Aboriginal children in care now exceeds stolen generations (1 Viewer)

hpdanemma

HSC
John Oliver said:
Urk... relativists. Our culture is greater than their culture because we have greater lifestyles and far better lifestyle indicators.

Their culture is hunter gatherer peasant living where you die around age 22 because a cut gets infected and it can't be treated.

This argument is ridculous. You're firstly saying that these people are a) unable to grow up outside of their culture and not be well adjusted (nice racism, fuckwits), you're secondly saying that these people should be mollycoddled.

Amazing. How can people be so glaringly racist whilst thinking they're doing the right thing.
Lol wow there are so many errors in your post I don't really know what to say.
You obviously don't know what culture means. Culture refers to things like ones language, art, spirituality, beliefs etc. You're saying that "our culture is greater than their culture" in reference to our apparent "better lifestyle indicators". First of all I think you mean white SOCIETY is "greater" rather than culture. This statement is ridiculas and your supposed points you've provided to support it are completely insubstancial. I assume by you saying "our(s) is greater" you mean that, unlike westerners of course, poverty and abuse is intrinsic to Aboriginal society/culture. Are you aware that THERE IS POVERTY/CRAP EVERYWHERE? It's not some innate quality which applies to only Aboriginals! Guess what sunshine, there are plenty of 'white people' under the poverty line and plenty of Aboriginals above it. As I've said before, your lifestyle is somewhat dependent on your environment and upbringing blah blah blah.

Their culture is hunter gatherer peasant living where you die around age 22 because a cut gets infected and it can't be treated.
Um, what?
Firstly, "peasent living" and life expectancy have zilch to do with ones culture. And where the hell do you get this information from?? Your own ass by the sounds of things. Do you have ANY idea the amount of Aboriginals which actually live like that? Well, if you don't, then I'll tell you. There are extremely little amounts of Aboriginals choosing to live a traditional lifestyle, in fact one of Aboriginals problems is their loss of heritage and cultural identity.
Age 22 from an infected cut??? WTF?
I can't decide if you're being serious[aka insane] and talking about modern Aboriginals or if you're making a reference to how they lived before white invasion.
The life expectancy averages about 20 or so years younger than non-indigenous Australians. You are so condescending I feel low even replying to this comment.
And what?? When did I say theyre unable to grow up outside their own culture?! wtf do you even mean by "grow up"? Aboriginals aren't children, or do you mean we're saying Aboriginal children can't grow up in western society? Where the fuck are you getting this from? ANYONE can do ANYTHING. All I've been saying is that there are plenty of reasons so many Aboriginals are in this disgusting situation, and I'm not denying non-indigenous people aren't, but we're staying to the topic.
And for calling me racist, that just makes me lol.
I mean COME ON; read what you just wrote, will you?

Last edited:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
hpdanemma said:
Lol wow there are so many errors in your post I don't really know what to say.
You obviously don't know what culture means. Culture refers to things like ones language, art, spirituality, beliefs etc. You're saying that "our culture is greater than their culture" in reference to our apparent "better lifestyle indicators". First of all I think you mean white SOCIETY is "greater" rather than culture. This statement is ridiculas and your supposed points you've provided to support it are completely insubstancial. I assume by you saying "our(s) is greater" you mean that, unlike westerners of course, poverty and abuse is intrinsic to Aboriginal society/culture. Are you aware that THERE IS POVERTY/CRAP EVERYWHERE? It's not some innate quality which applies to only Aboriginals! Guess what sunshine, there are plenty of 'white people' under the poverty line and plenty of Aboriginals above it. As I've said before, your lifestyle is somewhat dependent on your environment and upbringing blah blah blah.

Um, what?
Firstly, "peasent living" and life expectancy have zilch to do with ones culture. And where the hell do you get this information from?? Your own ass by the sounds of things. Do you have ANY idea the amount of Aboriginals which actually live like that? Well, if you don't, then I'll tell you. There are extremely little amounts of Aboriginals choosing to live a traditional lifestyle, in fact one of Aboriginals problems is their loss of heritage and cultural identity.
Age 22 from an infected cut??? WTF?
I can't decide if you're being serious[aka insane] and talking about modern Aboriginals or if you're making a reference to how they lived before white invasion.
The life expectancy averages about 20 or so years younger than non-indigenous Australians. You are so condescending I feel low even replying to this comment.
And what?? When did I say theyre unable to grow up outside their own culture?! wtf do you even mean by "grow up"? Aboriginals aren't children, or do you mean we're saying Aboriginal children can't grow up in western society? Where the fuck are you getting this from? ANYONE can do ANYTHING. All I've been saying is that there are plenty of reasons so many Aboriginals are in this disgusting situation, and I'm not denying non-indigenous people aren't, but we're staying to the topic.
And for calling me racist, that just makes me lol.
I mean COME ON; read what you just wrote, will you?
Look at you.

