Realisation of the amount that could have been done (1 Viewer)

roryclifford

HSC
Anybody else just coming to see how many hours they wasted these holidays?!

I'm not saying I did nothing, but compared to the amount of time we had, I barely scratched the surface of what I could have.

Best feeling haha :S

eeeeep

HSC
Uni Grad

I'm not saying I did nothing, but compared to the amount of time we had, I barely scratched the surface of what I could have.

eeeeep
Yeah I've wasted quite a lot of time as well....
Now this week I have to cram nearly all of the work I have to do in order to catch up... English is the worst of them =_=
But there's always time to catch up on the weekends if you're still behind....
Just spend a bit more time every weekend from term 1 to do extra revision (I actually think doing revision in this period is more effective than doing it in the holidays) and then you should be fine..

clissold

HSC

eeeeep

as Ive been told by numerous people who have already done their HSC, use these holidays as a time to have a break and relax as the next eight to nine months or so will be pretty intense..

Last edited:

roryclifford

HSC
Yeah I've wasted quite a lot of time as well....
Now this week I have to cram nearly all of the work I have to do in order to catch up... English is the worst of them =_=
But there's always time to catch up on the weekends if you're still behind....
Just spend a bit more time every weekend from term 1 to do extra revision (I actually think doing revision in this period is more effective than doing it in the holidays) and then you should be fine..
Yeah that's definately the plan haha. But stuff like creative writing, I was meant to have a stack of ideas and have created a story journal and I haven't even looked at it.
Oh well, will be much more motivated once school starts :D

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
May I ask, what is there to catch up on? surely you can't be that behind of a terms work?

roryclifford

HSC
May I ask, what is there to catch up on? surely you can't be that behind of a terms work?
Well, I see what you mean, and it was really only in stress I made this thread, but I have a feeling that it's not so much the work I will be behind in, but more the work I could have done to reduce my stress during the year. I mean, I am not a natural at Chemistry for example, and looking over the first module I found I didn't really know most of it at all, whereas on this site many people claim to have finished Module 2 by now.

In any case, it was just my paranoia.

:)

roryclifford

HSC
ohexploitable, what subjects do you really do? haha

I remember a thread where you said you had completed vast amount of each syllabus for subjects during these holidays, all of your own work, but they were different to the ones in your sig ;)

Just interested

umz93

HSC
I am in the same boat!
Can anyone who aced the hsc please reassure us :D?

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
Hahahaha this realisation hit me in the last few days. . .

However, I'm taking on the optimism and believe that I used this holidays best for relaxation and rejuvenating prior to the intense stress of the next year.

I'm happy with the work I did do, made progress on my Major Work, read English texts, checked over my completed summaries to make sure they were complete, read some sources for Ancient and Modern, and that was about it.

I figure we have the next nine months to catch back up, and hopefully when school returns the whole 'motivated feeling' returns also, cause I swear my motivation is playing hide and seek with me, and I just can't find it anywhere. u_u

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
I've realised in the last few days that I probably could have spent my holidays doing more study, but then I thought why bother worrying about time I can't get back. I enjoyed relaxing, and it'll be the last relaxing that I'll get for a while.

Plus the last few weeks of school really took it's toll on me, so it took some rejuvenating :D

HSC
I didn't do much.

Just like most, this week will involve a fair bit of cramming.

Ugh.

kcqn93

HSC
You guys should just be consistent... you might have crammed a subject or topic but you're bound to forget all about it in a few days without revision.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Did nothing in these holidays got a good enough ATAR. All you guys just stop worrying get back to playing DotA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)