(Finalised) Official BOS Mathematics Trial Examinations. (1 Viewer)

bleakarcher

HSC
It was a damn well written paper but I've never gotten as slayed by an exam paper as I was by this paper in my life haha.

karnbmx

HSC
Gee. That paper was the hardest I have ever done. Seriously.

Not looking forward to MX2.....

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
If that was the hardest paper you've ever done, the E4 cut-off will probably be ~40/70.

Can I have a copy of the paper?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
lol you should actually consider yourselves lucky...the paper when it was first written was much harder and longer thanks to Carrot's evil little mind. I'd like to think I played a role in campaigning for the paper to be made more doable (relatively) and this is the result lol :p

If this is the current opinion for Ext1, imagine the reactions to Ext2 on Wednesday...
The paper wouldn't have been what it was without your help. You checked it at LEAST 15 times and re-drafted it with me that many times. A huge effort on your part, and I cannot thank you enough for your help with this one, and the MX2 exam =)

Trust me you guys, if it weren't for Trebla, there would be little mistakes everywhere and it would have been a pretty crap paper. He is a lot more careful than I am with details.

Here is the thread to discuss the paper and various questions in it:

http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=290913&p=6088956#post6088956

Last edited:

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
It almost sounds as if the MX1 paper today was similar to the ones seen in Olympiad competitions. @carrot - please continue this inititative for next year and I'll see how I go in your paper in perhaps 2013-2014. Your paper will bow down to me. (inb4 Olympiad style Qs - i'll fail)

seanieg89

HSC
It almost sounds as if the MX1 paper today was similar to the ones seen in Olympiad competitions. @carrot - please continue this inititative for next year and I'll see how I go in your paper in perhaps 2013-2014. Your paper will bow down to me. (inb4 Olympiad style Qs - i'll fail)
For the record, the paper is considerably easier than most olympiads.

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
No lol, olympiads are on a whole other playing field imo but it was certainly quite difficult from what i have seen of it so far and definitely above the level of your average 3u paper

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
No lol, olympiads are on a whole other playing field imo but it was certainly quite difficult from what i have seen of it so far and definitely above the level of your average 3u paper
Yeah,maybe similar to the AMC instead. There is now hope for me in this paper ^^. Will still probably fall short in the exam though I won't be able to know til I try t.

kazemagic

HSC
The amount of questions I'm able to do in each paper:

2011 Extension 1 Maths HSC paper - 1
2012 Extension 1 Maths BOS paper - 0

gg

tomp1612

HSC
I just downloaded and had a look at the paper, it was pretty hard how do you reckon you went?

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Good luck to those doing the Ext2 paper in the morning!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)