Rudd will lose this election (1 Viewer)

Lauchlan

HSC
also the fags at 7PM Project absolutely LOVE Ruddkips
good for them. well they always seem to interview the worst liberal politians so i guess by comparison ruddkip is awesome.

Lauchlan

HSC
I think Kevin Rudd will improve if he wins the election and obviously his strategies will be revised. Tony Abbott has nothing to offer this country. He is a conservative and small minded man, his policies and stances on social issues are disgraceful to a country that has fought so hard for their freedom and rights. Not to mention in his interviews he swares and uses slang. This may seem insignificant but what image does this project to international governments who need to communicate with someone that supposedly represents an entire country. In politics communication is the key and Tony Abbott is a failure in this regard. Don't tell me he is trying to sympathise with the public and communicate with them, he is liberal, he is trying to seduce them. There is such dishonesty about him and i can't imagine how humiliating it would be to have him as a Prime Minister compared to the other world leaders. Tony Abbott a world leader? I dont think so. It may seem insignificant but Rudd's understanding of international relations and his initiative in having chinese as a second language and constantly being open to new ideas is something Abbott cannot achieve. Abbotts typically conservative, out-dated liberal views on world change and mass action are a huge disadvantage to Australia's role in the global arena. Tony Abbott is a joke, just like the liberal party at the moment. Where is the divide? currently there are no other options to labour other than 'no' as another user mentioned. The divide will come after he wins the election and the public will pay. Australia, under the guidance of the current liberal party, have no options, it seems to be one way or the other, but the labour party is at least staying true to their policies and have a clear direction. The directions will come if the liberal party get in and then it will just be a mess.
uhhhhh.... for rudd, against abbott? k..... otherwise tl;dr

Lentern

HSC
im actually not against a turnbull govt.....

oh and in response to your post - no, i cant think of one either.
Kevin Andrews? Bronwyn Bishop? People like Alexander Downer and Tony Abbott come to the leadership when it looks like a real nutter might actually take it. Also recall Peter Dutton is touted (somewhere) as a future party leader, the bloke who gave Nelson his front bench resignation when Nelson agreed to ascent the apology.

slugboy

In your mums house. Ill be waiting for you.
HSC
when did Tony become Ktony or Kony? somebody needs some spelling help? ;)
lol

remember those long car trips where you would play eye spy and you would start saying random words when it was too hard.

this is the same thing, only it isn't random

seriously, do you have any reasons why we SHOULD have tony abbott as PM?

Last edited:

bazrah

HSC
I think Labor will probably still win this year, but their real problem isn't just that Kevin Rudd's on the nose at the moment, but also that all his big media players have either made stuff ups or just been buggered off. Peter Garretts been demoted, Penny Wongs no longer needed really at the moment, Stephen Conroys not very popular anymore, and Julia Gillard is probably going to get her arse handed to her after this review of the education funding bungle. Unless they can all pick their game up and get some trust back from the Australian public they could struggle.

slugboy

In your mums house. Ill be waiting for you.
HSC
neither can i, i do not take off my metaphorical hat to you any longer, unless of course you meant by 'amazing' that it would be amazingly fail.

i consider costello to be worse than howard.
yes i did, i mean i like him, but not as a politician.

He'd would be better off as a civil servant or something

(a nice, positive way of disapproving him, don't you think?)

Lauchlan

HSC
lol

remember those long car trips where you would play eye spy and you would start saying random words when it was too hard.

this is the same thing, only it isn't random

seriously, do you have any reasons why we SHOULD have tony abbott as PM?
i am yet to hear a single reason that doesnt involve people using kevin rudd.

yes, it is relevent to make comparisons between the two

BUT in the 2007 election i know that a lot of people looked at kevin and john separately, and made judgements based on that.
their plans for the future (including their intentions - i dont care about scuba's quotes) and policies all should be taken into account.

so let me rephrase this question: what has tony abbott got to offer australia specfically? what are his plans? how does he see australia between now and 2013 and beyond?

theres are questions that need to be answered, and if the answer for tony abbott is 'i have no plans at the moment', (which it always is for tony) then im right in saying we should stick with kevin rudd.

Lauchlan

HSC
yes i did, i mean i like him, but not as a politician.

He'd would be better off as a civil servant or something

(a nice, positive way of disapproving him, don't you think?)
well i guess, but i dont think much of him as person because his political views reflect himself and who he is ie. what he stands for.

of course we must respect everyone and stuff, but when it comes to politics there's no need to use euphemisms (the politicians handle that) :p

Lauchlan

HSC
I think Labor will probably still win this year, but their real problem isn't just that Kevin Rudd's on the nose at the moment, but also that all his big media players have either made stuff ups or just been buggered off. Peter Garretts been demoted, Penny Wongs no longer needed really at the moment, Stephen Conroys not very popular anymore, and Julia Gillard is probably going to get her arse handed to her after this review of the education funding bungle. Unless they can all pick their game up and get some trust back from the Australian public they could struggle.
i agree - but when you look at the opposition, you will see that they deserve some criticism. just because their not in power doesnt mean they cant propose policies. the last time they did that their whole party collapsed.

we need to see action from tony abbott or, in my mind, rudd will win by default because tony will be "disqualified" for doing nothing.

HSC
abbot will win because Rudd promised big things and he has either not implemented them or fucked them up

doing nothing is better than fucking everything up

Lauchlan

HSC
abbot will win because Rudd promised big things and he has either not implemented them or fucked them up

doing nothing is better than fucking everything up
i disagree that rudd made things worse.
look at tony abbott's record - he takes away $1million from the public health system. thats even worse than doing nothing (which he is doing now).
kevin has many long-term projects that wont come into affect until this next federal term, and the ones he has done were with good intentions, saw some positive and negative results - overall i saw the positive outweight the negative.

if you cant provide well-constructed responses then give up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)