do the asians hard to adjust to the life in MQ? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iknight89

HSC
Hey im Chinese and i was born here in Aus. I get along well with everyone and anyone, honestly its just my opinion but its not worth it to put so much effort in trying to fit in/trying to change yourselves to adjust with locals, just be yourselves and see where it takes you.

Its not like the locals here are higher class or in anyway better then you guys that came from overseas (some might think they are better but they are just ignorant). Were all the same so relax have a good time and just be yourselves.

Hope MQ will be everything you've hoped it to be and better ^_^

bukwow

I am a Banana
HSC
Re: Why you guys hate asians so much??

ok since this thread has got to be the least constructive thread ever, i'll have my input on why ppl might hate asians so much.

i'm asian myself, but i'm mainly ABC so if im racist or anything, its ok... its considered 2nd degree racism lol

i would have to say most of the international asians tend avoid all other local students asian or aussie alike and just hang around with their group. sure it may be hard for some international students to mingle with local students but theres quite a few ive met who are just cocky as.

there are also some who just doesn't give a toss about passing the subject even though their parents pay 20k a year for them to stay in uni and their just stuck up that their parents are rich? like who gives a shit that their spoilt

don't get me wrong i have quite a few international students as friends who are nice but ive had a fair number of students who just pisses me off because they think that they're too cool to learn english so they decide to write chinese onto their english notes and hope they can wing the subject with their stupid dictionaries

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A

I don't hate asians. They just happen to be the vast majority off people in the categories I hate. Namely, those who take up all the desks in the library just to sleep and those who some how make the library stink like crap. :)

Viridis

HSC

Race card.
u should know that I made this thread to make understandable why local hate asians and how to resolve that problem..
so we,asians can adjust with aussie life

no race card at all !

:shy::shy:

blackrider89

HSC
Hey im Chinese and i was born here in Aus. I get along well with everyone and anyone, honestly its just my opinion but its not worth it to put so much effort in trying to fit in/trying to change yourselves to adjust with locals, just be yourselves and see where it takes you.

Its not like the locals here are higher class or in anyway better then you guys that came from overseas (some might think they are better but they are just ignorant). Were all the same so relax have a good time and just be yourselves.

Hope MQ will be everything you've hoped it to be and better ^_^
Very well-worth opinion :angel:.
Granting one cannot treat himself / his relatives with much respect, who can?

Last edited:

thommy

HSC
N/A
Sligthly off topic, but I think that we should all just hold hands and get along, and not divide ourselves according to things like race. Whites, blacks and asians are all equal in the eyes of God.

blackrider89

HSC
Sligthly off topic, but I think that we should all just hold hands and get along, and not divide ourselves according to things like race. Whites, blacks and asians are all equal in the eyes of God.
With reference to the case, it's in the eyes of human beings - how sad it is.

Viridis

HSC

I agree!!

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC

Hi guys,
Im Indonesian and currently still in 12 grade senior high school
and im going to MQ (actually SIBT first:shy:) next year on june

So I just so curious with this question

Why u guys hate asians so much?
what makes u hate us so much??

All reply will be appreciated because I have to know ours behaviour that u guys dont like, so next year I can adjust my attitude and behaviour to settle in MQ nicely...

thx before for replying my post
cheers :shy::shy::shy:
This made me really sad :(

HSC
I am a chinese and i will go to MQ on March 2010,cuz i want to make friends with locals asap so that i can fully enjoy the foreign lives as well as pratice english,do the asians always find it hard to get along well with the local people?:lol::lol:
hey man.

I'm sure you will get along with people in MQ.

There's lots of chinese international students at MQ, I always see them in the library and they are very hard working students.

As with the locals..I found some are very arrogant etc, but there are also some who are good to be friends with.

Just be yourself and be friendly.

Last edited:

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC

Because it reaffirms not only the racism that underlies western ignorance, but shows that the Australian image promotes cultural conformism. The fact that an outsider perceives that we 'hate Asians' and wants to know why, is a sad reflection on us and where we're going. I really resent the fact that people decide that non-white Australians or exchange students are somehow not worthy. It's so sad :(

Monstar

HSC

Because it reaffirms not only the racism that underlies western ignorance, but shows that the Australian image promotes cultural conformism.

It can be argued that multiculturalism doesnt work.. Alot of these cultures have clashes and conflicts, so whats going to happen when they are neighbouring suburbs? An example of this are the singhalese (sp?) and the tamals..

frostless

HSC
hey everybody,i am back.

i have travelled to other places in the last few past days,so surprised that there were so many replies in this thread.

my visa has been approved and i am going to study as a postgraduate students,maybe slightly older than you guys.

HSC
I like Asians except the ones that huddle together jabbering away in chinese (probably gossiping about you) surrounding the microwaves and eating noodles.
Hmm..I don't really understand why some people don't like it when others speak their native language..if you can't understand it..then tough luck..

and what's wrong with eating noodles? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)