Israel–Gaza conflict (1 Viewer)

King.BBjames

Banned
HSC
mass killing? wtf is the difference. millions are left homeless, ten of thousands are left dead.

tempco

HSC
Once again, if the cowards from Hamas weren't launching rockets and using human shields this wouldn't be an issue.
Sigh, this is the media "blockade" that many have mentioned. IT DID NOT START WITH HAMAS ROCKETS. PEOPLE DO NOT SHOOT ROCKETS/BLOW THEMSELVES UP WITHOUT A GOOD REASON. While you all might consider "Israeli's respond to Hamas rocket fire has led to thousands of dead civilians/etc." as the media criticising Israel's actions, I see it as a method to divert attention away from the core issue - the military occupation of a population involving the complete denial of ANY rights whatsoever.

Hamas firing rockets is NOT the cause. It is a symptom of a root cause which has been going on for decades. End the occupation, give back the land of defenseless Palestinians who were massacred and pushed out of their own homes by Israeli militia and then we might see some progress. Then Israel elected Sharon, a god damn terrorist if I ever saw one, into office and they have the audacity to call Hamas terrorists. Rubbish.

I know a lot of you will try and deny the fact that we need to address the cause and not the symptom, but that's just how it is regarding this unfortunate issues. Regardless, I'm glad that many people have taken the trouble to educate themselves about the conflict as a result of the more recent Israeli attrocities. Great turn up at the Sydney protest with people from all walks of life denouncing the actions of Israel, the terrorist state. Support terrorism, support Israel more like it. :rolleyes:

tempco

HSC
Shifty, I'm sorry but what was the alternative?

1) For Israel to continue to tolerate rocketfire that will eventually reach major Israeli cities.
Israel's own fault. See above.

2) ForI Israel to pack up it's bags and head back to Europe, America and all the other countries that it's citizens came from (even though so many were born in Israel and it's their home)
Not a bad idea. Israel was, and is, pretty free with welcoming Jews into Israel regardless of how volatile the situation was and disregarding the fact that a lot of the land still belonged to Palestinians. How many Jews immigrated illegally into Palestine? So they've trampled on the rights of Palestinians and now, you're implying that it's ridiculous for Jews to leave. Why? The world is a much safer place now isn't it? I'm sure many other countries are willing take Israeli's in as a start.

3) For all Jews to walk into the Mediterannean.

I know many here would prefer option 2 or 3.
Victim-card. Next.

As for option 1 it's rediculous to expect any nation to tolerate constant rocketfire. Regardless of death tolls there is the constant fear and regular running to bomb shelters. Life isn't normal there...
You've got Palestinians on one side without reliable electricity, running water once a week and homes being destroyed, and on the other side you have Jewish settlers in swimming pools, going to school and having the option of running to a bomb shelter. Both situations aren't ideal, but perspective is important.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Sigh, this is the media "blockade" that many have mentioned. IT DID NOT START WITH HAMAS ROCKETS. PEOPLE DO NOT SHOOT ROCKETS/BLOW THEMSELVES UP WITHOUT A GOOD REASON. While you all might consider "Israeli's respond to Hamas rocket fire has led to thousands of dead civilians/etc." as the media criticising Israel's actions, I see it as a method to divert attention away from the core issue - the military occupation of a population involving the complete denial of ANY rights whatsoever.

Hamas firing rockets is NOT the cause. It is a symptom of a root cause which has been going on for decades. End the occupation, give back the land of defenseless Palestinians who were massacred and pushed out of their own homes by Israeli militia and then we might see some progress. Then Israel elected Sharon, a god damn terrorist if I ever saw one, into office and they have the audacity to call Hamas terrorists. Rubbish.

I know a lot of you will try and deny the fact that we need to address the cause and not the symptom, but that's just how it is regarding this unfortunate issues. Regardless, I'm glad that many people have taken the trouble to educate themselves about the conflict as a result of the more recent Israeli attrocities. Great turn up at the Sydney protest with people from all walks of life denouncing the actions of Israel, the terrorist state. Support terrorism, support Israel more like it. :rolleyes:
Whatever wrongs have been done in the past, you don't fix the situation by uprooting millions of people who have done nothing wrong and shipping them to Europe. Israel is not going anywhere, and that's the reality of the situation. Fatah have accepted this and negotiate on the basis of a two state solution, and the biggest obstacle to this is terrorist groups such as Hamas who refuse to accept anything less than driving the Jews into the ocean.

EDIT: To suggest that sending the Jews back to Europe is a good idea because their grandparents settled in Palestinian lands is about as sound as suggesting that the Jews were justified in displacing the Palestinians because their great grandparents conquered Jewish lands under Muhammad.