You are an apologist for everything wrong with Aboriginals.

Go build some Aboriginals a hugbox to make them feel better about their inability to achieve anything in normal society (unless of course you count drinking three cartons of beer in a single sitting an achievement).

hpdanemma

HSC
Go build some Aboriginals a hugbox to make them feel better about their inability to achieve anything in normal society (unless of course you count drinking three cartons of beer in a single sitting an achievement).
Thanks for your post, it was extremely beneficial for myself and the discussion. My favourite is that first impactful line of "Look at you." Hahaha xD

Yes, "their inability to achieve (nothing) in normal society", thanks for forwarding the debate. Good to see people are reading into what I wrote and not just assuming I'm bullshitting.

Without the sarcasm, the fact that you [as many others] have just categorized an entire cultural group of individuals as not being able to achieve anything in "normal" society [surely you know that normal is subjective, moron] and that you've said the highest achievement for an Aboriginal will be to drink three cartons of beer in a single sitting means you're uninformed and don't actually give a shit.
Atleast other people have proposed SOLUTIONS and given reasons behind their views. You have managed to personally attack me for no apparent reason lol other than the fact I know some things [very little to be honest considering how much is out there] about disadvantages faced by indigenous Australians.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
hpdanemma said:
Thanks for your post, it was extremely beneficial for myself and the discussion. My favourite is that first impactful line of "Look at you." Hahaha xD

Yes, "their inability to achieve (nothing) in normal society", thanks for forwarding the debate. Good to see people are reading into what I wrote and not just assuming I'm bullshitting.

Without the sarcasm, the fact that you [as many others] have just categorized an entire cultural group of individuals as not being able to achieve anything in "normal" society [surely you know that normal is subjective, moron] and that you've said the highest achievement for an Aboriginal will be to drink three cartons of beer in a single sitting means you're uninformed and don't actually give a shit.
Atleast other people have proposed SOLUTIONS and given reasons behind their views. You have managed to personally attack me for no apparent reason lol other than the fact I know some things [very little to be honest considering how much is out there] about disadvantages faced by indigenous Australians.
'DISADVANTAGES' FACED BY ABORIGINALS

1. They are a stupid race of people
2. No self control
3. Unable to take responsibility for their actions
4. Apparently some of them really like to molest children

Here is a solution: it's 9 mm in diameter and costs 25 cents. You just put them against the wall and that's a solution which is final. A final solution, if you will.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Hmm, yes, I think my comment about them drinking three cartons of beer in a single sitting was uniformed, really.

Surely some of them (and by them I mean Aboriginals) would have built up such a tolerance to alcohol that they would be drinking five, or even ten, cartons plus in a single session. Not to mention it's just plain naive to think a sitting goes for say 3 or 4 hours; those Aboriginals that have nothing to do probably go on for 48 hours or more.

HSC
i was talking about your proposal to line the aboriginies up and put a bullet through them.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Fuck. The only thing I can't handle from these retards is when they continually say -
"NICE CONTRIBUTION TO THE DISCUSSION"
"THX, YR CONTRIBUTION RLY BENEFITED THE DISCUSSION"

Shut the fuck up with that shit you retards, nobody gives a shit that you guys thing your argument is far superior because it's based on a crock of apologetic shit.

hpdanemma

HSC
katie tully said:
Fuck. The only thing I can't handle from these retards is when they continually say -
"NICE CONTRIBUTION TO THE DISCUSSION"
"THX, YR CONTRIBUTION RLY BENEFITED THE DISCUSSION"

Shut the fuck up with that shit you retards, nobody gives a shit that you guys thing your argument is far superior because it's based on a crock of apologetic shit.
HAHAHAHA! Thats really funny because I've seen many people say that to others on this thread but this is the first time I've said it to someone else. In fact there are two from the previous page;
"Great great great thanks for adding nothing to the thread. "
"Thanks for your stunning lack of any addition to the thread 09"
Funny that you didn't feel the need to attack John Oliver for these posts. OH and you yourself said "Yeah cool story dude, take your little morality rants elsewhere. Nobody gives a shit."
lololol

