How do i improve my ext2 results (1 Viewer)

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
+1. Although I think practice/experience is really important. You will go nowhere simply by learning the theory. At the same time, I think you have to have that extra degree of thinking. Its not purely mechainical maths.

MongMan

HSC
+1. Although I think practice/experience is really important. You will go nowhere simply by learning the theory. At the same time, I think you have to have that extra degree of thinking. Its not purely mechainical maths.
Really? Which module do you think this is most true for? Volumes/Mechanics I'm guessing.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
are those good for volumes as well?
I find that the Coroneos 4U Supplyment is good for Volumes, lots of hard questions and straightforward methods/examples.

Also good for circular motion in Mechanics. In the past few years examiners have actually questions from that Coroneos 4U Supplyment book.

lisl

HSC
does anyone know what the approximate mark cut offs are for hsc mx2 exam?!?!

jchoi

HSC
well stop using the fitzpatrick book for one thing
Sif!!!! fitzpatrick is the BEST book. Well, ok I use cambridge and past papers for questions and exercises, but fitzpatrick is the nicest on your eyes when you learn a new topic. For me, the moment I looked at a chapter of explanation in cambridge, my eyes just went off-focus because it just didn't appeal to my eyes enough to read. Haha...

Anyways always use more than one book, and cambridge is a must for 4unit.

Lol at namu's reply :p... Actually he's right. Studying smart is what is required for 4unit at this point, unless you are gifted or you have no life, and you don't need to eat or sleep.

But don't worry, 4unit is meant to be hard :p I failed trials (47/120) but I was up til 4 doing other stuff and studied til 7, when I had to leave for exam :p. If you're the only one doing ext2 dw about past marks tho, cuz your performance in external exam will be pretty much your HSC mark.

If I was to give you my lil way of improving 4unit marks was to do 20 past papers, and time yourself 1 hour to do Q1~3 of each paper, to get them close to perfect marks. I think for 4u, exam technique is a very influencial factor in getting marks. During reading time, you should look at your graph question and solve them in your head for easy quick 4~6 marks.

For volumes, I suck at them too, same as conics, but just know the basics to be able to just pick out at least some marks for the easy stuff and skip the ones you don't know and come back to them later if you can, and you should really be fine.

Anyways, just storm past papers like there's no tomorrow, and also make sure you're up to scratch on 3unit stuff like back to front, because good understanding of 3unit usually helps your 4u. I'm just a lil bit worried for you that your 3unit marks stooped because you need good 3u marks to do well in 4u.

jchoi

HSC
Haha, "mate";;;; What a sad boy.... Oh wells, not only does he pretend that it wasn't him but he fails to realise that not all schools use SAME TRIAL PAPERS. ;;; Which means one could be ridiculously harder than another....

Oh wells, do you see jm01, what I mean by your stupidity is spreading? The moment you post something, people go off topic.... Gosh... Now stop...

Haha btw, jm01, the person wrote the stuff above is my mate actually, i'm going to log off now.

Ciao

/jchoi logs off.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Haha, "mate";;;; What a sad boy....
Geez, I'm not sad to the extent that I feel a need to toture young children.

fails to realise that not all schools use SAME TRIAL PAPERS.
Lol, so you go to Sydney Grammar or some elite selective school? Because I don't think trials get any harder than theirs.

Which means one could be ridiculously harder than another....
So are you telling me that you came first with 39%? :rofl:

Haha btw, jm01, the person wrote the stuff above is my mate actually, i'm going to log off now.

Ciao

/jchoi logs off.
You do realise that there's no prize for seconds right?

jchoi

HSC
Geez, I'm not sad to the extent that I feel a need to toture young children.

Lol, so you go to Sydney Grammar or some elite selective school? Because I don't think trials get any harder than theirs.

So are you telling me that you came first with 39%? :rofl:

You do realise that there's no prize for seconds right?
;;; dot dot dot. Someone please knock some sense into this guy. Do you realise that you're making assumptions on:
1. that I wasn't directing the comment to you, but me.
2. Selective school = hardest trials
3. that you're the first person in the world to use a lame excuse "was my mate"

See you fail. You assume, you assume that non uniform circ motion will be in the exam, you assume all these "petty" factors. You just sound like a retarded troll in a forum that has nothing else to do but make an arse our of yourself. Now stop spreading the plague and gtfo.

Personally, I'd rather fail maths and HSC than be as sad as a cunt as you are, because no one likes you, and just to tell you, this isn't an assumption, it's a fair judgement from the observation of your lack of logics, and inability to stop yourself from redherring, or should I say "plan diversion!'. What the fuck are mods doing, clearly 2/3 of this guy's post are fucking offtopic.

Oh wait, it could be his friend. I'm sorry.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Actually, hate to burst your bubble jchoi, but hardest Trials generally alternate between Ruse, your school and my school. :p So yeah, Grammar are right up there.

As for everything else, I agree with jchoi. jm01 - you're really arrogant and obnoxious.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Since you cannot let this die down, I guess I'll address your points.

2. Selective school = hardest trials
So you're saying that selective schools have the easiest trials??? lmao.

You do realise that in any school they try to make it so that you get a decent spread. ie. no point in having a test that everybody will do really well in. Selective schools tend to have a good cohort, so you really think they make their trials easy?

3. that you're the first person in the world to use a lame excuse "was my mate"
Alright then name another person who used that "lame excuse".

See you fail.
Sorry, who failed maths? :p

You assume, you assume that non uniform circ motion will be in the exam, you assume all these "petty" factors.
Coming from someone who got 39% in their trials (Y).

You just sound like a retarded troll in a forum that has nothing else to do but make an arse our of yourself.
Pot calling the kettle black? :cook:

Personally, I'd rather fail maths and HSC than be as sad as a cunt as you are, because no one likes you
Glad you're justifying your math ability (or a thereof lack of ability). But what if I'm not the 'sad' and the 'cunt' that you're saying that I am? Who are you going to blame your result on now? Mr Imaginary living at Complex Number 1? XD

and just to tell you, this isn't an assumption
Who are you trying to convince?

it's a fair judgement from the observation of your lack of logics, and inability to stop yourself from redherring, or should I say "plan diversion!'.
Do you know what a 'redherring' is?

What the fuck are mods doing, clearly 2/3 of this guy's post are fucking offtopic.
My number of off topic posts = 2/3 * 1045 ??? And you were supporting the idea that I was going to fail HSC maths before :D.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
jm01 - you're really arrogant and obnoxious.
:S

Okay... because your opinion of me matters so much that I'm so desperate to seek your approval, and because you're the ultimate judge who categorises who is obnoxious and arrogant.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Oh and Mr Choi, seeing as I wont be reading this thread any longer say what pleases yourself now because I really cbf to reply to your stupid arguments. If you have anything more to say (that you actually want me to read) then me PM me. I'm not going to further flood these boards with your nonsense. *unsubscribes this thread*

joben

HSC
stop triple posting.....no wonder u hav such a high post count

Top Secret

HSC
I really cbf to reply
Phew. Thank god!

---

Oh and jm01 (I know you will continue to read this - common human psychology), I have to agree with Aerath. You do in fact sound very arrogant. I have not read this "other thread" you mentioned, but the way you talk will not get you anywhere in life.

Take a chill pill...seriously.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)