Belonging: Related Text Suggestions (1 Viewer)

Nerdygirl

HSC
Uni Grad
If your studying Skrzynecki my suggestion is "The Happiest refugee" by Ahn Do it provides a great starting point I also suggest his new picture book "The little Refugee" which is an adapation of the above.

bigbirdbanana

HSC
Mrs Dalloway - Virginia Woolf :) I used it for The Crucible, it was a really interesting combination.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
poems are also a good choice..heaps of poetic techniques to bulk up paragraphs :) something like dorothea mackellar's my country or we are going by Oodgeroo Noonuccal or something.

Dudelikewtf

HSC
just wondering if 'the shawshank redemption' would be a good belonging text?

Timske

Sequential
HSC
Uni Grad
poems are horrible try using film or short stories

simonwang12

HSC
hey do you know where i can access those 'into the wild' notes? the link doesn't work anymore

townsy123

HSC
Question - for belonging related texts and prescribed - would you recommend structuring the essay thematically? or doing it let say poem by poem, then do related text at the end?

Danni94

HSC
I used the film Soul Surfer and the picture book, The Rabbits. They both worked well when having to talk about how external factors can affect ones ability to belong :)

sodam

HSC
best related texts for belonging include; As YOu like it by W.Shakespeare, Emily Dickinson poems, Peter Skyrenzci Poems or the Mercchant of venice
and if you're indie, try 'how to be indie' (a tv show on abc)

smarcus6

HSC
for the half yearlies i choose Eragon - Christopher paolini. the movie is "inspired" by the book and is practically star wars made into a fantasy instead of sci-fi. but the book was pretty good.

also assassin's apprentice by Robin hobb.

not sure if anyone suggested them though

fffyu

HSC
N/A
Gran Torino. it's about two individuals trying to drift away from seclusion in seclusion in De troit. it's very good

TMR3

HSC
If your studying Skrzynecki my suggestion is "The Happiest refugee" by Ahn Do it provides a great starting point I also suggest his new picture book "The little Refugee" which is an adapation of the above.
Is it possible to use a text that you've already studied in year 11 as a belonging related text - would it seem as though you're taking the 'easy way out' to teachers and markers?

Ms106

Complexity
HSC
Is it possible to use a text that you've already studied in year 11 as a belonging related text - would it seem as though you're taking the 'easy way out' to teachers and markers?
How would a marker know that you had studied it?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Yes, you can do it. However, your school teachers would recognise it and probably not approve (you wouldn't get marked down though). A marker wouldn't know, but if it's done by schools, there's a good chance it's already a well done text, and your essay would have to be very impression because there's a greater pool of comparison.

huynguyencab

HSC
I'm looking for a related text (for my speech, not the essay) accordingly to this statement: "Every person has the potential to enrich or challenge a community or group". I've chosen "The Lost Thing - Shaun Tan" but I'm still considering because when I write the speech, I somehow can't refer the speech back to the statement, what would you guys prefer?

eat_well

HSC
Does anyone have a short story?
I'm using it for the immigrant chronicles but I can't seem find pertaining to the issue of migrants. I know it doesn't have to be about migrants but I prefer it to be just so I have more similarities to talk about.

xDarkSilent

HSC
Uni Grad
Shaun Tan Picture books are good for belonging related . I used it as a related for my AOS essay, and i got pree good marks relating it to the red tree by Shaun Tan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)