Israel–Gaza conflict (1 Viewer)

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Re: Israel killed 155 Terrorists in Gaza Airstrike

MissSarajevo said:
Israel is not the agressor, they are the liberator. They will liberate and provide freedom to millions of arabs in gaza who were oppressed by Terrorist Hamas. They will be remembered as the Saviour of Gazans. You ungrateful idiots needs to learn the art of appreciation.
I thought Hamas was voted in by the people.

zstar

HSC
N/A

Nebuchanezzar said:
I would argue that Gazans would be better off without Hamas in the short term.

Hamas was elected by popular vote.

They are a legitimate group unlike that puppet Mahmoud Abbas.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

^in an election sponsored by israel

lol, they prolly said at the time that they'll work with whoever won the election.

what a laugh that cuntry is.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Re: Israeli Gaza Airstrikes

JaredR said:
Israel has sent a strong message to the world and in particular the Palestinian people that she will not bow down to the mercy of callous attacks targeting her civillians.
So..300 people died for the sake of sending this message....

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

zstar said:
Hamas was elected by popular vote.

They are a legitimate group unlike that puppet Mahmoud Abbas.
yeah im just saying that they're not good for any palestinians in the short term. they would be far better off with a moderate leader who can provide security through beu...diplomacy, leading to a healthy two state solution prior to 1967 borders, with both sides having walls between them, full trade, no sanctions, defense forces etc etc etc

then Mahmoud Ahmadinejad can wipe Israel off the map! :idea:

MissSarajevo

HSC

chewy123 said:
I thought Hamas was voted in by the people.
Constitutionally sacked by the President, just like Whitlam was deposed by her majesty the Queen. But they violently mounted a coup and murdered 1000+ Palestinian Fatah party and ruled Gaza like Robert Mugabe's Zimbabwe. Thats NOT legitimate.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC

Melbourne's The Age reported that most of those killed were Hamas militants.

rasengan90

HSC

bigb0yjames said:
take my advice and just stick to aussie politics. You want the palestinians to lay down their arms while they are being bombed, under sieged, have their women give birth on checkpoints, have their kids shot at by israeli soldiers on their way to school, have their homes taken by jewish settlers, have more illegal settlements, and generally made prisoners in their own lands.

You are so out of your league on this issue it's frankly laughable. No doubt if you were kicked out of your house and made to live in a refugee camp like a prisoner you would actually try sympathies with the israeli's for carpet bombing Gaza and killing 300 people. what a fucking crack pot you are.
Rather than attack me (who you do not know) please counter my argument; keep things civil and act like a big boy. If I am so out of my league please tell me why, you don't seem to be able to explain why. I say they should not have taken arms up in the first place, if they did not they would not have been bombed. I do not agree with checkpoints because I support the two state solution laid out in the Camp David summit of 2000 (which was generous, would have led to peace and was shot down by Arafat) and I believe Arabs should be able to move freely and peacefully in their own state, the same right Jews have. I also do not support the settler movement, I think it endangers Arabs and Jews, the 'settlers' to me are simply a group of religious fanatics and the whole thing slows the peace process. I don't quite see how the Arabs are prisoners in Israel; they have serious socio-economic problems which need fixing but they are legally equal.

banco55

HSC

Good to see some Arab solidarity:

Egyptian border guards have opened fire on Palestinians who breached the border to escape Israel's assault on Hamas in the Gaza Strip.

An Egyptian security official said there were at least five breaches along the nine-mile border and hundreds of Palestinian residents were pouring in.

At least 300 Egyptian border guards have been rushed to the area to reseal the border, the official added on condition on anonymity because he was not authorised to speak to the press.

A resident of the Gaza Strip side of the border, Fida Kishta, said that Egyptian border guards opened fire to drive back the Palestinians.
Residents have also commandeered a bulldozer to open new breaches.
Palestinians reported several people were wounded by the gunfire.

