Increase writing speed (1 Viewer)

umz93

HSC
Hi
I just completed my half yearly rounds and noted that my writing speed held me back from acing alot of my exams.
My question is, what is the quickest way to increase writing speed.
Thanks.

MysteryGenius

HSC
A friend had the same problem
she just used heavy pens during class and lighter pens for exams

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
get a clothing peg and squeeze it until your hand muscles are sore.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
sticky tape batteries onto your pen everyday and then take them off for the exams

ya_mum

'When there's a will, there's a way' - MOI
HSC
There's no secret.
To write faster, practice writing. I've tried all the gimmicks: hand grip exercises; attaching 2-6 batteries to my pen; playing more piano; dribbling a basketball.
But what I've found to be most effective is just writing. Aim to write as much as possible in 40 minutes every day.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
My question is, what is the quickest way to increase writing speed.
Thanks.
Ah, my favourite topic. If you really want to improve your writing speed consult me. I know a lot about handwriting - or at least relative to most people nowadays. You can check my other postings on this subject.

It won't work by endless practising of a wrong technique. Attaching a car battery at the end of your pen won't help either. Using a better writing instrument may help somewhat but is not the remedy for slow handwriting.

I was horrified at the way my students write. I kept asking myself: why has something so simple become something so difficult? The principal of Barker College was recently reported to have resorted to hiring an occupational therapist to help his senior students.

I'm serious and can help. But I cannot do so over advice on bos. You need to be shown how to do it.

Last edited:
HSC
Uni Grad
cut off your hand and when it grows back it will be a little bit faster, do this 4-5 times and you'll own the exams :D

ya_mum

HSC
Ah, my favourite topic. If you really want to improve your writing speed consult me. I know a lot about handwriting - or at least relative to most people nowadays. You can check my other postings on this subject.

It won't work by endless practising of a wrong technique. Attaching a car battery at the end of your pen won't help either.

I'm serious and can help. But I cannot do so over advice on bos. You need to be shown how to do it.
Sounds interesting. But can't you describe it or show it in a video?

ya_mum

HSC

It won't work by endless practising of a wrong technique. Attaching a car battery at the end of your pen won't help either.

umz93

HSC
Thanks for all the suggestions. Im lucky I have the holidays to fix myself up!

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Don't know all these new-world wonders like video. If enough people (>= 3) are genuinely interested I'd be happy to spend a couple of hours to go over the main points. For free.

I made a similar offer a year or so ago - no takers. Op appears to have disregarded my post. Well what more can I do? Obviously have no idea why they are writing slowly and choose to ignore the one serious offer of help. Why do I even bother.

umz93

HSC
Don't know all these new-world wonders like video. If enough people (>= 3) are genuinely interested I'd be happy to spend a couple of hours to go over the main points. For free.

I made a similar offer a year or so ago - no takers. Op appears to have disregarded my post. Well what more can I do? Obviously have no idea why they are writing slowly and choose to ignore the one serious offer of help. Why do I even bother.
I PM'ed you almost immediately...

Jaymay

HSC
Officially showing interest in speeding my hand writing up,

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Officially showing interest in speeding my hand writing up,
Does that mean you are interested in improving? Because a key requirement is a serious desire to improve.

For those who may be seriously interested we can fix a morning coming school holidays at Rumbles Coffee House in Eastwood. Not only is the lesson free - I might even buy attendees a cuppa.

LonelyWolf

HSC
Does that mean you are interested in improving? Because a key requirement is a serious desire to improve.

For those who may be seriously interested we can fix a morning coming school holidays at Rumbles Coffee House in Eastwood. Not only is the lesson free - I might even buy attendees a cuppa.
are you asian?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)