• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

PR but getting my citizenship on the 21st of March (2 Viewers)

jamesfirst

HSC
So I am currently a permanent resident and I have the ceremony to receive my Australian citizenship on the 21st of march.

Am I eligible for hecs? because the payment date is on the 4th but the census date is 31st.

TheStallion

HSC
Why do you keep posting threads here with an issue involving thousands of dollars, and why are you not contacting the uni or the ATO?

It's fine to ask here, but you'd get an instant and far more reliable response from the uni.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
yes, u can since u have the ceremony before the census date.
just fill in the required forms (with a photocopy of your citizenship certificate) and hand it in before the 31st :)

bladeys

HSC
N/A
Why do you keep posting threads here with an issue involving thousands of dollars, and why are you not contacting the uni or the ATO?

It's fine to ask here, but you'd get an instant and far more reliable response from the uni.
Finally someone who agrees with me, STFU james

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
I bet you 100 dollar that this guy will try and leave the country without paying his hecs debt.

LOLXD

HSC
james you are a phaggot.

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for women, I can tell you I don't have women. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you stop this phaggotry, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will cockblock you in your attempts to search for poontang at UNSW.

oh, and negged

edit: dat dere b engo mr skywing806 james park

Last edited:

jamesfirst

HSC
yes, u can since u have the ceremony before the census date.
just fill in the required forms (with a photocopy of your citizenship certificate) and hand it in before the 31st :)
I went to UNSW few days ago and asked the lady somewhere and she kindly gave me an email with the PDF in it :)

jamesfirst

HSC
james you are a phaggot.

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for women, I can tell you I don't have women. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you stop this phaggotry, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will cockblock you in your attempts to search for poontang at UNSW.

oh, and negged

edit: dat dere b engo mr skywing806 james park

ye not that I really give a shit if u negg me. it's just a site bro. hahahaha.

and calm down dude. lol

HSC
Uni Grad
bro, I told you to ask the ATO upfront or the uni. You may as well ask there instead of here.

gaugau1

HSC
Lol I go for my citizenship ceremony on The 21st too yeah I am just going to go straight back to the uni and sort Hecs out then.

Shooky_Nooky

HSC
Uni Grad
Lol I go for my citizenship ceremony on The 21st too yeah I am just going to go straight back to the uni and sort Hecs out then.
Mine is one the 23rd :) (I honestly should have applied for it many years ago, I've been here since I was three :D), and I'm in the same predicament with HECS.

I only found out that we had to have our citizenship to be eligible -.- my teacher was telling me all year that he was a PR when he went for his degree, and in turn was eligible for the loan (I guess it was my own stupidity that prevented me from looking it up until the end of last year lol)

Oh, and James, you can definitely be eligible for HECS as long as you provide the required documentation (I.e. The citizenship certificate), and change the details on the 'request for Commonwealth Assistance' form... Good luck! ;)

jamesfirst

HSC
Mine is one the 23rd :) (I honestly should have applied for it many years ago, I've been here since I was three :D), and I'm in the same predicament with HECS.

I only found out that we had to have our citizenship to be eligible -.- my teacher was telling me all year that he was a PR when he went for his degree, and in turn was eligible for the loan (I guess it was my own stupidity that prevented me from looking it up until the end of last year lol)

Oh, and James, you can definitely be eligible for HECS as long as you provide the required documentation (I.e. The citizenship certificate), and change the details on the 'request for Commonwealth Assistance' form... Good luck! ;)

Thank you for such kind answer !!! :D

jamesfirst

HSC
then what do I do with the current liability fee ??? Dont I have to pay that by the 4th of March

Shooky_Nooky

HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you for such kind answer !!! :D
You're very welcome :biggrin:

I'm not too sure about the liability fees (I'm not even going to UNSW lol), but I thought you only had to pay liability fees if you are an international student? (And you won't be anymore once that citizenship has come through for you :D Well, you shouldn't be an international student now, just a domestic CSP student ^.^)... I'll post a link below regarding tuition fees, but as you'll see, the 'liability fees' simply refer to the general tuition fees that international students are required to pay before the census date (I think)...

I hope this helps :D:

https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/fees/FeePolicyInternational.html

Last edited:

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I was only a permanent resident for semester 1 last year. I forgot to pay by the 4th of March and the university sent a couple of threatening emails saying I would be expelled if I did not pay up soon etc. I paid the next week and it was all good. Then I became an Australian citizen (for HECS purposes and free uni etc). You just take in the citizenship certificate (and they make you photocopy it on their photocopier [they are lazy and won't do it for you] in front of you and then a JP in the office signs the copy) and fill out a short form and that is all it took for it to be changed on my record.

Now I get lots of free stuff from government... so goood.

jamesfirst

HSC
So basically the final date to pay your fee is on the census date.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)