The Press Association: Egyptians open fire on Palestinians

bigb0yjames

HSC

Musk said:
bigb0yjames, hate the nation not the jews
me and you have gone through this at uni. i dont fucking hate jews. i hate Israel. srsly, where in my posts have i under toned antisemitism?

bigb0yjames

HSC

rasengan90 said:
Rather than attack me (who you do not know) please counter my argument; keep things civil and act like a big boy. If I am so out of my league please tell me why, you don't seem to be able to explain why. I say they should not have taken arms up in the first place, if they did not they would not have been bombed. I do not agree with checkpoints because I support the two state solution laid out in the Camp David summit of 2000 (which was generous, would have led to peace and was shot down by Arafat) and I believe Arabs should be able to move freely and peacefully in their own state, the same right Jews have. I also do not support the settler movement, I think it endangers Arabs and Jews, the 'settlers' to me are simply a group of religious fanatics and the whole thing slows the peace process. I don't quite see how the Arabs are prisoners in Israel; they have serious socio-economic problems which need fixing but they are legally equal.
you seriously make me cringe. srsly.
you/moll/nolan can talk of the 2-state solution which the entire world, the UN (including the majority of the US population) but is consistently blocked by the US government), Israel's consistent violations of international law, sham proposals, Arafat's symbolic yet toothless role. The history is there. THE 2 STATE SOLUTION WILL NEVER HAPPEN. IT WILL NOT BENIFIT ISRAEL OR US HEGONOMY.

oh please, In Israel, citizenship and nationality are two different things. Both Jews and non-Jews may have Israeli citizenship, but nationality is based on race. There is a Jewish nationality and an Arab nationality. All citizens must register with their nationality. Then Israel sets legal rights based on nationality rather than just citizenship. This makes Israel no different from apartheid South Africa or Nazi Germany

rasengan90

HSC

bigb0yjames said:
you/moll/nolan can talk of the 2-state solution which the entire world, the UN (including the majority of the US population) but is consistently blocked by the US government), Israel's consistent violations of international law, sham proposals, Arafat's symbolic yet toothless role. The history is there. THE 2 STATE SOLUTION WILL NEVER HAPPEN. IT WILL NOT BENIFIT ISRAEL OR US HEGONOMY.

oh please, In Israel, citizenship and nationality are two different things. Both Jews and non-Jews may have Israeli citizenship, but nationality is based on race. There is a Jewish nationality and an Arab nationality. All citizens must register with their nationality. Then Israel sets legal rights based on nationality rather than just citizenship. This makes Israel no different from apartheid South Africa or Nazi Germany
You srsly make me facepalm.
The first paragraph wasn't really coherent. I guess what you are getting at is that Israel and the US are both Zionist machines which will not allow a peaceful Palestinian state to exist alongside Israel. Tell me then; what do you propose? What is a fair solution to both the Jews and the Arabs? A one state solution either means a state run by Jews or Arabs and the other being powerless because there is no fucking way either one is going to have a 50/50 government. I agree Israel's effort of integration is pretty piss poor, only 6% of govt. officials are Arab. Maybe you're a bright young fellow like Nebz and feel that all the Jews should 'get on boats and go back where they came from', if so to you I say fuck off and leave Australia to the Aboriginies, leave your family and your birthplace and go to a place you have never been to live the rest of your life. Even if you believe that the two state solution will never happen it is obviously the best solution.

"The only legal distinction between Arab and Jewish citizens is not one of rights, but rather of civic duty. Since Israel's establishment, Arab citizens have been exempted from compulsory service in the Israel Defense Forces (IDF)." - Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Please, find me laws which are set for Arabs and oppress them so.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC

bigb0yjames said:

Arabs and Jews are both Semitic dude. They're pretty much the exact same race due to centuries of inter-breeding. That's why you never hear any racist remarks from one side to the other, because there is virtually no biological difference between the two. The only physical difference between them is the length and style of their hair, which is obviously trivial.
So your claim that the Israelis are being racist in their legal system is laughable.

bigb0yjames

HSC

moll. said:
Arabs and Jews are both Semitic dude. They're pretty much the exact same race due to centuries of inter-breeding. That's why you never hear any racist remarks from one side to the other, because there is virtually no biological difference between the two. The only physical difference between them is the length and style of their hair, which is obviously trivial.
So your claim that the Israelis are being racist in their legal system is laughable.
umm. im not claiming anything. i spoke the truth. there is a Jewish nationality and an Arab nationality. All citizens must register with their nationality. Then Israel sets legal rights based on nationality rather than just citizenship. fucking google it.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC

bigb0yjames said:

Sorry, what?

bigb0yjames

HSC

wow. i made an error. kudos to you for finding it. *claps*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)