Last edited:

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
You are naive to think that the world is safe for Jewish people, rather the Jewish communities have developed more stringent security measures to keep their people alive. Look at all the bombings of Synagogues, daubing of Swastikas, chants of "Death to Jews", praises of the Holocaust and Hitler, taunts of Jewish women and children.

This isn't happening in Arab countries alone. This is happening in Australia, the US, France, the UK everywhere. There is a solid trend that shows that anti-Semitic attacks are on the rise around the Western World.

What do you suggest for the hundreds of thousands of Jews who were exiled from their former homes in the Arab States? Do they return to the Arab States because everyone will be like "Oh we like Jews now that Israel doesn't exist".

Don't even try and blame anti-Semitism on Israel. It was the fundamental reason for the foundation of the State of Israel.

King.BBjames

Banned
HSC
Israel is not going anywhere, and that's the reality of the situation. .
i wouldn't put money on it. the holy land has gone back and fourth under different European powers and different caliphates. its just a matter of time before those Israelis being displaced back to Europe or into the ocean. hmm. maybe before the end of this century? also do not forget, the European do not really give a shit about Israel and Israel's influence is directly proportional to American hegemony. so we will see what happens.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
i wouldn't put money on it. the holy land has gone back and fourth under different European powers and different caliphates. its just a matter of time before those Israelis being displaced back to Europe or into the ocean. hmm. maybe before the end of this century? also do not forget, the European do not really give a shit about Israel and Israel's influence is directly proportional to American hegemony. so we will see what happens.
Again, is that a desirable outcome? Surely it's better that the two groups come to an agreement whereby each has access to the land they need.

King.BBjames

Banned
HSC

Don't even try and blame anti-Semitism on Israel. It was the fundamental reason for the foundation of the State of Israel.
listen you crack pot, the holocaust was a genocide in Europe. not Palestine. OK? i am going to ask you fucking again for the umpteenth time why the fuck did Palestine have to give up its land because of European anti semitism? dont fucking beat around the bush.

Last edited:

King.BBjames

Banned
HSC
Again, is that a desirable outcome? Surely it's better that the two groups come to an agreement whereby each has access to the land they need.
what is "desirable outcome". one that heavily bias towards Israelis unacceptable human right violations across the Gaza strip and the west bank. a Palestine state where they have no food or water and are defending with sticks or stones?

you see, im all for a 2 state solution only IF the Gaza strip and the west bank have direct routes to each other AND they have equal military mights that can at least defend itself against Israel. not fucking rockets and stones.

you see, the second Palestine is just as equipped as Israel, Israeli would instantaneous sit down on the table and negotiate a truce.

Zionist

HSC
listen you crack pot, the holocaust genocide in Europe. not Palestine. OK? i am going to ask you fucking again for the umpteenth time why the fuck did Palestine have to give up tis land because of European anti semitism? dont fucking beat around the bush.
Because israel belongs to Jews. It was given to jews by GOD and there is nothing you can do about it. Fight against God's law and you fail, miserably as proven by all Arab-Israeli wars. Israel is here to stay FOREVER! :hippie:

m00

HSC
hey zionist when you say Hamas do you pronounce it: KH-AMAS

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
This isn't happening in Arab countries alone. This is happening in Australia, the US, France, the UK everywhere. There is a solid trend that shows that anti-Semitic attacks are on the rise around the Western World.
Proof please.

tempco

HSC
Whatever wrongs have been done in the past, you don't fix the situation by uprooting millions of people who have done nothing wrong and shipping them to Europe. Israel is not going anywhere, and that's the reality of the situation. Fatah have accepted this and negotiate on the basis of a two state solution, and the biggest obstacle to this is terrorist groups such as Hamas who refuse to accept anything less than driving the Jews into the ocean.

EDIT: To suggest that sending the Jews back to Europe is a good idea because their grandparents settled in Palestinian lands is about as sound as suggesting that the Jews were justified in displacing the Palestinians because their great grandparents conquered Jewish lands under Muhammad.
Where's the compromise in Israel's current stance? Zionists in the mid-1900s demanded that they be given the right to establish a Jewist state in Palestine. What's that slogan... "A land without people for a people without land". Except there were people in that land (Palestinian Muslims, Christians and also Jews) and that was a secondary issue. This is still their stance. I haven't seen any compromise on the side of Israel (withdrawing from the WB was not a compromise), yet they demand so much from the Palestinian people. That in itself is evidence to me that the Israeli government aren't as interested in peace as some people make them out to be.

If Israel is serious in a two-state solution, IMO they have to be prepared to end the occupation and surrender at least a portion of the land that they had seized from the Palestinians during the 1948 war. Not only because some of the land still belongs to the Palestinians, but also as compensation for the suffering Israel has inflicted. But, judging from things as they stand, this will not happen and I don't see this tragedy winding down any time soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)