot better as darkroom prints.. Neg scanning doesn't really do film justice :)

I love, love, love yours! Beautiful photographs - they will surely get into Art Express! Oh god so stunning... I love photography like that. Goodluck everyone!

By the way what is happening about this callbacks thing? There was a girl in my class who did a series of water colour portraits and they were PHENOMENAL and hers got sent back to the school... so does that mean she is not in?

nikilily

HSC
holy crap everyone who has put their bows up are soooo amazing, i have to do my bow next year and after seeing all these artworks i am shitting myself, to be honest i dont like the feeling of competition that artexpress creates, heaps of people in my art class feel that their artwork has to be chosen for artexpress otherwise its a failure, which is not the case at all. What's other peoples opinions of artexpress?

jamersonx

HSC
I love, love, love yours! Beautiful photographs - they will surely get into Art Express! Oh god so stunning... I love photography like that. Goodluck everyone!

By the way what is happening about this callbacks thing? There was a girl in my class who did a series of water colour portraits and they were PHENOMENAL and hers got sent back to the school... so does that mean she is not in?
haha, thankyou!

Yeah, I'm not sure actually, some people are saying works that were sent back may still have a chance of being selected, others disagree.. I guess we'll find out in the weeks to come!

jamersonx

HSC
holy crap everyone who has put their bows up are soooo amazing, i have to do my bow next year and after seeing all these artworks i am shitting myself, to be honest i dont like the feeling of competition that artexpress creates, heaps of people in my art class feel that their artwork has to be chosen for artexpress otherwise its a failure, which is not the case at all. What's other peoples opinions of artexpress?
Yeah, I think its safe to say that Art express is only a small portion of the amazing talent and creativity that is out there, even if a work isn't nominated you can still receive a very high mark for it.

Personally, don't let the 'competition' get to you, I think art should be about what you love doing, what you love creating as an artist... That's what it was for me, and I think that's what will get you across the line :p

waza_

HSC
Hey isn't there more than 1 art gallery that we can be selected for though? I know artexpress is the holy grail of all galleries that we could get into but I thought there was more galleries?

jamersonx

HSC
Yeah, there are a number of galleries that participate in art express.

sombrero

HSC
Hey isn't there more than 1 art gallery that we can be selected for though? I know artexpress is the holy grail of all galleries that we could get into but I thought there was more galleries?
Yeah. The Art Gallery of NSW is the main one
Most get selected for one metro and one regional gallery

Mine have been selected for 3 galleries :( I'll never see them again

waza_

HSC
Yeah. The Art Gallery of NSW is the main one
Most get selected for one metro and one regional gallery

Mine have been selected for 3 galleries :( I'll never see them again

How do you know this already? I thought they weren't going to announce anything until after the exams are over?

blue_butterfly

HSC
How do you know this already? I thought they weren't going to announce anything until after the exams are over?
Yer... I haven't heard anything about artexpress... My teacher says, we normally get told and find out just before the exam so she can "motivate" us lol.

nikilily

HSC
Yeah, I think its safe to say that Art express is only a small portion of the amazing talent and creativity that is out there, even if a work isn't nominated you can still receive a very high mark for it.

Personally, don't let the 'competition' get to you, I think art should be about what you love doing, what you love creating as an artist... That's what it was for me, and I think that's what will get you across the line :p
yer im actually really excited to start my bow and scared to but bring it on baby

themerald

HSC
Wow everyones look so amazing, that wedding dress one is incredible, and i really liked the idea behind it. Great work, it must have taken forever! These are mine, the photos are totally dodge and they were taken just before it was finished but I think they show it ok. Its three lino prints, of the 30cmx40cm size. I swear I spent a few hundred hours carving them, my hand started having random spasms after a while lol. Which reminds me that paper folding one was really cool. I painted in some of the carvings with guache and did the faces with led. I did them on the Sunday before it was due and they got progressively worse through the day :( So they weren't as good as I had hoped. I hope you like them as much as i liked everyone elses!

HSC
Wow everyones look so amazing, that wedding dress one is incredible, and i really liked the idea behind it. Great work, it must have taken forever! These are mine, the photos are totally dodge and they were taken just before it was finished but I think they show it ok. Its three lino prints, of the 30cmx40cm size. I swear I spent a few hundred hours carving them, my hand started having random spasms after a while lol. Which reminds me that paper folding one was really cool. I painted in some of the carvings with guache and did the faces with led. I did them on the Sunday before it was due and they got progressively worse through the day :( So they weren't as good as I had hoped. I hope you like them as much as i liked everyone elses!
Thanks for your lovely words... we didn't go to the post office today to get the mail... so hopefully a lone letter will be sitting there quietly from the board of studies tommorow when i go into town...
Yours is truely amazing! The detail is out of this world! WOW!!Congrats!What was your concept?
Goodluck for artexpress/high mark

HSC
actually i dont think i got in... i went to students online where you have to fill in the nomination form... and there was no nomination form option in "my details" Oh well! Cant say i am not disappointed... but fingers crossed for a good mark!

That letter may be still waiting there....:eek:

HSC
Wait all is not lost... on the board of studies website it says:
" Nomination letters will be sent to students and schools in the week beginning 16 November. Nominated students must login to the Students Online website to submit an online nomination form by Monday 23 November. Final selection letters will be sent in early December."

SoMeRaNdOm.

HSC
the regional gallery that hosts the artexpress is usually in tamworth

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

Thats lovely, yours is very similar to what i did last year. Hopefully it's been long enough that you won't get hit by the Henson backlash.

themerald

HSC
Wait all is not lost... on the board of studies website it says:
" Nomination letters will be sent to students and schools in the week beginning 16 November. Nominated students must login to the Students Online website to submit an online nomination form by Monday 23 November. Final selection letters will be sent in early December."
I live in hope lol, but if yours doesn't get in, i will be way insulted for you :p Its amazing, and I can tell there was a lot of work that went into it. Good Luck with your plans for fashion and all that.
Ummmm, mine didn't really have a concept, I called it 'Visions' and left it at that. It was mostly working with just whatever i see, i put it down. Like there is a pig with wings = swine flu. Its lame I know but that was big news when I started it lol. It's all about the details.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)