Occupy Wall St (1 Viewer)

cheese_cheese

HSC
You sleep in middle of the city in the cold, in sleeping bags, in a dodgy make shift camp, making no money whilst there.

The 1% (or whatever) go home to their houses, sleep in their warm beds, eat lovely food knowing that after another day at work they've earnt some more money.

Why would you make them angry? Your just making life for yourselves worse than it would have been normally and wasting police resources
You have hit the nail on the head. Billions are oppressed while the 1% go home to their McMansions and live a life of luxury.

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
You have hit the nail on the head. Billions are oppressed while the 1% go home to their McMansions and live a life of luxury.
Self-imposed oppression. Because you're not out working in a job/earning a useful uni degree. You're living in a filthy camp lazily complaining... oh sorry, i meant 'Protesting'.

cheese_cheese

HSC
Self-imposed oppression. Because you're not out working in a job/earning a useful uni degree. You're living in a filthy camp lazily complaining... oh sorry, i meant 'Protesting'.
Excuse me but I already have a university degree and a job. The Occupy Movement is one of the greatest century defining moments in progress.

theone111

HSC
N/A
i only agree with u when we are talking about australians

we have it ridiculously easy here (which may change in the future)

but americans do have a reason to protest. the disparity between rich and poor is just increasing and its hard to make a living when ur life is practically predetermined by where you are born and who u are born to
+ no health care & all these other benefits we get

i support the american cause not the australian

although i do agree with them, our lives arent terrible to be protesting

(extra info: this is the only country where u can live on the dole and still live a pretty comfortable lifestyle)

Last edited:

cheese_cheese

HSC
but americans do have a reason to protest. the disparity between rich and poor is just increasing and its hard to make a living when ur life is practically predetermined by where you are born and who u are born to
+ no health care & all these other benefits we get

i support the american cause

although i do agree with them, our lives arent terrible to be protesting
I agree. Australian citizens are by no means worse off than Americans, we have it far better. There is still a massive disparity that must be resolved however. I.e. just love at the Gaddafi situation in Libya today. The western uprising is on the tipping point currently.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
what if this guy was actually a plant by the 1% to make OWS look even stupider than it already did

theone111

HSC
N/A
I agree. Australian citizens are by no means worse off than Americans, we have it far better. There is still a massive disparity that must be resolved however. I.e. just love at the Gaddafi situation in Libya today. The western uprising is on the tipping point currently.
anyway

i support u guys passively

good luck

Garygaz

HSC
protip: anyone who wants to be successful and wants to get ahead in australia, can and has. stop whinging and try harder.

theone111

HSC
N/A
protip: anyone who wants to be successful and wants to get ahead in australia, can and has. stop whinging and try harder.
i agree

but i think it is good to bring some attention 2 it now b4 the gap does widen a bit

Garygaz

HSC
who's discretion is it to decide at what level the gap is acceptable and what level is not?

theone111

HSC
N/A
who's discretion is it to decide at what level the gap is acceptable and what level is not?
well,
i think you would agree that, in comparison to America, our gap is fairly favourable

we don't suffer from borderline poverty like some of them do

so i think, where its at now is at an acceptable level

it would come to a communal consensus whether it is or not

Garygaz

HSC
well,
i think you would agree that, in comparison to America, our gap is fairly favourable

we don't suffer from borderline poverty like some of them do

so i think, where its at now is at an acceptable level

it would come to a communal consensus whether it is or not
but the problem here is that people already think it isn't at a suitable level? pretty much people dont like rich people

theone111

HSC
N/A
but the problem here is that people already think it isn't at a suitable level? pretty much people dont like rich people
not everyone does though

i was just reading a poll whether people supported this 'Occupy Sydney' campaign

and 70% said no

u just get those odd dole bludges who are in envy of the richer echelon for working hard

Garygaz

HSC
i have a feeling its someone trolling, the responses are too generic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)