Prelim 2015 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matchalolz

HSC
I definitely agree with the amount of content. But that's most, if not, every humanities subject :p

I didn't struggle with learning content because you keep practising past papers that eventually it's all common sense now.

However, Human Resources, holy fucking shit LOL

Economics though, holy fuck, my anus.
rofl

but that's with any humanities and science subject in which you must rote learn a fuckload of content - economics i know for a fact is the most content-heavy (maybe modern history is second but yeh) :haha:

hence why engrish and maffs ain't bad coz you can just practice :D (then again, i don't really memorise essays haha)
I'm actually doing fine with eco because the concepts are more interlinked, but the fact that business studies just seems to have random bits of knowledge everywhere kinda fucks with my brain

HR is gay tbh

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
I'm actually doing fine with eco because the concepts are more interlinked, but the fact that business studies just seems to have random bits of knowledge everywhere kinda fucks with my brain

HR is gay tbh
You still need to rote learn certain things that you can't logically deduce though haha, e.g. trade agreements/organisations, types of MER and labour markets. But yeah, I agree with you for the most part that eco is interconnected as a whole. :haha:

when you compare it to others who are aiming for 97-99.95, 91 is actually very achievable :)
jokes my actual cut-off is like 96 but yeah bonus points
Eh, it's all relative on how achievable X ATAR is depending on the person imo.

Lol yeah, the same course I want to enter hinges on bonus points (6 to be exact).

matchalolz

HSC
also, another random question, would people (mainly year 11s for hsc next year) be interested in buying english essays?

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC

HR is gay tbh
Business and Economics is the same for me. I love them both and they are both content heavy.

However, economics demands a higher level especially in essay writing and a better understanding in the content.

Otherwise, it's all logic and can easily be rote learned - both of them.

Yeah, I loved Operations, Marketing was pretty cool and Finance is dope (hate Finance essays). But HR. Holy moly.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Business and Economics is the same for me. I love them both and they are both content heavy.

However, economics demands a higher level especially in essay writing and a better understanding in the content.

Otherwise, it's all logic and can easily be rote learned - both of them.

Yeah, I loved Operations, Marketing was pretty cool and Finance is dope (hate Finance essays). But HR. Holy moly.
I was pretty much the same with business studies, but thought Finance business reports were okay...

matchalolz

HSC
depends how good they are
I just realised that it won't really be useful because every school does different electives and stuff. I know it's hard to quantify quality but full marks in a selective school.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I just realised that it won't really be useful because every school does different electives and stuff. I know it's hard to quantify quality but full marks in a selective school.
I'm sure people will buy them, take a chance and advertise them when you get your ATAR and HSC marks back :)

If I was to buy essays, and they aren't related to my novel but in the same AOS obviously, I would buy them to see what kind of writing quality and style that seems to work with making English teachers wet LOL

teridax

HSC
N/A
I'm sure people will buy them, take a chance and advertise them when you get your ATAR and HSC marks back :)

If I was to buy essays, and they aren't related to my novel but in the same AOS obviously, I would buy them to see what kind of writing quality and style that seems to work with making English teachers wet LOL
w0t

but rly

*hsc markers moan and make fapping sounds at gr8 eng essays* (dat auditory imagery)

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
when you compare it to others who are aiming for 97-99.95, 91 is actually very achievable :)
jokes my actual cut-off is like 96 but yeah bonus points
Lol, my atar goal has been changed so many times. Originally i wanted to do civil engineering at UNSW, which was a 91.20 atar. Then i was like, "oh, lets do a double in civil and architecture cause they go hand in hand" which requires a 95 atar. Then i realised i suck at drawing and shit, plus i wanted to do my engineering degree and another degree which i enjoyed so i decided to do advanced mathematics, which requires 95 as well. Finally i realised this shit is gonna be expensive so i need a scholarship and it turns out you get an automatics scholarship from UNSW if you get 99.90, so now my goal is the full 99.95 :haha:

