Wish I was Here (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LaraB

natstar said:
UWS doesent have a B Commerce. They have B Business AND Commerce.
(in case that was direced at me) yeah i know - i was just referring to te fact that these courses exist thru a heap of unis so it doesnt make sense coz if they were the same, unis would just have "business" or "commerce"...

HerO

Banned
69 Penis Avenue, Dickton Pussyville 6969.
HSC
LaraB said:
ok then..how about you go back and read the part where i said i am assuming you are not a uws due to what you have said, and that IF this was the case ..... etc etc

i did not say you are not a uws student, i said what i thought based on if you weren't... i never said that i know for a fact you aren't...

Why dont you go back and read what i said - ie people who are just making ignorant abusive comments without providing any basis for it, especially those who aren't uws students should just not comment in this forum. I never once said that i was "posting in UWS forum filled with "uninformed" and "ignorant" people like me." as you said above so dont make statement as to what i said when i didnt.

As you surely would know as a uws student, the uni as one collective group has only been around for 12 years, therefore guides such as the GOod Uni's guides although useful, are no more or less valid than students opinions, as there is no where near as much information and experience to base such judgements on as say, uts of unsw or another uni - i seriously doubt in their first decade or so of existence they were a top ranked uni. As for your statement -
"observations about UWS and its lack of prestige, teacher/student ratios/employment prospects e.t.c." show me where i ever disagreed with this?

Any comments i made as to employment prospects were to law specific occupations, thus i never made uni wide generalisations. I agree that it lacks prestige etc - but if you actually read my earlier posts rather than assuming what i meant, you would have noticed that i said that these aren't valid reasons to say a uni's crap, especially given uws is "new".

And to the people who think that doing a course you like is more important than doing a course you don't like at a reputable university, i would like to see if you people retain the same idea twenty years down the track when you are outside Centerlink with a six pack, waiting for your pay cheque. so what, following this logic, you're telling me i'm better off doing a course like...say..commerce which i hate, at unsw coz its more prestigious, rather than Busines/Law at uws which i want to do?

what a load of crap.... prestige doesnt equal employment or intelligence.... you'd be surprised to find that employers aren't idiots and they do look beyond your uni name...

And as to your comment about 20 year time waiting outside centrelink with a six pack - what a load of bullsh*t...... If i stay at uws doing the course im doing, i will have a job that will continue after uni by 2nd/3rd year .... geez uws really has shot down my employment prospects?:confused:

if UWS has such shit propsects for all its students in general, why the hell did you go to uws in the first place!
OMG LaraB, u rant on and on and on!!!...feck i fell asleep halfway thru reading that, geez this is a forum not an essay assignment! :rolleyes:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
well hero - there was nothing to say that you HAD to read it. You chose to read it so its your fault. She was just presenting facts ... which i suggest you have a look at the definition of.

HerO

Banned
HSC
natstar said:
I thinks it more the point that he CANT read it. he's just showing his insecurities
lol that's juz funny, I mean i brought up the fact that UWS students feel insecure towards their own Uni and now ur trying without much success 2 turn the tables lol, that only shows me everything i have said is proven 2 be true

L

LaraB

HerO said:
OMG LaraB, u rant on and on and on!!!...feck i fell asleep halfway thru reading that, geez this is a forum not an essay assignment! :rolleyes:
then go away and dont read it..

however unlike your short, fact-lacking arguments id ratehr rant on and explain what i mean than make a statement without any basis and then go nuts at people later for saying they dont get what i meant

EDIT: if you fell asleep half way thru..you have no right to comment as that would clearly mean you HAVN"T read it so you cant possible offer any criticisms or comments on something you didnt read

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
HerO said:
that only shows me everything i have said is proven 2 be true
WRONG! Everything that you have said has proven that you speak a load of bullshit!

HerO

Banned
HSC
Cape said:
well hero - there was nothing to say that you HAD to read it. You chose to read it so its your fault. She was just presenting facts ... which i suggest you have a look at the definition of.
Yeah there were some facts here and there, but most of wat she says is normally useless rants.

L

LaraB

HerO said:
Yeah there were some facts here and there, but most of wat she says is normally useless rants.
as i said - if its so boring and useless, dont read it, dont comment, dont criticse

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
It might need to be bigger ... he may not understand what it means. Damn, it don't go any bigger.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Only if its one of those children's dictionaries. The macquarie or oxford ones might be too hard for him to understand

HerO

Banned
HSC
natstar said:
Again, you shouldent look into peoples posts that much. I didnt mean anything like that at all. Stop making pathetic assumptions
lol u know wat, i'm actually quite glad now cuz I feel that part of my job is 2 rehabilitate and make individuals a better person, i think things are goin places.

4 example, Nat u juz said I shouldn't use implications as a basis 4 my arguments/reasoning since no1 knows the wat the feck ur intended meaning were.
That is exactly 1 of the points I have been enforcing 2 and it seems finally ppl are starting 2 be rehabilitated :cool:

L

LaraB

HerO said:
Well if it's really that boring then indeed some1 has 2 comment and criticise the purpose ur posts.
im sorry but since when was it your responsibility as a student who isnt at my uni to criticise what i say about my experiences at my uni etc?..

as i have told you on m any occassions - stop acting as if you know what im thinking because you dont and the mere fact that i disagree with you over and over and over again shows that you dont!

if you dont like it, just go away!

L

LaraB

HerO said:
It's quite normal 2 react that way, most ppl at first can't accept being told this and that, but once u realise it's 4 the better, you'll gradually be a better person 4 it.
you're not a psychologist/psychiatrist - stop talking at people in this manner as if you have smoe great understanding as to their psyche... you dont so you cant comment

L

LaraB

i and from what it seems many others are really sick of certain posters coming into threads just for ths purpose of criticising/bagging not just posts but people and putting themselves up on some great social/intellectual pedastal for absolutely no reason..

someone needs to just close this thread and then maybe they'll get the hint and stop chasing peopel around the forum just to bag them unjustifiably....

liveit_up

HSC
N/A
HerO said:

yeah i second that ...srsly i cant b stuffed reading all the shit u wrote just get 2 the point i dont wanna read a freaken essay abut abut ur life story on how u think business is different 2 commerce and at the end not even providing an evidence or support in ur agruement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)