Wish I was Here (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR

HSC
It is funny how some of you people automatically assume that people who "bag out" UWS are not UWS students. Kudos for being an outright hypocrite, LaraB. Here you are trying to tell me off that i am making unsubstantiated comments about your beloved university, and then you do a 180 degree turn and make an unsubstantiated conclusion that i am not a UWS student. Nicely done. I actually do a Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Social Sciences at UWS.

To the thread starter, i suggest that if you want some objective perspectives regarding UWS, you should post in the general discussion forums within BoredofStudies. Afterall, you are posting in UWS forum filled with "uninformed" and "ignorant" people like me. You should also consult materials such as "The Good Universities Guide", which also happens to make "ignorant" observations about UWS and its lack of prestige, teacher/student ratios/employment prospects e.t.c. However, i suspect that the knowledgeable people within this UWS forum will tell you that the "Good Universities Guide" is wrong as well.

And to the people who think that doing a course you like is more important than doing a course you don't like at a reputable university, i would like to see if you people retain the same idea twenty years down the track when you are outside Centerlink with a six pack, waiting for your pay cheque.

Good luck. God knows that you will need it if you choose to transfer to UWS.

happy cup

has left BOS :)
HSC
N/A
I did think about transferring from UTS nursing to UWS because of a more convinient location. I thought about it hard and realised that if I plan to do nursing overseas for a while, UTS would be a better choice because of it's reputation and highly recommended nursing course.
If you're looking to transfer, just look at the outcomes first before u make any decisions. Don't rush into anything you might regret. If u feel that UWS can cater more to ur needs by all means transfer. I mean GTR is right, in the sense that you should consider all things, whether it's negative or positive aspects of UWS. :)

I should stop posting here! It seems like i'm such a UWS wannabe hehe

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
GTR said:
I actually do a Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Social Sciences at UWS.
the shock. the horror.
why the hell are you attending UWS if you quite so obviously don't like it ???!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
GTR, Did you even happen to read the first few pages properly? They were all non biased and not forcing aliciat to transfer to uws. Atleast some of us have attended UWS for more than a couple of weeks, so we can give informed information about what degrees do. We might not know everything about every degree, but we do help. There was no UWS "promotion" in the first few pages.

HerO

Banned
69 Penis Avenue, Dickton Pussyville 6969.
HSC
natstar said:
If shes posts it in the general forum there will more of an abundance of wankers (see other threads for evidence) putting down the uni. She wants a perspective from UWS students- hence why she put it in the UWS section. She wants to do business- so she is aking about UWS business- you dont do business, so you wouldent know.
If u hate UWS so much, fucken transfer.
As a BENEFACTOR which u think urself so highly of, can u plz reconsider ur choice of vocabulary as it will set a bad example and only encourages others 2 use inappropraite language. :cool:

liveit_up

HSC
N/A
natstar said:
I looked at UTS business marketing. They offer electives, but they are all business ones. Not free choice.
i like it how UWS has straight business courses. Not just B Business and B Commerce
ppl try 2 stick up for uws by sayin that it offers more subjects/courses (which could be more personlised for certain individuals) then other unis..however tafe offers the most diverse amount of courses... does that mean that tafe is better then university ?

....stay at uts do business electives do good in ur subjects and transfer internally 2 business course thats wat i suggest.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
liveit_up said:
ppl try 2 stick up for uws by sayin that it offers more subjects/courses (which could be more personlised for certain individuals) then other unis..however tafe offers the most diverse amount of courses... does that mean that tafe is better then university ?