teridax

HSC
N/A
Lol, my atar goal has been changed so many times. Originally i wanted to do civil engineering at UNSW, which was a 91.20 atar. Then i was like, "oh, lets do a double in civil and architecture cause they go hand in hand" which requires a 95 atar. Then i realised i suck at drawing and shit, plus i wanted to do my engineering degree and another degree which i enjoyed so i decided to do advanced mathematics, which requires 95 as well. Finally i realised this shit is gonna be expensive so i need a scholarship and it turns out you get an automatics scholarship from UNSW if you get 99.90, so now my goal is the full 99.95 :haha:
oooooooft

dat will be intense af. gl with the goal tho - it's gonna require loads of dedication to your studies

also i think you accidentally ignored my Q which was: what does the billy sunday quote actually mean lol

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
w0t

but rly

*hsc markers moan and make fapping sounds at gr8 eng essays* (dat auditory imagery)
That's how shit goes down Teri, that's what your Paper 1 and 2 did, and you know it. Those middle aged ladies and their red pens are going places ;)

The ATAR goal will always change, because your passions change.

I just decided that I didn't want to be an English teacher or a Humanities teacher. I wanted to walk up and down that UNSW walkway and make all the boys at the Business School faint. Not really.

But I decided my passion is in Finance. Or Marketing, if I find that I can't Maths in university. And now I need a 97 8D! So about 93 Raw with 5 bonus points n____n WOO! Not smart enough for a raw 97

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
oooooooft

dat will be intense af. gl with the goal tho - it's gonna require loads of dedication to your studies

also i think you accidentally ignored my Q which was: what does the billy sunday quote actually mean lol
Yeh its gonna be intense but i think i can do it..hopefully :)
The quote is just basically me preaching about how people think their all spiritual and religious and all that bullshit just because they go to church once a month and know they can hold the title of being a "Christian". A true christian is one that actually FOLLOWS the principles of Christianity and serves the community as they're supposed to, instead of going to church and then coming home to fucking drink beers and shit.
Btw, am not even Christian.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
The ATAR goal will always change, because your passions change.

I just decided that I didn't want to be an English teacher or a Humanities teacher. I wanted to walk up and down that UNSW walkway and make all the boys at the Business School faint. Not really.

But I decided my passion is in Finance. Or Marketing, if I find that I can't Maths in university. And now I need a 97 8D! So about 93 Raw with 5 bonus points n____n WOO! Not smart enough for a raw 97
Meh not really, im pree concrete on my goal atm, cause im really set on getting dat scholarship.
Plus i'm hoping to get boosted by bonus points, lol UNSW has sooo many bonus point options. Hoping that even if i get 94.90, i can get dat 5 extra bonus points. Do you know with my degree i can get 3 bonus points if i get an e4 for MX2??!!! Fucking insane
Btw, what happens if get 5 bonus points and my atar is 95, do i get 99.95 atar?

teridax

HSC
N/A
Yeh its gonna be intense but i think i can do it..hopefully :)
The quote is just basically me preaching about how people think their all spiritual and religious and all that bullshit just because they go to church once a month and know they can hold the title of being a "Christian". A true christian is one that actually FOLLOWS the principles of Christianity and serves the community as they're supposed to, instead of going to church and then coming home to fucking drink beers and shit.
Btw, am not even Christian.
Yeah, that's frustrating to me as well but that just shows that Christianity, whilst a powerful force, is slowly decaying in terms of its hegemonic value. Doesn't mean I discount the existence of a god though (I'm a fence sitting agnostic - just wasn't brought up in that environment).

What would you call yourself then?

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Meh not really, im pree concrete on my goal atm, cause im really set on getting dat scholarship.
Plus i'm hoping to get boosted by bonus points, lol UNSW has sooo many bonus point options. Hoping that even if i get 94.90, i can get dat 5 extra bonus points. Do you know with my degree i can get 3 bonus points if i get an e4 for MX2??!!! Fucking insane
Btw, what happens if get 5 bonus points and my atar is 95, do i get 99.95 atar?
You get the 99.95 selection rank :)

Yeah, even so, your passions have changed from A to now. And I think I'm pretty set on what I want to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)