Do YoO think this is weird?? (1 Viewer)

s2caz

just smile.
HSC
ive got a few friends in your position.
i dont mind and no its not weird.
when my friend first started going out with him,
yeah~~ everyone was a bit.. errr
but hey~~ they're all really nice guys..
like my big bros actually =]
i dont know what will happen after though..;;
its like.. they're at the age to settle down
and we're at the age to start having fun..!!

69gulrez69

HSC
it is weird, but if its working, why the fuck do you care what other people think?

My personal opinion is, its cool for you to go out with someone older(i certanianly think it is!),but I just don't understant him, , coz it would be really hard for me to respect someone who is much younger than me.

So is this a serious relationship, as in do u wana marry him in the future?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
zelda011 said:
And it's bad enough already, i can't even watch the news without seeing 10 stories about P platers wrapped around telegraph poles. It's just perpetuating a stereotype that isn't really true (like most of them aren't).
I don't like it either but it's not just a stereotype. Most of the p-platers I know have crashed their car at some stage. I can think of 6 p-platers who have totalled their cars and I could probably add a couple more if I had time to think about it. One person I know that hasn't had an accident yet is a horrible driver, it's almost a miracle that he hasn't crashed yet. And the only time I have ever been in an accident was when an idiot p-plater accelerated through a light without noticing traffic stopped on the other side and crashed into the back of me.

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
I do think it something other than all right, but weird is not necessarily the word I would use. When I was younger than you some of the girls in my year went out with guys five or so years older (i.e ones out of school). I'm about the same age as those guys are now and looking back at girls still in high school they just seem so young and it does feel wrong to consider them in that way. Even the freshers this year at uni seemed a little young by comparison.
Secondly, I do know guys from back home, who I grew up with, and now date school girls. They are the biggest losers in just about everyone's opinion. Sorry, to spoil your fantasy, but there is something inherently wrong in that scenario. Wait until you get out and live life more, then look back and you'll probably be surprised at your gullibility. Everyone thinks they're mature whilst they're growing up. Once your out in the real world it all changes.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Enlightened_One said:
I do think it something other than all right, but weird is not necessarily the word I would use. When I was younger than you some of the girls in my year went out with guys five or so years older (i.e ones out of school). I'm about the same age as those guys are now and looking back at girls still in high school they just seem so young and it does feel wrong to consider them in that way. Even the freshers this year at uni seemed a little young by comparison.
I feel exactly the same way.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
They mainly act like morons, unappealing

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
It's interesting that the OP created this topic asking for thoughts on the matter, yet is unable to hack any opinion that isn't one she wanted to hear. Honey, if you don't like the answer, DON'T ASK THE QUESTION. How could you not realize that dating a guy eleven years older than you is weird when you're so young? Maybe in five years time the age difference won't mean so much, but for now it's huge. And yes, the fact that your parents are encouraging this behavior IS questionable.

Have you asked yourself WHY a man who is approaching his 30s is dating a school girl? I doubt it. Because there is no response to that question that you're gonna like.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Jachie said:
Have you asked yourself WHY a man who is approaching his 30s is dating a school girl? I doubt it. Because there is no response to that question that you're gonna like.
I bet it's because she looks hot in her uniform.

rr.dun.dun

HSC
//Niix// said:
Im just curious..does anyone think a 17 year old going out with a 28 year old is weird, even if he is totally sweet and hot, doesnt look his age and treats me soO well. Cos ive been copping a bit of ..how shud i say it..concern.. from my friends, they dnt understand! and im getting goddamn annoyed! As far as im concerned, he has more sense and experience than any 17 year old i know, so thats a bonus. what do u guys think?? :confused:
i think thats way over the top. he is like 10 years older than you. imagine when he was 13 you were just 3. its inappropriate

Evilo

HSC
rr.dun.dun said:
i think thats way over the top. he is like 10 years older than you. imagine when he was 13 you were just 3. its inappropriate
i agree with you, but would you reconsider if she was 35, and he was 45? One of your parents friends might have that age gap.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Evilo said:
i agree with you, but would you reconsider if she was 35, and he was 45? One of your parents friends might have that age gap.
That's completely different though. They're both adults, the difference in maturity and mindset would be nowhere near as massive as a 17 year old dating a guy approaching 30.

zelda011

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I don't like it either but it's not just a stereotype. Most of the p-platers I know have crashed their car at some stage. I can think of 6 p-platers who have totalled their cars and I could probably add a couple more if I had time to think about it. One person I know that hasn't had an accident yet is a horrible driver, it's almost a miracle that he hasn't crashed yet. And the only time I have ever been in an accident was when an idiot p-plater accelerated through a light without noticing traffic stopped on the other side and crashed into the back of me.
Fair point, but what i don't like is the way it's portrayed that we're the only ones who have accidents, i've never been in one with me or any of my friends who drive, we're all responsible (or try to be), we don't do any of this '180 in a 50 zone' crap you hear on the news, that's just suicide. You can think of 6 p-platers who have totalled a car, i can think of 20 adults who I know who have totalled an average of about 5 since they started driving. It's a case-by-case scenario, if you're a responsible and calculating sort of person you're not as likely to have an accident. I think it also has a lot to do with the cars p-platers drive, they're either not good enough to not stop in the rain and skid 50 meters or they're far too good for someone who has been driving for <1 year. I'm just saying i think we've got a wrap we didn't earn.

xtina.gyl

HSC
i dont think its weird, probably because ive been in one of those realtionships too but it didnt last long lol just of the situation we were both in
it was 9 years not quite as much as yours but yeah its not weird

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
xtina.gyl said:
i dont think its weird, probably because ive been in one of those realtionships too but it didnt last long lol just of the situation we were both in
it was 9 years not quite as much as yours but yeah its not weird

I think you'll find your perspective will change in a few years.....

ellen.louise

HSC
Evilo said:
That's quite a different situation because they're both mature adults, rather than a schoolgirl and a man who's probably been working full time for the last 7-8 years. Even if she was 21 I think that would be alright, but ten years, at her age, is a bit much. She is about 2/3 his age.

killyridols

HSC
i know using a rule to judge this doesn't leave much room for exception, and the world isn't black and white like this BUT
rule of thumb is, halve your age then add seven
that's the minimum 'acceptable' age you can go out with
so he should be going out with a 21 year old at minimum

my dad is (much) over 20 years older than my mum, so i'm fairly open minded about age gaps in adult relationships. but there is something wrong about a 28 year old and a 17 year old.
for you, the situation has benefits: you have a cool older guy with a car and money you can show off to your friends, you also probably think that the whole thing is because you are so hot and mature for a 17 year old.
but what's in it for him? i hate to say it, but his friends would probably make fun of him for it, and you are in a different point in your life. as much as you'd like to say that you are as 'mature' as him, he will probably never really take you seriously because you are so much younger than him. he holds the power in your relationship
to me, a guy that age going out with a teenager just reeks of insecurity. he wants someone unthreatening to him

ellen.louise

HSC
killyridols said:
i know using a rule to judge this doesn't leave much room for exception, and the world isn't black and white like this BUT
rule of thumb is, halve your age then add seven
that's the minimum 'acceptable' age you can go out with
so he should be going out with a 21 year old at minimum
it doesn't work unless you're over the age of 14. otherwise you HAVE to date someone older than you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)