e12 application advice? help!! (1 Viewer)

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi guys!!

So I'm drafting my e12 application for usyd and I was wondering if anyone have any advice to offer? What can really make my application stand out?

The first question is about activities, how that would benefit you at uni etc.
The second is in regards to best academic achievement. Should I do this part before or after trials?
The third is about why I have chosen to study my course etc.

Any key points I should add within specific responses?

Thanks in advance !!

All the best :)

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
Oh hey we have the same join date!

Let’s unite :)

ahri

HSC
Hiya! I made E12 last year so I would be more than happy to email you my application that I wrote : )

For activities just talk about a vast range of extracurriculars and volunteering but emphasize the importance of each one, and try to focus on one or two that you are most proud of. For academic achievement just do whichever one sounds better lol (but generally trials are a good indicator of HSC performance so if you do well, it is good to include). For the third question explain what you want to do with your degree (job/career-wise), why you want to study it, what inspired/interested you to want to study that and what you have currently done to achieve that (relevant extracurriculars / hobbies / volunteering).

Good luck!

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
Hiya! I made E12 last year so I would be more than happy to email you my application that I wrote : )

For activities just talk about a vast range of extracurriculars and volunteering but emphasize the importance of each one, and try to focus on one or two that you are most proud of. For academic achievement just do whichever one sounds better lol (but generally trials are a good indicator of HSC performance so if you do well, it is good to include). For the third question explain what you want to do with your degree (job/career-wise), why you want to study it, what inspired/interested you to want to study that and what you have currently done to achieve that (relevant extracurriculars / hobbies / volunteering).

Good luck!

Hey there!!

Thank you so much!! I'd very much like that please. Is it okay if I privately message you my email?

An absolute legend. That's amazing feedback! I'll definitely incorporate it within my application !!

Thank you once again, much appreciated!

ahri

HSC
Hey there!!

Thank you so much!! I'd very much like that please. Is it okay if I privately message you my email?

An absolute legend. That's amazing feedback! I'll definitely incorporate it within my application !!

Thank you once again, much appreciated!
Yes absolutely! Send it over and I'll email it to you : )

MinnieMinnie

HSC
Hi guys!!

So I'm drafting my e12 application for usyd and I was wondering if anyone have any advice to offer? What can really make my application stand out?

The first question is about activities, how that would benefit you at uni etc.
The second is in regards to best academic achievement. Should I do this part before or after trials?
The third is about why I have chosen to study my course etc.

Any key points I should add within specific responses?

Thanks in advance !!

All the best :)

I was going to post the same thing!!!

moon_princess

HSC
Haha what a coincidence! You can still post yours if you want, and feel free to take the same advice here.

I submitted mine today! Would you like some help?
hi! im drafting my e12 application right now and i was just wondering if there's anything that you've focused on when writing the three questions? any help with be appreciated!

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
hi! im drafting my e12 application right now and i was just wondering if there's anything that you've focused on when writing the three questions? any help with be appreciated!
Hey!

So in regards to the first question, I didn't choose a random activity I've done, but rather I chose something that would be best suited to the field I want to get into. I think that would be able to really differentiate you in the selection process because remember, there are going to be two types of responses here, the first being really extra like going to Africa for volunteer work etc, and the second being something common like sports. I don't think it really matters what it is you've done, but rather something that best represents you and that is well suited for your course so that you're able to reflect that within your uni work- don't be intimidated with other responses. For the second question, it requires you to choose your best academic achievement, so there's not really much we can change here. If you'd like to submit your application now, then submit your current overall marks and ranks, and then once your trial results are out, you can change them depending on if they're better or not. And for the final question, what you really want to focus on here is your passion for your chosen course, and that contributing to your desire to study it and pursue a career within that field etc.

Hope it helps! All the best!

moon_princess

HSC
Hey!

So in regards to the first question, I didn't choose a random activity I've done, but rather I chose something that would be best suited to the field I want to get into. I think that would be able to really differentiate you in the selection process because remember, there are going to be two types of responses here, the first being really extra like going to Africa for volunteer work etc, and the second being something common like sports. I don't think it really matters what it is you've done, but rather something that best represents you and that is well suited for your course so that you're able to reflect that within your uni work- don't be intimidated with other responses. For the second question, it requires you to choose your best academic achievement, so there's not really much we can change here. If you'd like to submit your application now, then submit your current overall marks and ranks, and then once your trial results are out, you can change them depending on if they're better or not. And for the final question, what you really want to focus on here is your passion for your chosen course, and that contributing to your desire to study it and pursue a career within that field etc.

Hope it helps! All the best!
thank you so much!! i appreciate it :))))

moon_princess

HSC

Good luck!
hi hi do you mind sending me your response to the questions or even have any advice for writing the three questions?

taymccarthy

HSC
Hi! I’m looking to apply to e12 at usyd next year and this advice was extremely helpful. I would love if possible if you could email me you application. Thanks :)

muskasarbaz

HSC

Good luck!
This was so helpful!! If you could also email me your application I would appreciate it so much but no pressure! I was also wondering what you're currently studying and how your finding uni?
From a current year 12 student, thank you and have a good one!!

jermeabj_13

HSC

Good luck!
Hi there!
I was wondering if you could please send over your E12 Application :)
Could I privately send you my email ID?
Thank you!!

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi there!
I was wondering if you could please send over your E12 Application :)
Could I privately send you my email ID?
Thank you!!
Hello, this user has made his application available via the following thread:

laterz laterz

HSC
Hello, this user has made his application available via the following thread:

Legend. Thank you so much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)