• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Do you believe in God? (1 Viewer)

Do you believe in God?

• Total voters

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Do you believe is God?

i assume that it would be an omnipotent, omnibenevolent, omniscient, perfect being
Interesting. So your saying God would be present everywhere, omnibenevolent, so a type of personalised spirit? And omniscient, powerful enough to be everywhere at once. hmm.

I assume that God is powerful, God cannot be created or destroyed and God can transfer forms (that is, be manifested in a variety of ways).

Freddici

HSC

What about Santa?? Can anybody actually prove he exists or doesn't??

RANK 1

HSC

yes, he doesnt exist because he hasnt delivered me christmas presents ever since i caught my parents putting presents under the tree. and he's never delivered the things on my wish list

HSC
Uni Grad

can you give me a quick summary, i'll read it when i get time (at work at the moment)
Talking about God in a (mostly) philosophical sense and how his existence can be explained in a way that makes sense in the modern world.
Also talks about other aspects of life at a philosophical level, explains shadowdude's girl rating system as pretty much normal (if only more structured than most).

Gr8 read highly recommended to everyone
Text is big so the 144 pages goes quick (to anyone who may find it deterring).

RANK 1

HSC

Talking about God in a (mostly) philosophical sense and how his existence can be explained in a way that makes sense in the modern world.
Also talks about other aspects of life at a philosophical level, explains shadowdude's girl rating system as pretty much normal (if only more structured than most).

Gr8 read highly recommended to everyone
Text is big so the 144 pages goes quick (to anyone who may find it deterring).
so is it a story or not?

HSC
Uni Grad

Main dude goes to deliver a package to some old guy and they have big ol' discussion.

So ye story but it talks about the real world.

Freddici

HSC

yes, he doesnt exist because he hasnt delivered me christmas presents ever since i caught my parents putting presents under the tree. and he's never delivered the things on my wish list
Doesn't mean he doesn't exist. It means your messages never got to him. You can't disprove Santa. It's also like aliens. Do they exist? No evidence doesn't mean they do or don't. Same with God.

RANK 1

HSC

Doesn't mean he doesn't exist. It means your messages never got to him. You can't disprove Santa. It's also like aliens. Do they exist? No evidence doesn't mean they do or don't. Same with God.
yea but you can calculate the probability of their existence, the probability of extraterrestrial life existing is almost 100%

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad

wat, energy is powerful, cannot be destroyed or created and can transfer forms
Precisely. But from the perspective of a theist, that would be an accurate definition of God. Since a theist's definition of God, aligns to the scientific definition of energy, does this mean that God is energy?

DavDav

Where is the Love?
HSC
Uni Grad

Just believe in what you want. We'll all find out one day or another. I for one believe in God because personally I have had experienced things that just cannot be scientifically explained.

cheese_cheese

HSC

Just believe in what you want. We'll all find out one day or another. I for one believe in God because personally I have had experienced things that just cannot be scientifically explained.
I agree.

Up until a few years back I was never religious and had never been. I then had a near death experience (died on the operating table before being brought back to life) and after that, I have no question now that God is real and watching.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)