Muhammad Cartoon Controversy (1 Viewer)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Re: Jihad Against Danish Newspaper

Not-That-Bright said:
Over at the JREF forums www.randi.org there's a big discussion about the existance of 'love'. It is a much, much more tangible thing than belief in a God, which is of course where this whole 'dont draw the prophet' thing comes from...
whats this randi site about?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC

Skepticism.

Salima: Can you please address why it is that we should respect all beliefs... even crazy illogical ones such as 'do not draw the prophet' ? I mean... there's alot of crazy beliefs out there that alot of people get offended about people ridiculing :/

get_born

SashatheMan said:
you are not as brainwashed as others, plus you do not have the resources, the connections or enough courage to kill someone or to care out an terrorsit attack.

but alot of your muslim counterparts do

I dont know if thats a compliment or an insult. why would i want courage to kill someone or carry out a terrorist attack? I'd prefer to think that people who commit such acts are actually cowards because their killing innocent people by surprise instead of addressing whatever their issues are through words. And who said my 'muslim counterparts' who commit such acts are even human - and along the same lines if a christian or atheist did the same i dont think their human either.

davin

HSC
N/A

and, relating to that, so, should those who are muslim respect those that believe that, what was the charge earlier, that mohammad was a pedophile?

banco55

HSC

Salima said:
I'm talking about the way the goverment in australia ia playing up home grown terrorism here. And I have significant doubts about the poeple taken in apparently planning an attack.

I just mean a lot of people have stupid rediculous ideas abotu muslims and islam and they often think they are correct and spread this stupidity arounbd..it's like eveyrones thoughts on islam are histerical all the time, but not in the screaming rappagin kind of mass histerics just the thoughts of the kind floating around and int he media is this way. And I just as much as you could be blown up in a bomb explosion, becuase I could be in the smae palce it happens just like everyone else. It happens you know.

I can't be bothered to explain becuase everything wiht you is just shit, you think i speka shit jsut beucase i believ in islam, and i don't like that...why talkto someone os closed off...i've said this to you before and you jsut uttered some closed-off guy kind of words.
Yes the fear of muslim terrorists in western countries is all hysteria. The 7/7 bombings, 9/11 etc. never happened. You never noticed Australians aren't worried about buddhists or hindus bombing the opera house?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A

last_chance said:
I dont know if thats a compliment or an insult. why would i want courage to kill someone or carry out a terrorist attack? I'd prefer to think that people who commit such acts are actually cowards because their killing innocent people by surprise instead of addressing whatever their issues are through words. And who said my 'muslim counterparts' who commit such acts are even human - and along the same lines if a christian or atheist did the same i dont think their human either.
i am saying i know yuor not a terrorist, , but other muslims with connections to explosives etc who have the same views as you , or even more fundemental belieefs, will use the terrorist connections to kill people just because they disagree with someones view point

Salima

HSC

davin said:
and, relating to that, so, should those who are muslim respect those that believe that, what was the charge earlier, that mohammad was a pedophile?
no because this like drawing the prophet is insulting and degrading...if u had a prophet i wouldn't say this about him or her. Especially if they are lies.

And it is only a small amount of the islamic world that includes themselves in bombings...like how christian terrorism in the last decades has been mainly in chechiia, bosnia and northern ireland.

davin

HSC
N/A

no because this like drawing the prophet is insulting and degrading...if u had a prophet i wouldn't say this about him or her. Especially if they are lies.
but so now you're having to say that one belief doesn't count as much as another belief

the whole bombing element, and how widespread it is, is a nonissue. its not relevant to free speech beyond the threats ON free speech.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A

Salima said:

And it is only a small amount of the islamic world that includes themselves in bombings...like how christian terrorism in the last decades has been mainly in chechiia, bosnia and northern ireland.
who sais they are lies? you do.

i i think the basic message those cartoons is based on the reality of the situation, or what non-devoted non-muslim rational people think.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC

What if my prophet is really a pedophile, but i don't believe he is? do people have a right to call him a pedophile then?

get_born

SashatheMan said:
i am saying i know yuor not a terrorist, , but other muslims with connections to explosives etc who have the same views as you , or even more fundemental belieefs, will use the terrorist connections to kill people just because they disagree with someones view point
And I'm saying anyone who does such a thing is mental. And these so called people with connections are a minority. And *cough, cough* I'd hate to think they share my same views... because if they were following Islam properly they wouldnt be killing innocent people.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC

Why do you guys keep avoiding the more difficult questions which actually point out the problems with your logic and instead continue to entertain relative questions where it's quite easy to defend your position?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A

last_chance said:
And I'm saying anyone who does such a thing is mental. And these so called people with connections are a minority. And *cough, cough* I'd hate to think they share my same views... because if they were following Islam properly they wouldnt be killing innocent people.
it seems to them , that YOU are not following islam properly and not fighting the holly war by getting rid of the non-beleivers.

get_born

davin said:
If some people believe that - what can we do. But to make a public spectacle of something and mock it degrading it for the sake of a 'laugh', then no. But if they believe that in their minds and argue their purpose in a debate or something then i dont see whats wrong with it. Of course I dont agree with it and that it may make me feel uncomfortable, but if they want to argue their point, then their free to do so - but just not mock and ridicule.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC

last_chance said:
If some people believe that - what can we do. But to make a public spectacle of something and mock it degrading it for the sake of a 'laugh', then no. But if they believe that in their minds and argue their purpose in a debate or something then i dont see whats wrong with it. Of course I dont agree with it and that it may make me feel uncomfortable, but if they want to argue their point, then their free to do so - but just not mock and ridicule.
So no beliefs should be open to ridicule? You don't believe that any belief should be open to ridicule?

get_born

SashatheMan said:
it seems to them , that YOU are not following islam properly and not fighting the holly war by getting rid of the non-beleivers.
What holy war? I can argue through words. And why would I get rid of non- believers? Some 'non-believers' happen to be my friends, doctors, teachers, neighbours and so on.

get_born

Not-That-Bright said:
So no beliefs should be open to ridicule? You don't believe that any belief should be open to ridicule?
no. I believe that they can be argued and discussed and debated but not made fun of.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC

no. I believe that they can be argued and discussed and debated but not made fun of.
So you don't think it's right to make fun of someone that believes the moon is made of cheese? Or someone that believes that all black people are inferior?

davin

HSC
N/A

so, you've never made fun of or laughed at anyone? never teased anyone for any reason?

get_born

Not-That-Bright said:
So you don't think it's right to make fun of someone that believes the moon is made of cheese? Or someone that believes that all black people are inferior?
Are they religions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)