....stay at uts do business electives do good in ur subjects and transfer internally 2 business course thats wat i suggest.
SUBJECTS more subjects are taught at UWS. At tafe, I dont think you really get to choose subjects. Courses and subjects are different :p

And tafe is better than university in some aspects. Depends what you want to do with your life.

liveit_up

HSC
N/A
Cape said:
SUBJECTS more subjects are taught at UWS. At tafe, I dont think you really get to choose subjects. Courses and subjects are different :p

And tafe is better than university in some aspects. Depends what you want to do with your life.
can u give me examples ??

liveit_up

HSC
N/A
examples of how tafe is better than university in some aspects /???

klh

HSC
tafe is technical..uni is has more balance of theory with technical. teaches you to criticise stuff.
thats why tafe is called: technical and further education college.
depends on your needs and what industry wants. i mena if there is large deemand, tafe degrees are fine. and some things, tafe is better. i mean hospitality management? that coudl be done at tafe more quicker and get a job easier i think than at uni.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
well ... you don't go to university to become a tradesperson do you? or a chef? or a travel consaultant?

The major difference between tafe and uni is tafe is practical - hands on - which gives you everyday experience. Uni is all theory - which "professional" jobs like doctors and lawyers need.

Suitable enough answer?

liveit_up

HSC
N/A
Cape said:
well ... you don't go to university to become a tradesperson do you? or a chef? or a travel consaultant?

The major difference between tafe and uni is tafe is practical - hands on - which gives you everyday experience. Uni is all theory - which "professional" jobs like doctors and lawyers need.

Suitable enough answer?
got a point there with the blue collar jobs and chefs i suppose they cant really learn that in uni

L

LaraB

GTR said:
It is funny how some of you people automatically assume that people who "bag out" UWS are not UWS students. Kudos for being an outright hypocrite, LaraB. Here you are trying to tell me off that i am making unsubstantiated comments about your beloved university, and then you do a 180 degree turn and make an unsubstantiated conclusion that i am not a UWS student. Nicely done. I actually do a Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Social Sciences at UWS.

To the thread starter, i suggest that if you want some objective perspectives regarding UWS, you should post in the general discussion forums within BoredofStudies. Afterall, you are posting in UWS forum filled with "uninformed" and "ignorant" people like me. You should also consult materials such as "The Good Universities Guide", which also happens to make "ignorant" observations about UWS and its lack of prestige, teacher/student ratios/employment prospects e.t.c. However, i suspect that the knowledgeable people within this UWS forum will tell you that the "Good Universities Guide" is wrong as well.

And to the people who think that doing a course you like is more important than doing a course you don't like at a reputable university, i would like to see if you people retain the same idea twenty years down the track when you are outside Centerlink with a six pack, waiting for your pay cheque.

Good luck. God knows that you will need it if you choose to transfer to UWS.

ok then..how about you go back and read the part where i said i am assuming you are not a uws due to what you have said, and that IF this was the case ..... etc etc

i did not say you are not a uws student, i said what i thought based on if you weren't... i never said that i know for a fact you aren't...

Why dont you go back and read what i said - ie people who are just making ignorant abusive comments without providing any basis for it, especially those who aren't uws students should just not comment in this forum. I never once said that i was "posting in UWS forum filled with "uninformed" and "ignorant" people like me." as you said above so dont make statement as to what i said when i didnt.

As you surely would know as a uws student, the uni as one collective group has only been around for 12 years, therefore guides such as the GOod Uni's guides although useful, are no more or less valid than students opinions, as there is no where near as much information and experience to base such judgements on as say, uts of unsw or another uni - i seriously doubt in their first decade or so of existence they were a top ranked uni. As for your statement -
"observations about UWS and its lack of prestige, teacher/student ratios/employment prospects e.t.c." show me where i ever disagreed with this?

Any comments i made as to employment prospects were to law specific occupations, thus i never made uni wide generalisations. I agree that it lacks prestige etc - but if you actually read my earlier posts rather than assuming what i meant, you would have noticed that i said that these aren't valid reasons to say a uni's crap, especially given uws is "new".

And to the people who think that doing a course you like is more important than doing a course you don't like at a reputable university, i would like to see if you people retain the same idea twenty years down the track when you are outside Centerlink with a six pack, waiting for your pay cheque. so what, following this logic, you're telling me i'm better off doing a course like...say..commerce which i hate, at unsw coz its more prestigious, rather than Busines/Law at uws which i want to do?

what a load of crap.... prestige doesnt equal employment or intelligence.... you'd be surprised to find that employers aren't idiots and they do look beyond your uni name...