And if you read his post(s) and and think it was beneficial to this thread then that's your problem, because it's blatantly obvious that he's a complete racist idiot who's using his emotions to say uninformed SHIT and won't look at the subject seriously.

jb_nc, I'm not even going to bother rebutting to what you're saying, you have no sensible points or solutions and everyone with half a brain can see that.

katie I assume you're just shitstiring with the Arab comment and seeing as though it has nothing to do with this then I couldn't care less.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
serious question for the "apologists"

if every indigenous australian was living in a town or city, working or going to school or uni and taking advantage of the way most australians live, would their culture be dead?

hpdanemma

HSC
Will Shakespear said:

if every indigenous australian was living in a town or city, working or going to school or uni and taking advantage of the way most australians live, would their culture be dead?
No I don't think it would-it's up to both the individuals and communities to keep the culture "alive". But you can live anywhere and keep ones cultural belief active especially if there were like, I dunno, special days to celebrate their indigenous heritage? And I think education on any level is the key to getting people out of slums etc
That being said, it is not up to other people to decide how another individual should or should not live their life. It's the same with all people that are homeless or living in slums/abuse etc, except probably a bit harder for Aboriginals cause of the racial barriers everyone's got in place [both indigenous and non indigenous].
We've let many Aboriginal communities turn into these hell holes through ignoring it in the past, and it's good that atleast people know about it now. It's going to take a lot of time to rehabilitate these communities, and it'll work a lot better if people try to be patient and understanding [that goes for all individuals in these disadvantaged situation, not just Aboriginals].
Anywho I'm not sure where I stand on completely integrating Aboriginals into mainstream society. If they want that, then that's really great :), but I'm sure many of them don't. The rest of society has to stop stereotyping them as alcoholic child abusers if they expect indigenous Australians to WANT to be part of mainstream society.
Maybe if mainstream society adopts and teaches about more Aboriginal culture in schools and not just the history [although I remember being taught it in primary schools] and if a serious effort to maintain the culture, which is already fairly diminished, then that will encourage positive attitudes towards both indigenous and non-indigenous Australians?

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Will Shakespear said:

Honestly, who cares. If Aboriginals want to sit around a camp-fire, bang big sticks together and blow into hollow trees, well then, sure, go right ahead, but don't complain when you can't get to a doctor within 200 km or a school within the same distance.

I don't think a majority of Aboriginals are responsible enough people to do anything you just mentioned. There are two things Aboriginals can do: 1. Drink alcohol 2. Feel indignated because of "discrimination" (even though there are many government programmes which help Indigenous Australians specifically including nepotic appointments to government jobs).

Last edited:

RSVPixie

HSC
N/A
jb_nc said:
There are two things Aboriginals can do: 1. Drink alcohol 2. Feel indignated because of "discrimination"
may i point out exactly what youve just said is the kind of discrimiation they face?

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
RSVPixie said:
may i point out exactly what youve just said is the kind of discrimiation they face?
No you may not

RSVPixie

HSC
N/A
jb_nc said:
No you may not
bit late.. sorry!

i was only half-offering in an attempt to be polite. :)

and my point is perfectly valid, so deal with it :)

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
RSVPixie said:
bit late.. sorry!

i was only half-offering in an attempt to be polite. :)

and my point is perfectly valid, so deal with it :)
Actually it isn't. Please explain how those two points are "discrimination" they may face. Extrapolate how those two points cover every single person who may come into contact with an Aboriginal and, thus, discriminate against them. Your 'point' is more like 'nonsense'.

Then I will respond.

Last edited:

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Guys, if you say Aboriginals like alcohols and to feel indignation, that's discrimination.

You're being discriminatory to Aboriginals.

RSVPixie

HSC
N/A
jb_nc said:
Actually it isn't.

Please explain how those two points are "discrimination" they may face.

Then I will respond.
negative discrimination [the kind i am discussing] is the unfair treatment or PREJUDICING of a group or an individual.

you have classified a group of people under a certain negative behaviour or action and through this are assisting in creating a stigma of aboriginal people, i.e. 'There are two things Aboriginals can do: 1. Drink alcohol' and implying that they wallow in self indignation is not a necessarily positive image either, is it now sweetie? that falls directly under the definition of discrimination [in the negative sense], as well as stereotyping and prejudice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)