And as to your comment about 20 year time waiting outside centrelink with a six pack - what a load of bullsh*t...... If i stay at uws doing the course im doing, i will have a job that will continue after uni by 2nd/3rd year .... geez uws really has shot down my employment prospects?:confused:

if UWS has such shit propsects for all its students in general, why the hell did you go to uws in the first place!

liveit_up

HSC
N/A
LaraB said:
so what, following this logic, you're telling me i'm better off doing a course like...say..commerce which i hate, at unsw coz its more prestigious, rather than Busines/Law at uws which i want to do?

QUOTE]

u do realise business and commerce at the same thing so if ur doing business/law ..u are also doing business subjects aka commerce subjects whihc u hate soo much ??

L

LaraB

liveit_up said:
LaraB said:
so what, following this logic, you're telling me i'm better off doing a course like...say..commerce which i hate, at unsw coz its more prestigious, rather than Busines/Law at uws which i want to do?

QUOTE]

u do realise business and commerce at the same thing so if ur doing business/law ..u are also doing business subjects aka commerce subjects whihc u hate soo much ??

ok..show me where i said "i hate commerce subjects"? - i said i would hate doing a commerce course..

and um..you obviously dont get whats entailed in some business courses as not all have commerce subjects.....and "business" isnt a course....whats important is what you major in in the business degree - eg im doing HUman resource management and industrial relations which really has littel if anything to do with a B commerce...

i suggest you read the uni handbooks available online or even the uac book before you make generalisations about courses like that because they are clearly very different courses...

liveit_up

HSC
N/A
LaraB said:
ok..show me where i said "i hate commerce subjects"? - i said i would hate doing a commerce course..

and um..you obviously dont get whats entailed in some business courses as not all have commerce subjects.....and "business" isnt a course....whats important is what you major in in the business degree - eg im doing HUman resource management and industrial relations which really has littel if anything to do with a B commerce...

i suggest you read the uni handbooks available online or even the uac book before you make generalisations about courses like that because they are clearly very different courses...
my friend is doing bach of commerce iam doing bach of business and they are exactly the same just different names ...in commerce u can aslo major in HRM which is wat my friend is doing ...and how isnt business a course??....u basicly said u hate commerce which mean u hate the course u are doing right now business

L

LaraB

liveit_up said:
my friend is doing bach of commerce iam doing bach of business and they are exactly the same just different names ...in commerce u can aslo major in HRM which is wat my friend is doing ...and how isnt business a course??....u basicly said u hate commerce which mean u hate the course u are doing right now business
well..what uni do you go to? because the work i do as part of my business course is different by a mile to that of my friends who do commerce....?

and if they were exactly the same, why do uni's offer both? that just makes no sense at all....

i doubt you'd find many if any uni lecturers who'd tell you "B Commerce is exactly the same as B Business"....

sure, you can major in hrm in commerce, but it doesnt mean the course would be the same as business.... besides - i said im doing "human resource management and industrial relations" - which from what our lecturers told us, is a different approach to the other unis business courses as far as we focus on employment relations as compared to human resource management or industrial relations...

so its perfectly sensical for me to say i hate commerce but like business....since im not an idiot and read up on cases befre deciding my uac preferecne and i went to open days and all that crap, i think i would've noticed if the courses were exactly the same.... and if they're exactly the same, why aren't all the lecture/seminars/tutes subjects and order of subjects and assignments the same for each at every uni? coz i know for a fact they're not...

Explain to me this - if business and commerce are exactly the same, why do they differentiate between B BUsiness, B Commerce, B Commerce&B Business, B Commerce & Economics, B Business & Economics?

i mean...after all if you're right and they are all the same....uni admin really must have a lot of time on their hands and must be really smart to trick us all into thinking that these combinations are different subjecsta dn provide you with different qualification when in fact, you say they are all exactly the same?

it makes absolutely no sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)